Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Gracie Allen is my personal savior! |
^^ Thanks again. | |||
|
| His diet consists of black coffee, and sarcasm. ![]() |
The slimmer slide is a plus. The 320's is a little bulky for AIWB concealed carry. However, it is very easy to grasp. | |||
|
| Member |
This is actually not correct. The round hole 21 rounders have a sharp ledge where they meet the grip. The square hole 21 rounders have a beveled edge where they meet the grip. The beveled edge is required in order to fully seat in modern P320 (and likely P385) grips. Random internet pictures: This is where my signature goes. | |||
|
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
^^ Hmmm, that's weird. When did SIG start putting round 'SIG' logos on round hole base plates? I've never seen one like that. If wrong, I stand corrected. ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| Member |
I will be able to access my five brand new never used 21 round OEM mags that have the round hole configuration tomorrow and will upload a couple of pictures. I will also try these mags in my current P320X5 pistol to see if the will function correctly. Question is, if I need to change out these base plates does SIG sell square hole base plates for the 21 round P320 mags? I found these mags that I forgot I purchased when looking for my 17 round P320 mags. They were in an ammo can that has been packed away for 8 to 10 years. Completely forgot I had them. | |||
|
| Member |
I have one in my hand right now lol. A couple years ago I went to replace all my rounds with squares - but sadly miscounted and I still have this one old round sitting around. This is where my signature goes. | |||
|
| Member |
https://www.sigsauer.com/floor...tended-snap-blk.html This is where my signature goes. | |||
|
| Member |
Creslin - Thanks Sir for the link. I found the base plates when looking for the 17 rounders but did not see this one. Greatly appreciate you providing this information and link. | |||
|
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
I would try my hand with a Dremel to modify your existing baseplates. If that's what actually you have, you've got nothing to lose cause nobody wants those anyway! It's definitely worth trying, especially since they're Out of Stock currently. ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| Member |
Pulled these five 21 round still new in their plastic wrapper magazines and thanks to you guys I just tried and learned that they will NOT lock into my P320X5 mag well. What a huge disappointment it would have been to learn this at a later time on a range trip or when trying with my future P385. Here is a photo of what I have and because of the great folks on this forum, this problem is fixable. I will get five replacement base sets ordered and while waiting for their arrival I will try my luck with my Dremel tool Again, THANKS Guys for your guidance, information, and recommendations. | |||
|
| I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not |
I would like to shoot one to see if there is any difference in the trigger. that would be the determining factor. But good luck getting a decent amount on a 320 in resale | |||
|
| Member |
I went to the SEC and checked them out. I like it. They presented really well. The trigger was good. Grip felt great. The controls were easy to use. The FS, Carry and Comp were available for pre-order. Everything except the compact has a mag funnel so it won't accept 17 rd mags without changing out the baseplate. I'll probably go with a compact when available. DPR | |||
|
Member![]() |
Definitely a Compact for me. The extra grip length for the Carry & FS make IWB a no-go for me. A reverse carry [longer [FS] slide with short [Compact] grip] would be more appealing to me. The Enemy's gate is down. | |||
|
Oriental Redneck![]() |
Same here, if I decide to get a new pistol. Q | |||
|
| Member |
10Round - Two questions please 1 - Did pre-order pricing match the current published MSRP pricing? 2 - Can you please explain what you mean when you said - Will not accept 17 round mags without changing the baseplate? I want the MACH3D but will more than likely go with the FS since the MACH3D will not be released until later in the year. Thanks Mark | |||
|
Down the Rabbit Hole![]() |
I ran across this on the soldiersystems.net website. The SIG P385 FCU, Recoil Dampening System, and MagStrap https://soldiersystems.net/202...il-dampening-system/ Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell | |||
|
Fighting the good fight![]() |
The P385 FCU appears to simply be a slightly scaled up P365 FCU. And it appears to use the same trigger return spring as the P365 (either the same part or at least the same style), which some users in other P365 threads have complained about as a potential weak point of the design, with the stance that it makes the P365 "not duty rated". It seems Sig feels differently, as the P385 is specifically marketed as a duty pistol. P385 on top. P365 on bottom. | |||
|
| My other Sig is a Steyr. ![]() |
Any ideas as to a P320 slide being compatible with the P385 (other than the roll marks? It would be kinda cool for a caliber swap. | |||
|
For real?![]() |
I'm probably going to get the comp version and get the part to make it a compact grip.
I thought I saw online somewhere where they are not compatible? Not minority enough! | |||
|
Down the Rabbit Hole![]() |
Obviously, Sig didn't feel like a full size P365 was duty rated either. They sure didn't beef it up so they could make it in .40 s&w. As far as the TRS goes, I don't consider pointing out a known issue with the P365 TRS a complaint. It's merely pointing out what some high volume and some not so high volume P365 shooters have observed. If the TRS turns out to be a problem in the P385, it will show up soon enough by folks that actually do a lot of shooting with the platform. I have been keeping an open mind and have not bashed the pistol. I'm hoping the gun runs like a top. Having a pistol with all of the positive features of the P365/P320 that also addresses some of the weak points would be a win as far as I'm concerned. Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

