SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Picked up my G48 yesterday. Trigger needs some work and that Burris is coming off as soon as I have time to mess with it, but I really like it already. .

Why are you taking off the Burris?

(Just picked up 2 G-43x MOS', and am in the market for a red dot on mine)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A few reasons.
1) I am not trained or practiced with shooting a red dot on a pistol and I find it too unfamiliar just yet for a pistol I plan to carry.
2) I have no idea how durable this red dot will be for carry as it seems intended more for sporting use and I would rather use a sight intended for carry if I’m going to do so.
3) It’s wider than the slide and takes up a lot of real estate - I seem to be grabbing the red dot more than the slide when attempting admin functions.
4) If I’m going to carry a pistol with a red dot, I’d prefer to add it to the pistol, not replace my rear sight. If the red dot fails for whatever reason, I want the irons as well.

The deal on the pistol as-is was too good to pass up. I may try this sight on another Glock that doesn’t get carried to start familiarizing myself with the concept. If not, maybe put it on my 10/22. This isn’t me crapping on red dots, it just isn’t the way I’d choose to go about it.

You’re working with the MOS system, so I think you’ve got access to better options. Maybe I’m wrong and needlessly discounting this optic, but I don’t think it’s ideal for my intended use.

Point #3 shown here in previous owner’s picture:

Posts: 17153 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Dang that looks like a top hat on a skinny cat!

These guns need the micro RMR sights

link

Posts: 23472 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 Smudge
Thanks for the info. Yeah, that thing is pretty big for that narrow slide.

(Note to self- no Burris)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
A few reasons.
1) I am not trained or practiced with shooting a red dot on a pistol and I find it too unfamiliar just yet for a pistol I plan to carry.
2) I have no idea how durable this red dot will be for carry as it seems intended more for sporting use and I would rather use a sight intended for carry if I’m going to do so.
3) It’s wider than the slide and takes up a lot of real estate - I seem to be grabbing the red dot more than the slide when attempting admin functions.
4) If I’m going to carry a pistol with a red dot, I’d prefer to add it to the pistol, not replace my rear sight. If the red dot fails for whatever reason, I want the irons as well.

The deal on the pistol as-is was too good to pass up. I may try this sight on another Glock that doesn’t get carried to start familiarizing myself with the concept. If not, maybe put it on my 10/22. This isn’t me crapping on red dots, it just isn’t the way I’d choose to go about it.

You’re working with the MOS system, so I think you’ve got access to better options. Maybe I’m wrong and needlessly discounting this optic, but I don’t think it’s ideal for my intended use.

Point #3 shown here in previous owner’s picture:

I just bought a Ruger 22/45 MK III with that light, but with the smaller dot.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Well I saw a local shop with some 43xMOS in stock, for $699.99. A new shop that I haven’t been to before, everything MSRP+. Real up their own ass with wrapped super cars parked out front and inside the shop. Big pass.

Posts: 9969 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
I'm guess I'm a Glockist... is that such a thing?

If it is, there's worse things to be.

quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Well I saw a local shop with some 43xMOS in stock, for $699.99. A new shop that I haven’t been to before, everything MSRP+. Real up their own ass with wrapped super cars parked out front and inside the shop. Big pass.

Lol where was that? I want to be able to avoid going out there.

Well, I pulled the Burris off my G48. Whoever installed it needed to do some fitting to get it to fit the dovetail... and didn't do it. Holy shit was it in there tight! Got the original rear back on there and I'm much happier with it now. And yes, the original owner painted the baseplates to match the slide. It isn’t effort I would go through, but it doesn’t bother me.

I also kinda fell into this. I had a thought a while back about how it wouldn't be bad to have a .40 again during ammo shortages, and this one just kinda sorta came along. It's got that teflon frying pan feeling finish on the slide and I've wanted one with that finish again for years, and I didn't own a Gen 3 for a long time. This one looks and feels basically BNIB. So!

I still want a G45, though....

Posts: 17153 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Securite

Posts: 9969 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Real up their own ass with wrapped super cars parked out front and inside the shop.
I'm guessing some or all employees have full sleeve tattoos and operator beards. Black t-shirts stretched tight over their LA Fitness muscles. At some point in each day of their life, they work "bro" into the conversation.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
More accurate than you would think.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
"Securité" just sounds pompous. I'll make sure to give them a miss.

The Yelp photos have their cars parked inside the shop. Wow. Yeah, I don't need to contribute to that with my hard-earned pay.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's your problem, bro? Bet you don't even operate.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.. 40 bucks a month and 165 bucks as an "initiation" fee.
Now I see how the monthly supercar payment is made.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16099 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's your problem, bro?

I drive a pickup truck. Frown

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I bet I would operate harder with a $700 stock Glock.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Securite

We have Shooters World here couple of locations, lots of lanes, pistol, rife, even a old time gun range game. $300-$3249 depending on your level of choice, financing available.

Its a heck of a place.... Since it's down by Touristavile, lots of foreign interest in renting guns to shoot, since many countries don't allow guns in peoples hands aka the UK.

I'll stick to my country outdoor range...

They do sell quite a few Glocks you can get your hands on just about any firearm without having to ask to see one in the case.

Shooters World - Link

Posts: 23472 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Speaking of .25 trigger jobs. A jeweler friend of mine suggested this product for my polishing needs. I am going to try it on my Glock parts instead of Flitz or similar products. It may be overkill and do nothing special with the cheap metal parts. Or, it might.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I look forward to hearing about your results.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Speaking of .25 trigger jobs. A jeweler friend of mine suggested this product for my polishing needs. I am going to try it on my Glock parts instead of Flitz or similar products. It may be overkill and do nothing special with the cheap metal parts. Or, it might.
I've done similar with Diamond emulsions I have for knife sharpening, just because!! 4 micron (4000 grit) to .025 micron (650,000 grit). Crazy liquid mirror shiny! While it was a fun experiment, could not feel a difference between that and ones I've done with White buffing compound.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post