SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Got our 40 Glock 45 MOS-5 guns in.
We get to buy back our gen4 31s for $250.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Chowser - congrats on the G45.. was looking at one for off duty.. check this one out: FDE 45

I just picked up a barely used 19X with less than 300 rounds though it with Trijicon HDs from a co worker. Got a good price on it.. don't need the G45 I linked above but I'm a sucker for two tone/FDE Glocks.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I currently carry a regular colored 45 off duty so this new duty gun will be setup the same. I already ordered the kagwerks extended/lifted slide levers awhile ago. So far so good, everyone that has switched is happy with the corrected rmr setup that we've been forced with.

My other off duty is the 19x/19 hybrid I built last month. I like the two-tone look.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I currently carry a regular colored 45 off duty so this new duty gun will be setup the same. I already ordered the kagwerks extended/lifted slide levers awhile ago. So far so good, everyone that has switched is happy with the corrected rmr setup that we've been forced with.

My other off duty is the 19x/19 hybrid I built last month. I like the two-tone look.

Thanks for sharing that pic... good looking 19/19X. I am going to ping my LGS and see what he can do on that FDE G45.. I don't need it but I love FDE Glocks.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Saw my first G47 in the wild………and it’s definitely a G17. Smile

That said when did Glock start sub contracting their recoil springs out to HK. I handled several new Glocks and DAMN they had stout recoil spring assemblies. My guess is these new Glocks might need a wee few rounds of 124/147/+P before they run powder puff 115 grain stuff perfectly.

In all seriousness it really does seem that Glock has started putting in stouter RSA’s at least since I last looked back during the Gen 5 release days.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Had a G45, for some reason I couldn't hit a barn with it, my G34, G17, G48 not a problem, hits were all over the page. Dumped it for something else.

Now that they are out with MOS and Gen 5 maybe it's time to get one, or a G19....

Can you get Zev parts for the G45

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Saw my first G47 in the wild………and it’s definitely a G17. Smile

That said when did Glock start sub contracting their recoil springs out to HK. I handled several new Glocks and DAMN they had stout recoil spring assemblies. My guess is these new Glocks might need a wee few rounds of 124/147/+P before they run powder puff 115 grain stuff perfectly.

In all seriousness it really does seem that Glock has started putting in stouter RSA’s at least since I last looked back during the Gen 5 release days.
I just bought a 47 two days ago and finally got out to shoot it today. I didn't notice the RSA being that stiff. I could tell it was new though. I only got to fire 150 rounds, but it was all PMC bronze and UMC 115 grains. No problems at all. I even fired the last 19 with a gen 4 19 frame with the 47 slide. I can see where some people would like that set up, but it really didn't do anything special for me.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

My 2021 Gen5 26 would not cycle 115 grain Blazer Brass reliably until after 350-400 rnds. Until then I shot Lawman and premium HP w/ no problems. Checking online I found a couple videos of 1st range trips and they couldn't get through a mag w/o several failures w/ their 26.5.
Maybe a frame pin configuration has changed things, I'm not the person to speculate on such things.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
While I personally don't get along too well with the short gripped Glocks there's no denying the utility and modularity the 4" G26 would have. I don't use a WML on my carry pistols so I didn't realize the advantage there of having a bit more real estate for mounting.

That's where I'm at. And while I'm not a fan of these Glock X guns, I have to admit I carry a G26 w/ a sleeved 19 mag. It feels and shoots great. The difference being I can go back to shorter 12 or 10 rnd mags.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have the new ? GLOCK Performance Trigger
I see some places have them for sale. Interested to known if the trigger is made of the same Glock polymer like the original Glock or is a metal type.

Johnny Glock talks about the new trigger but doesn’t give any other details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhjuiDjrYrQ

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Glock has released info to some Glock armorers and others, but it's marked as confidential until the official reveal at SHOT next week.

So be patient for about another 3 days, and all shall be revealed.

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe one of our members here has already received one and has posted about it on that forum associated with Glocks. Looks like it will run anywhere between 75.00 and 100.00 depending on if you get Blue Label pricing. It will only work on Gen5 pistols. If I read correctly it will fully cock the striker as opposed to partially cocked.

Posts: 744 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Just paid for a Glock 20 Gen5. It will be my first full size pistol that is optic ready. Anyone know who makes the best ACRO MOS plate? Looks like Aimpoint, CHPWS, Overwatch Precision, Forward Controls, and Tango Down are contenders. Also are MOS plates on the large frame pistols the same as 9mm pistols?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Looks like the TD and FCD plates are steel, others are aluminum, and nobody likes the factory (cast?) plates. Appears that aftermarket plates for 9mm will fit the 10/45, but isn’t as nicely contoured. I think a steel plate with stainless steel bolts is what I want. Then an ACRO P2 when I can find one. Reports of the gen 5 fitting in gen 4 holsters are inconsistent. I have a gen 4 safariland that will get experimented on.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was excited to see the gen5 21 mos being sold, I don't need it...yet.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Glock has released info to some Glock armorers and others, but it's marked as confidential until the official reveal at SHOT next week.

So be patient for about another 3 days, and all shall be revealed.

https://www.brownells.com/hand...gger-prod147330.aspx

Here's a link to Brownells, out of stock though.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, that looks very interesting. I've got a gen5 G19 that I can't get the trigger decent.

I imagine these triggers will be a bit hard to get for quite some time.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received an email today from Glockville, GA announcing G20, G21 MOS models that are Gen 5. A performance trigger was in the message too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, that looks very interesting. I've got a gen5 G19 that I can't get the trigger decent.

I imagine these triggers will be a bit hard to get for quite some time.

Web site says they are in stock at this time.

https://store.teamglock.com/ne...ormance-trigger.html

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm going to wait a few months for the initial feeding frenzy to die down, and then I'm planning to grab a Performance Trigger to put in my range-only G45 to try out.

Sounds like it's a potentially good option for a competition pistol, especially considering that it's a factory part and therefore GSSF legal (if you shoot those matches).

Besides just a lighter trigger pull, this new performance trigger fully cocks your Glock's striker when the slide cycles, unlike the standard Glocks trigger with its partially cocked striker where the trigger pull finishes cocking and then releases the striker. This results in a trigger with a shorter, lighter pull with less takeup and a crisper break.

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post