SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
P385 Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^ It’s amazing isn’t it. What’s even more amazing is that there’s an all too common pattern re: such posts. After tossing their ‘flash bang’ into the thread, the offender/SIG hating member runs over to the ‘You will buy a Glock’ thread for their very next post! It happens all the time… Roll Eyes


And that gives you the vapors I’m sure. What with you practically being a member of the SIG PR team and all.

Why is it peoples opinions on an opinion board offends you so when they dare speak ill of SIG Sauer?


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



 
Posts: 38691 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^ It's a pattern, and it's a one way street. The follow up post to the one that 'Fire Away' quoted occurred just three minutes later. Seems kinda' unfortunate and unnecessary is all.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I mean personally. I wouldn't mind a full sized comped version. Was leaning toward a PDP for next purchase to run some classes with. As I've been shooting last x2 with my 365. Fundamentals are the same but a full size pistol would be a touch easier.

Probably won't be long until someone drops a aftermarket aluminum frame or Sig drops a Steel frame P385 X-Legion.




Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
 
Posts: 9183 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
So I have a question. Member RogueJSK two pages back was kind enough to provide me with a picture and details as to what would and would not work related to the SIG OEM P320 mag base plates.

I went to looking and discovered I had four 17 round and five 21 round P320 OEM mags with “round hole” base plates. Am I correct to assume that the 21 round base plates will not need to be swapped out like the 17 round base plates to the square hole configuration since they extend below the mag well funnel?

I ask because I still have a P320X5 that I intend to keep and I do plan on buying a P385 Full Size, Mach3D, or Comp Model when they release.

Thanks
 
Posts: 3655 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^ You are correct.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^ You are correct.


Thanks Nhracerraft for this quick feedback and thanks for your pictures and information you have provided related to this new model. Pretty dang cool to be able to drive to their facility and handle, disassemble, and fire this new design. Your posts have me comfortable with being an early buyer.

Now to decide which one I want. Thinking the COMP3D, if I can afford it, because my plan would be to make this my local match gun but being that I shoot in the matches to keep in practice, I may go with the Full Size instead. Never owned a pistol with a comp so not sure which way to go yet.

Thanks again
 
Posts: 3655 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
As someone who spent 15 years (1990-2005) shooting primarily SIG DA/SA pistols, on-duty, off-duty, in training, conducting training, shot various "gun games" with them, in all just over 150,000 rounds through them; I can say.

I'm not interested in anything that SIG has to offer now or moving forward. No longer interested in them at all.

I have shot the P320, 365, and several of their variations (so many different configurations...). I have not found any of them being "better" choices for MY needs. I also don't like how the company is being run "today", and by that I mean over the last decade or so...

So, my money goes elsewhere. LOTS of choices in firearms at this time, but SIG is a company that does not have anything that I want/need or a company that I really want to spend my $$ with.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
 
Posts: 2016 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'm curious to check it out at some point. I think my real interest is some of the comps coming out for the 365 as well. If I can get a cool new grip for my fuse then I'm not sure I'd jump ship.
 
Posts: 3286 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
And that gives you the vapors I’m sure.

This gave me a chuckle. I'm sure a lot of the "older" members here understand this expression well. Until recently, I had never heard the phrase (at least I didn't remember it). I read it in a Peanuts strip.



The danger of baobabs is so little recognized.
 
Posts: 2810 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like a pretty fair distance between the top of the backstrap to the front of the trigger. Looks even worse than your basic large frame Glock.
 
Posts: 1278 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
This renovation shows (a) the deficiency of the P320 (b) the awareness that the P320 is D-E-D commercially and (c) continuing product releases maximize corporate profitability.


-------
Trying to simplify my life...
 
Posts: 6295 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
A wise man learns from his mistakes. A scholar learns from others.

I'll be very interested to learn from others how this new version of sliced bread is more betterer, more reliable, easier to maintain etc etc. It's a tall order to fill.

Carry model is not lighter than the P320 Xcarry and almost 6oz heavier than the G45.
Source:Specs from website(s)
It should recoil less, even without the polymer insert. Pretty much the same gun without the proven track record. A fool and his money....

Weight/dims for the compact aren't out, but I'll be interested in seeing the difference with the G19.
That size is my sweet spot for a carry gun.


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^ You are correct.

Thanks Nhracerraft for this quick feedback and thanks for your pictures and information you have provided related to this new model. Pretty dang cool to be able to drive to their facility and handle, disassemble, and fire this new design. Your posts have me comfortable with being an early buyer.

Now to decide which one I want. Thinking the COMP3D, if I can afford it, because my plan would be to make this my local match gun but being that I shoot in the matches to keep in practice, I may go with the Full Size instead. Never owned a pistol with a comp so not sure which way to go yet.

Thanks again

It definitely is 'pretty dang cool' to be located that close to the SIG Experience Center and SIG Academy, which is less than a half hour away from my home. I had the time and decided I would/should head over that day instead of waiting until Friday which was my original plan, and I'm really glad I did. I had lots of questions, as did many others, and I figured I was in a unique position to get some early first hand info to share here.

I was there for over 4 1/2 hours on Launch Day, and got to spend a bunch of time with a couple of product guys, and a development guy as well. I was able to get hands on all of the new products and ask a LOT of questions, the VAST majority of which they were willing to answer. I'm really happy I went, AND that I was able to get the access that I did. It was 'almost' like I was a SF Field Correspondent that day. I went out to my car a couple of times to post in the thread, and while doing so, questions were being posted at the same time. I was posting from my phone, which was kind of a pain, as I'd have to post, then edit and so on. Then there'd be new questions posted, and I try to answer as best I could, or go get the answer, like posting that pic of the 'kinda weird looking' configuration of the Mach3D Upper Receiver assembled with the Compact Grip Module.

Fun Fact - The SIG Experience Center/SIG Academy is located in Epping, NH and there are two racetracks less than a mile away; Star Speedway, and New England Dragway, which is only a half mile down the road. I did not expect this, but while I was sitting in my car posting to SIGforum, sunroof open with the windows down enjoying the fall breeze, there were cars were running at both New England Dragway and Star Speedway. All the while, there was a LOT of gunfire, all happening at the same time! As a gearhead, this REALLY added to the experience that day. It was a cacophony of testosterone inspired activity, and it was all music to my ears! Cool

Anyway, I can’t speak to whether you (or anyone) should be an early adopter of the P385, but I’m definitely I'm glad I was able to contribute in the small way that I did, and you found the info I was able to gather/post helpful. Cheers!


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^ You are correct.


Can you tell us some of the design changes that would make the P385 more robust compared to the P365? Also, Is the trigger bar return spring the same on the P385? It is one of the weak points on the P365.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
A wise man learns from his mistakes. A scholar learns from others.

I'll be very interested to learn from others how this new version of sliced bread is more betterer, more reliable, easier to maintain etc etc. It's a tall order to fill.

Carry model is not lighter than the P320 Xcarry and almost 6oz heavier than the G45.
Source:Specs from website(s)
It should recoil less, even without the polymer insert. Pretty much the same gun without the proven track record. A fool and his money....

Weight/dims for the compact aren't out, but I'll be interested in seeing the difference with the G19.
That size is my sweet spot for a carry gun.

Hmmm, the P320 17rd Magazine weighs 3.04 oz (I just weighed one on a digital scale), and while SIG specifies the weight of the P385 'w/ Magazine', it does not do the same for the P320. Adjusting the numbers for that, the P320 X-Carry would weigh 29.54 oz vs 28.94 for the P385 Carry. Also, the P385 Carry comes with a metal Magwell, which is removable and would/could push the weight a bit lighter depending on how you look at it. I'd bet that's the difference in the numbers as the P385 seemed noticeably lighter than the P320 when I held both on Launch Day. Just a thought...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^ You are correct.

Can you tell us some of the design changes that would make the P385 more robust compared to the P365? Also, Is the trigger bar return spring the same on the P385? It is one of the weak points on the P365.

I really don't know and didn't think to ask about that comparison, though the FCU does appear very P365 like, just more substantial. I did notice that the 'Precision Barrel' was a LOT beefier than just about any other pistol barrel I've seen, and basically on par with my P226 X5-L1. It looked like the slide could easily accommodate a .40 S&W barrel based on the dimension(s) involved (w/ no modification to the existing slide req'd!), and I said that out loud. After I noticed/commented on that it was mentioned that 'every component in the P385 was designed for a min. service life of 10K rounds'. I did ask the product guy if I could quote him on that, and he declined, indicating he was neither able to confirm, nor deny that statement. I got the impression that was a design concept (criteria?), but they weren't gonna hang their hat(s) on it for obvious reasons.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Also, the P385 Carry comes with a metal Magwell, which is removable and would/could push the weight a bit lighter depending on how you look at it.

Which raises another trivia question, if you happen to have a moment.

When I first went in to look at the FUSE, one of the things that comes up is that some people aren't crazy about the position/feel of the bolt-on magwell on the FUSE. When they took it off, the polymer of the grip module at the bottom of the pistol got chewed up pretty easily from ordinary use.

Is the polymer at the bottom of the grip of the 385 Compact thick enough to avoid this problem, or is someone unhappy with the factory option back to looking for smaller/thinner/less obtrusive aftermarket bolt-on magwell, or could you tell at the time?
 
Posts: 27436 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
Looks like a pretty fair distance between the top of the backstrap to the front of the trigger. Looks even worse than your basic large frame Glock.


For me that's a huge positive, and one of the only reasons I have any interest in this gun at all.

The P365, in all of it's variants, has too short of a trigger reach and it's uncomfortable for me to shoot. I know it works for a lot of folks, and that's fine, but we're not all little people and there's already a gun for them. Making this one bigger and feeding it from P320 magazines at least makes it worth a look.


-----------------------------------------------------------

Any comments made by this poster are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of my employer.
 
Posts: 12032 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Also, the P385 Carry comes with a metal Magwell, which is removable and would/could push the weight a bit lighter depending on how you look at it. I'd bet that's the difference in the numbers as the P385 seemed noticeably lighter than the P320 when I held both on Launch Day. Just a thought...


Cool, I didn't catch the metal magwell with the P385. Def would reduce recoil too, which is of key interest to Sig in the design of this gun.

Compared to the P320, I could see it feeling lighted, especially with the P320's slide mass and lack of weight in the bottom. P320 would feel top heavy.


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Also, the P385 Carry comes with a metal Magwell, which is removable and would/could push the weight a bit lighter depending on how you look at it.

Which raises another trivia question, if you happen to have a moment.

When I first went in to look at the FUSE, one of the things that comes up is that some people aren't crazy about the position/feel of the bolt-on magwell on the FUSE. When they took it off, the polymer of the grip module at the bottom of the pistol got chewed up pretty easily from ordinary use.

Is the polymer at the bottom of the grip of the 385 Compact thick enough to avoid this problem, or is someone unhappy with the factory option back to looking for smaller/thinner/less obtrusive aftermarket bolt-on magwell, or could you tell at the time?

I can't speak to the contours, thickness or potential durability of the material at the bottom of the grip on P385 Compact as I didn't really pay much attention to that. I do know that the metal Magwell on the P385 is the same part that goes on the P320 AXG & P320 X-Five. It has a single locating tab and a vertical bolt/cap screw to mount it to the Grip Module. The statement was made that all of the aftermarket Magwells for the P320 (X-Series?) would fit, but I believe that's not quite correct, and that only those that fit the metal framed AXG/X-FIVE will work. Not sure if that helps, but that's what I got until I can get back over there.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385

© SIGforum 2026