SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The idea of 15 rounds of 10mm is appealing, no? Wink
Not to the bedwetting liberal legislators/traitors in my state. Mad

At least I bought my G20 and mags before they passed the ridiculous laws here.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I've bought them and always foolishly sold them. I've finally learned my lesson and have a G19 and a G26 on the way, both Gen 4s. Hope to have them next week.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Ooops I did it again....

I have an OD Gen4 G17 incoming. I was really hoping for an OD Gen4 G34 in OD, but I waited too long. Can't wait for the new addition!

I also picked up a gen4 G20 a few months back and can't remember if I posted it on this thread.

Pics to come.
Smile

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Can you dig iiiiiit!!

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
Okay...I have a police trade in Glock 19. For some reason, I got the idea I needed a single stack .45 and one trip to Adventure Outdoors left me with this:

Deleted Photobucket link -- you know what it looks like anyway...

It's my first NEW Glock...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim335,

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Can you dig iiiiiit!!

lol Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I sold my Gen 2 G21 today... Eek

But I did buy it , hence the thread title. Cool
I'm down to 4 Glocks now...
I'll make it 5 when I can find a nice Gen 1 G17... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only Glock that I bought and still own is G19 RTF2. Love the texture of the grip.

Posts: 126 | Location: Reston, VA | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micomiles:
Yup...... I bought a Glock 19 Gen4 yesterday at my LGS. I just could not say "NO" and walk away!!!

Shoots really nice too!!! Big Grin

Paid for it's twin this morning.

Did yours come with the beavertail backstraps as well as the regular backstraps? Don't know that I will use them, but it was a nice surprise.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Micomiles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:
quote:
Yup...... I bought a Glock 19 Gen4 yesterday at my LGS. I just could not say "NO" and walk away!!!

Did yours come with the beavertail backstraps as well as the regular backstraps? Don't know that I will use them, but it was a nice surprise.

Today, I traded my Glock 19 G4 for an mint condition M&P 9 with 3 Magazines, Apex Tactical DCAEK & RAM kit. Also came with Night Sights. I could not say no to this trade....

Here's a pic of the M&P 9.

With the Apex DCAEK/RAM kit, the M&P shoots nice and tight!!

Yes, the G19 came with the beavertail backstrap though I never tried it.

Posts: 69 | Location: Virginia  | Registered: January 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:
quote:

Today, I traded my Glock 19 G4 for an mint condition M&P 9 with 3 Magazines, Apex Tactical DCAEK & RAM kit. Also came with Night Sights. I could not say no to this trade....

Here's a pic of the M&P 9.

With the Apex DCAEK/RAM kit, the M&P shoots nice and tight!!

Yes, the G19 came with the beavertail backstrap though I never tried it.

Good trade. I would probably have to make that trade simply out of curiosity. The M&P is probably the only pistol I have never owned. I did buy a Shield when they came out. I ended up selling it to a friend. But the only way I would trade is if the S&W had the Apex parts in it. I have not pulled the trigger on an M&P since they came out. I must say it was a great improvement over the Sigma, but it still sucked. I have heard the newer ones are slightly better from the factory.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Glock 19, it was one of the worst jammomatic semi autos i have ever seen. Not to worry, the problems were largely due to 1) It was my first gun 20 years ago and i didnt know what i was doing and 2)It had a ported barrel....(see item #1).

Regardless, i have said for years that the Glock 26/27 and 36 were (to me) probably some of the best deep EDC guns made. But alas, all are still too big for me to carry daily (call me a Pansy i know)...

Full disclosure my previous two main daily carry guns over the years were 1)A Sig P239 and 2)A para ordinance C6 LDA .46.

My issue is (stop me if you have heard this oen before).....the trigger. I just can't get past my hatred of striker fired guns, yet i love every thing else about the glock.

If Glock made a line of hammer fired SA/DA autos with that tennifer finish and Glock tolerances and reliability and their hex/pologonal (what ever it is) rifeling etc etc....i would buy the compact size (and probably the sub compact size) in AT LEAST 9mm and .45

In spite of all of that, i just came very close to buying a Glock 36 as a new EDC recently, so parabellum...you could be right yet.....but (see below)

But alas......they will forever remain striker fired and the Sig P229/P228 with probably forever more be my main self defense gun while 1911 .45s will be my favorite range guns and J-frame type revolvers/micro-kahrs (or the new pocket sized P938) will remain my main carry guns.

Posts: 16 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: July 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Striker fired...shmiker fired...doesn't make any damn difference. A shooter with good fundamentals adapts to the trigger. I shoot Sig DA/SA, 1911, Glock and DA revolvers. I don't shoot Glock triggers like Sig triggers like 1911 triggers like revolver triggers.

Preference is a different issue. A good shooter can still PREFER one platform over the others. However, if the SHTF, I don't care if somebody tosses me a 50 year old police surplus S&W M10. End of rant...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Got the gen4 OD G17 today. Came with 3 mags and 4 of the new beavertail backstraps.
It looks like Glock finally figured out that OD green is not the same thing as baby poop green like on their original run of OD guns a few years ago. Here it is compared to my older OD Gen3 G26:

Gonna shoot it tomorrow. If it does well enough, it'll soon sport some Warren/Sevigny Competition sights and I'll give it a trigger job and will be my new gamer gun until I can find a gen4 OD 34.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Got the gen4 OD G17 today. Came with 3 mags and 4 of the new beavertail backstraps.
It looks like Glock finally figured out that OD green is not the same thing as baby poop green like on their original run of OD guns a few years ago. Here it is compared to my older OD Gen3 G26:

Gonna shoot it tomorrow. If it does well enough, it'll soon sport some Warren/Sevigny Competition sights and I'll give it a trigger job and will be my new gamer gun until I can find a gen4 OD 34.

Glock did do the OD right this time, that G17 looks amazing; good find.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
It looks like Glock finally figured out that OD green is not the same thing as baby poop green like on their original run of OD guns a few years ago.

Cool. Nice that it looks like there actually is a recognizable amount of green in that polymer mix this time around. Don't see myself getting one in any model, but if a Gen4 G23 in OD were to plop down in front of me I don't think I could resist finishing up the trifecta.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I picked up my first Glock this morning, a G20 SF. I've been wanting one for a really long time. It is replacing my 3" Ruger SP101 as my woods/fly fishing protection. I love the Ruger, but the G20 is just on another level completely. There are no question marks now. I feel confident that I have the power and capacity to take care of anything that might give me trouble. It feels good! Smile

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Oh, I can definitely dig it. The circle is now complete...

G17 Gen 4 (duty gun)
G19 Gen 2
G26 Gen 4 (latest acquisition)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Oh, I can definitely dig it. The circle is now complete...

G17 Gen 4 (duty gun)
G19 Gen 2
G26 Gen 4 (latest acquisition)
How do you like the beavertail backstrap on the Gen4?

Posts: 96 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Those are not the Glock factory beavertails. They are Grip Force Adapters. See http://www.gripforceproducts.com/ As shown in the photo, they have beavertail adapters for both the Gen 4 as well as the earlier Gen 1/2/3 Glocks.

I've been using them on my Glocks since before the Gen 4 beavertails came out, and I love them. I used to have problems with slide bite, until I discovered them. They also create an excellent index point for a faster and more consistent grip when drawing from a holster.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post