SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
P385 Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
For those of you wanting other calibers, I wouldn't hold my breath. Like it or not it's a 9mm world and nothing else really sells enough to make production costs worth it.



I believe we will see it in .40 S&W. Countries like Brazil use .40 S&W caliber extensively. Some countries also restrict the use of 9mm for civilians.

If the design proves to be solid, I expect to see scaled up versions in 10mm and .45.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure of the dimensions....if it's noticeably slimmer and lighter than the 320 yet fills the hand better than a 365, AND proves to be as reliable as a 320 while using the same Mags, I could get excited about that.


The carry model dims on the website. Looks to be close to a Glock 45 in size, a little thicker - .02"


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
To me it looks like a bigger P365, which I'm not super excited about. Tbe 365 is fiddly to work on, not as reliable as the P320, and I don't care for the grip size and shape, which unfortunately seems to be the inspiration for this one. I've been carrying a P320 since 2017 and so far have been completely satisfied with it, internet hysteria aside, so it's going to take something kinda special to get me to jump. I'm not sure of the dimensions....if it's noticeably slimmer and lighter than the 320 yet fills the hand better than a 365, AND proves to be as reliable as a 320 while using the same Mags, I could get excited about that.

I obviously can speak to the reliability (Nobody can at this point), but the P385 is most definitely everything else you mentioned. It feels VERY Good in the hand, similar to the P365 Legion, but w/ a noticeably longer grip dimension measured from front strap to back strap. The trigger break feels similar to the P320 Legion and the reset is VERY positive/tactile, kinda P365 like, but better. The slide is noticeably narrower than that of the P320, and P385 is a LOT lighter than the P320 as well. The P320 is chunky and unrefined by comparison.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
p320 XCARRY Dims

7.4 in (188 mm)
1.3in (33 mm)
5.5 in (140 mm)
26.5 oz (0.75 kg)

P385 Carry Dims

7.22 in
1.32 in
5.64 in
28.94 oz w/Magazine


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The P320 is chunky and unrefined by comparison.

You can say that again.


Q






 
Posts: 31455 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of GOTSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
For those of you wanting other calibers, I wouldn't hold my breath. Like it or not it's a 9mm world and nothing else really sells enough to make production costs worth it. Sig hasn't offered guns in .40/.357 for years now, and they've pretty much killed off the .45 lines too. There is a .380 P365 variant and the X-Ten, but those are kinda niche market items.

To me it looks like a bigger P365, which I'm not super excited about. Tbe 365 is fiddly to work on, not as reliable as the P320, and I don't care for the grip size and shape, which unfortunately seems to be the inspiration for this one. I've been carrying a P320 since 2017 and so far have been completely satisfied with it, internet hysteria aside, so it's going to take something kinda special to get me to jump. I'm not sure of the dimensions....if it's noticeably slimmer and lighter than the 320 yet fills the hand better than a 365, AND proves to be as reliable as a 320 while using the same Mags, I could get excited about that.



The best part is you don't have to jump. You can stick with the P320 since it works for you, and there are millions out there.

Military contracts will be active for years and I'm frankly surprised at all the posts I see everywhere that claim SIG is going to abandon the P320. Time will tell. From my perspective, those are mostly haters hating and ignoring the economics.


====================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." THOMAS
JEFFERSON
 
Posts: 919 | Location: Maine, U.S.A. | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GOTSIG:

I'm frankly surprised at all the posts I see everywhere that claim SIG is going to abandon the P320. Time will tell. From my perspective, those are mostly haters hating and ignoring the economics.


The P320 will be around as long as they have contracts to support. Going forward, I can't see Sig representatives pushing the P320 for new contracts. I can see them offering incentives to existing departments to switch to the new P385.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
In the civilian market I see it following the path of the Smith and Wesson Sigma.


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



 
Posts: 38691 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
In the civilian market I see it following the path of the Smith and Wesson Sigma.


That cuts like a knife, Jones. Big Grin


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to see LEO pricing on the comp model and how easy it would be to change the grip to a 15rd bottom.

I never tried the 250 or 320 but I really like my P365.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 8806 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
SIG is saying repeatedly that the P320 will be around for a long time. Sure, fine, say whatever you want.

Try to find a new production P320 in a local gun store 6 months from now. Maybe you can order one, but there won't be any new production on the store shelves. P385 will outsell it 10x and they will let the P320 fadeout for civilians.




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2469 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
P385 will outsell it 10x and they will let the P320 fadeout for civilians.

Due to their military contracts, the P320 will continue to be serviced for the commercial market for a long time. Unlike the short-lived P225-A1 and the P227.


Q






 
Posts: 31455 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I'm waiting to see LEO pricing on the comp model and how easy it would be to change the grip to a 15rd bottom.

I never tried the 250 or 320 but I really like my P365.


The 320 is great in stock form. Flat out amazing with a WC grip module.

I like my 365X MACRO but the 320 is better.

I do need to get a WC grip module for the 365 though.


————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
 
Posts: 26957 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
For those of you wanting other calibers, I wouldn't hold my breath. Like it or not it's a 9mm world and nothing else really sells enough to make production costs worth it.



I believe we will see it in .40 S&W. Countries like Brazil use .40 S&W caliber extensively. Some countries also restrict the use of 9mm for civilians.

If the design proves to be solid, I expect to see scaled up versions in 10mm and .45.



Sig makes zero pistols in 40 cal for the US market, 2 10mm options and of course .45 is still pretty well supported. There is a reason basically every new semi auto is only launched in 9mm. They may do .45 in this platform but that's it.
 
Posts: 2326 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The P320 has been in production for 12 years. SIG has made about leventy billion of them. I don't foresee an end to production nor commercial availability anytime soon.
 
Posts: 114950 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:

Sig makes zero pistols in 40 cal for the US market, 2 10mm options and of course .45 is still pretty well supported. There is a reason basically every new semi auto is only launched in 9mm. They may do .45 in this platform but that's it.


Yea...It looks like Brazil is moving away from .40. It's a 9mm world.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
P385 will outsell it 10x and they will let the P320 fadeout for civilians.

Due to their military contracts, the P320 will continue to be serviced for the commercial market for a long time. Unlike the short-lived P225-A1 and the P227.


Yes I put civilian in bold for a reason. We all know military and government contracts are signed and of course SIG will fulfill those. We are headed for a bifurcated market between gov and civilian sales, and it's going to happen very fast.

I think my 10:1 civilian sales ratio forecast yesterday was way too low, I bet P385 outsells P320 40:1 within a year.

Yes, you will still be able to find 320 parts, and will still be able to order a new one. SIG is never going to say anything negative about the 320, but they are praying the P385 becomes the hot new thing. SIG wants you to pick the P385 (reduce their future 320 lawsuit risk). By design the P385 will do everything better than the P320. The dealers will order P385 as they are ready to move on and the customers will pick shiny and new P385. You have noticed msrp are the same, by design it's an easy push towards the new model.

I have a dozen SIGs and for whatever reason never got around to getting a 320. I'm looking forward to picking up a P385 though.




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2469 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to trying it. I'll probably buy one eventually if it's good. But I don't really need it and will be perfectly content with my current stable if it's not.


-----------------------------------------------------------

Any comments made by this poster are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of my employer.
 
Posts: 12032 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
First run should be called the BOHICA edition. I can’t believe any sane person would give these shysters their hard earned money.
Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 2044 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^ It’s amazing isn’t it. What’s even more amazing is that there’s an all too common pattern re: such posts. After tossing their ‘flash bang’ into the thread, the offender/SIG hating member runs over to the ‘You will buy a Glock’ thread for their very next post! It happens all the time… Roll Eyes


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385

© SIGforum 2026