Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
Down the Rabbit Hole![]() |
I believe we will see it in .40 S&W. Countries like Brazil use .40 S&W caliber extensively. Some countries also restrict the use of 9mm for civilians. If the design proves to be solid, I expect to see scaled up versions in 10mm and .45. Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell | |||
|
| Member |
The carry model dims on the website. Looks to be close to a Glock 45 in size, a little thicker - .02" Joe Back in Tx. | |||
|
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
I obviously can speak to the reliability (Nobody can at this point), but the P385 is most definitely everything else you mentioned. It feels VERY Good in the hand, similar to the P365 Legion, but w/ a noticeably longer grip dimension measured from front strap to back strap. The trigger break feels similar to the P320 Legion and the reset is VERY positive/tactile, kinda P365 like, but better. The slide is noticeably narrower than that of the P320, and P385 is a LOT lighter than the P320 as well. The P320 is chunky and unrefined by comparison. ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| Member |
p320 XCARRY Dims 7.4 in (188 mm) 1.3in (33 mm) 5.5 in (140 mm) 26.5 oz (0.75 kg) P385 Carry Dims 7.22 in 1.32 in 5.64 in 28.94 oz w/Magazine Joe Back in Tx. | |||
|
Oriental Redneck![]() |
You can say that again. Q | |||
|
Member![]() |
The best part is you don't have to jump. You can stick with the P320 since it works for you, and there are millions out there. Military contracts will be active for years and I'm frankly surprised at all the posts I see everywhere that claim SIG is going to abandon the P320. Time will tell. From my perspective, those are mostly haters hating and ignoring the economics. ==================== "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." THOMAS JEFFERSON | |||
|
Down the Rabbit Hole![]() |
The P320 will be around as long as they have contracts to support. Going forward, I can't see Sig representatives pushing the P320 for new contracts. I can see them offering incentives to existing departments to switch to the new P385. Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell | |||
|
| Sigforum K9 handler |
In the civilian market I see it following the path of the Smith and Wesson Sigma. ________________ People hate you. Train like it. | |||
|
Down the Rabbit Hole![]() |
That cuts like a knife, Jones. Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell | |||
|
For real?![]() |
I'm waiting to see LEO pricing on the comp model and how easy it would be to change the grip to a 15rd bottom. I never tried the 250 or 320 but I really like my P365. Not minority enough! | |||
|
| come and take it |
SIG is saying repeatedly that the P320 will be around for a long time. Sure, fine, say whatever you want. Try to find a new production P320 in a local gun store 6 months from now. Maybe you can order one, but there won't be any new production on the store shelves. P385 will outsell it 10x and they will let the P320 fadeout for civilians. "The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei | |||
|
Oriental Redneck![]() |
Due to their military contracts, the P320 will continue to be serviced for the commercial market for a long time. Unlike the short-lived P225-A1 and the P227. Q | |||
|
| Raised Hands Surround Us Three Nails To Protect Us |
The 320 is great in stock form. Flat out amazing with a WC grip module. I like my 365X MACRO but the 320 is better. I do need to get a WC grip module for the 365 though. ———————————————— The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad. If we got each other, and that's all we have. I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand. You should know I'll be there for you! | |||
|
| Member |
Sig makes zero pistols in 40 cal for the US market, 2 10mm options and of course .45 is still pretty well supported. There is a reason basically every new semi auto is only launched in 9mm. They may do .45 in this platform but that's it. | |||
|
| Peace through superior firepower |
The P320 has been in production for 12 years. SIG has made about leventy billion of them. I don't foresee an end to production nor commercial availability anytime soon. | |||
|
Down the Rabbit Hole![]() |
Yea...It looks like Brazil is moving away from .40. It's a 9mm world. Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell | |||
|
| come and take it |
Yes I put civilian in bold for a reason. We all know military and government contracts are signed and of course SIG will fulfill those. We are headed for a bifurcated market between gov and civilian sales, and it's going to happen very fast. I think my 10:1 civilian sales ratio forecast yesterday was way too low, I bet P385 outsells P320 40:1 within a year. Yes, you will still be able to find 320 parts, and will still be able to order a new one. SIG is never going to say anything negative about the 320, but they are praying the P385 becomes the hot new thing. SIG wants you to pick the P385 (reduce their future 320 lawsuit risk). By design the P385 will do everything better than the P320. The dealers will order P385 as they are ready to move on and the customers will pick shiny and new P385. You have noticed msrp are the same, by design it's an easy push towards the new model. I have a dozen SIGs and for whatever reason never got around to getting a 320. I'm looking forward to picking up a P385 though. "The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei | |||
|
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best![]() |
I'm looking forward to trying it. I'll probably buy one eventually if it's good. But I don't really need it and will be perfectly content with my current stable if it's not. ----------------------------------------------------------- Any comments made by this poster are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of my employer. | |||
|
| Transplanted Hillbilly |
| |||
|
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
^^ It’s amazing isn’t it. What’s even more amazing is that there’s an all too common pattern re: such posts. After tossing their ‘flash bang’ into the thread, the offender/SIG hating member runs over to the ‘You will buy a Glock’ thread for their very next post! It happens all the time… ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

