SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... 563
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Welp, I did it - bought a G19x and a G17M, because everyone should have one or two Glocks. I selected those specific models because they came with three-dot metal sights (Trijicon on the 19, Ameriglo Bold on the 17) like all my modern Sigs, so no changes necessary. I have my hammer guns before sig replaces them with AXG frame striker guns (my prediction) and my 320 XC and 320 XF.

These will be for blasting iron in the woods for fun - range guns in reverse.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned a number of Glocks however, NEVER a 9mm Glock. Please stop heating the tar and leave the danged feathers alone.

Then I rented a G43X. Wow it shot great, handled great so I bought one. Three hundred rounds later and it is addictive. Gee what shall I shoot today, oh yeah the G43X, duh.

I am carrying it in a Remora "sticky" holster that is a tad large (purchased for a different pistol) but have another on order.

Lock N Load (a Glock)

Michael
USMC Ret

This message has been edited. Last edited by: specter77,

Posts: 1452 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow it shot great, handled great so I bought one.

Welcome to the herd. A G43 is a good start. Wink

I'm lately finding myself wanting to walk some extra G19's I have an urge to diversify a little. By that, I mean other Glocks, of course. A G45 and a G48, I think, would be great to cover the bases a little better. I have a G42 for summer carry, but I wouldn't mind something that slim in 9mm. I have a G17, but it's a Gen 1 and I'd rather carry current production stuff that's easy to replace should it come to it. Something like a G45 would be nice for a dedicated nightstand gun. My Gen 4 19 is fine for carry, so I think I'll stick with that, but man... I wanna try out a Gen 5.

So many flavors, so little time. Big Grin

Posts: 17221 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, bought another. This time a Gen 5 23 MOS. I am rediscovering .40 For a little variety.
I don't think I will put a red dot on it as I have one on my Gen 5 17, my FN Edge, and FN 509C.
I did but trijicon night sights on it. Put 100 rounds thru it. With the gen 5 beefed up slide it was very easy and fun to shoot. I have some hotter ammo on the way so will see how it does with it.
Another great Glock pistol

Posts: 540 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just moved from a commie state with a gun roster to a free state. Know what it’s like going into the shop and seeing every model of gen 5 Glock in every color available?! At a rational price ? I text pics of g45 and 19x with price tags on them to my gun pals back behind the iron curtain just to tease. And ask if it’s. “A good price ?” Knowing if they could get one it would cost 2-3x the free state price.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Got a G43X yesterday….already have two of the aftermarket 15 round mags, and a holster. Just gotta get the metal mag catch now.
Leaving for the range in an hour….gonna run 100 rounds thru it.

My buddy let me borrow his the last time I was in NC, and I love it. The grip is just right. The aftermarket mags make it a no brained, and I can keep the two factory mags in the truck as backup.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G43X when they first came out. For some reason, I got slight "railroad tracks" on the web of my hand from the slide. It just didn't seem to offer enough over a standard G43 with plus one magazine baseplates.

About a month ago I was at the PX with the intent to look at a SA Hellcat. They had a G43X MOS and the wheels started turning.

Holosun 507K mounted and zeroed; Shield Arms magazine catch installed and magazines on hand; Apex flat trigger and connector installed, and a Muddy River AIWB holster for carry. About 300 rounds of various handloads through it so far.

Nirvana!

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Had to tap the rear sight over a tad…shoots perfect now. Love they way it fits in my hand. Now I’m prolly gonna polish the disconnect or and roll with it.

Those shield arms mags are a bitch to fill though.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G48 with Shield arms in my waistband now. I have a S15 magazine with the Shield 5 round extension, as a spare. Quite pleased, so far.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
I looked in the safe the other day an it dawned on me that there are only Glocks in there...

G21.3
G19M x2
G23.4 (40/357 Sig)
G43X

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

Gen 5 G19 MOS at the top, G43x MOS bottom (most recent purchase). With S-15 mags

G43X MOS with S-15+5 round extension. I like it Cool .

Posts: 2836 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Had to tap the rear sight over a tad…shoots perfect now. Love they way it fits in my hand. Now I’m prolly gonna polish the disconnect or and roll with it.

Those shield arms mags are a bitch to fill though.

You need a Maglula UpLULA .

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
While I’m down to my lone (but great)Glock 26, I have no doubt I’ll purchase another one day. However, it will be when Glock truly innovates once again.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Back in the Glock game with a G20.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMag:
While I’m down to my lone (but great)Glock 26, I have no doubt I’ll purchase another one day. However, it will be when Glock truly innovates once again.

Gen 5s are a really nice as far as innovation.
I love my Glock 45.
If Glock variates too far from the original concept, like Sig did (with their 20 variations of the same pistol), it diminishes the greatness of the Glock design.. IMHO

Still the biggest fan of my Gen 2 Glocks, followed closely by my one Gen 5..

Gen 2.5.

Posts: 4372 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got around to replacing the Gen4 G26, that I had sold to a colleague, shortly before I retired from policin’. My Gen4 G26 had been a one-trick pony, for me, an ankle-carried gun, to back-up my G17 duty pistol, while in uniform. Well, it did not take long for me to discover that a baby Glock has some useful niches, for the armed private citizen. The arthritis, affecting my right hand, has certainly diminished the usefulness of compact nines, in my life, but I am functionally ambidextrous with most handguns, and actually shoot Glocks better lefty than righty. (I am left-handed, but right-armed; I write lefty, and throw righty. I decided, in 1983, to carry “primary” on the right side.)

Of course, the panic-demic had interrupted availability, but a few days ago, a local gun store had at least two new Gen5 G26 pistols, but also at least one new Gen3 G26, and I bought the Gen3. I still have some holsters, that might not be compatible with the Gen5’s dual slide stop levers, and, after the sale, I was gratified to discover what I believe to be the cleanest out-of-the-box trigger action of any Glock I have ever owned. I considered buying a Gen5 G26, too, as part of the same transaction, but was concerned that might mean carrying some credit card debt beyond a month, so, not the best idea.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I started out with a Gen4 19. I added a Gen4 26 and 21SF. Sold the 26 and 21, and now I have a 2nd G19 Gen4 and a new G48.

I sold all my other handguns other than 2 Ruger 22/45 Mark III, and I am down to .22 and 9mm for handguns.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Where are you all finding a 43X MOS?

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently picked up a 19X and have Glock 19 gen 2.

Sig P226 W German
Sig P220 W German
Sig P228 W German

Posts: 121 | Location: Pennsylvania  | Registered: November 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I actually finally made it to my gun club last week and shot the peanut butter 19x I bought about 2 months ago... it shot well but to be honest still not my cup of tea. P226 for me did a lot better.

In fact, I think I like shooting my Glock 31 & 32 better than the 19x.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post