SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you're carrying chamber empty, find a carry gun where your comfortable carrying with a round in the chamber. Chamber empty on a carry gun is a BAD idea.

But that's an entirely different thread (or several)

quote:
Originally posted by RowdyatHeart:
Again, I want to make sure everyone knows I understand by Glock is what they are in the market. They are well made and easy to take care of. I will probably own another one again but I always carry them chamber dry.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RowdyatHeart
posted Hide Post
Good advice. I am not saying the Glock is unsafe. I am saying I am not 100% confident with it. My lifestyle and career mandates constant holstering, un-holstering and movement in a variety of venues. This is a me thing and not a Glock thing.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.
Vince Lombardi

Posts: 634 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, I want to make sure everyone knows I understand by Glock is what they are in the market. They are well made and easy to take care of. I will probably own another one again but I always carry them chamber dry.

If that's the case I'd stick with your DA/SA SIG's. Don't get caught with your pants down. IMHO.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
It certainly is possible for a Glock to fire accidentally IF THE FINGER IS ON THE TRIGGER. If that's a concern and someone fears training won't help, buy s Sig and feel safe. But it is a truism that Glocks won't fire unless someone (OK, or something) pulls the trigger.

But the likelihood of something else (a holster?) snagging the trigger and pulling it is so remote that it isn't a consideration. But if someone is fainthearted and can't get that possibility out of their mind, sure, go ahead and buy a Sig -- the company will love you for it.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about the trigger blocker thats out there at www.glockstore.com.
If you feel uncomfortable with a loaded round this part fits behind the trigger and frame.
So when you need it you just push the part out with your trigger finger and ready to go.
Just my 2¢.

Posts: 339 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good advice. I am not saying the Glock is unsafe. I am saying I am not 100% confident with it. My lifestyle and career mandates constant holstering, un-holstering and movement in a variety of venues. This is a me thing and not a Glock thing.

What do you carry with one in the pipe then?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RowdyatHeart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:

What do you carry with one in the pipe then?

1911, Sig SP2022 .40, XD-40

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.
Vince Lombardi

Posts: 634 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If you're carrying chamber empty, find a carry gun where your comfortable carrying with a round in the chamber. Chamber empty on a carry gun is a BAD idea.

But that's an entirely different thread (or several)

quote:

I agree, with both of you. Thats why I dont carry the otherwise perfect 19.

Posts: 3317 | Location: SC Lowcountry | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RowdyatHeart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Ok help me here! I like my Glocks and I like my Sigs but really how is the Sig Da/Sa that much safer?? I understand the Da Sig pull wt is 3-4lbs heavier then the Glock but I'm kinda lost on this one.
I'm thinking someone needs to sit down and address the lack of gun function and understanding. Get some training and that training will build confidence in your ability to safely carry with a round in the chamber for whatever brand you choose.
Don't get me wrong I can still remember the days when I kept a 1911 under the truck seat without a rd in the chamber. I also one time sold a G26 for the same reasons as I let my lack of training and understanding of Glocks mess with my thinking that they somehow were unsafe.

I have been trained. It is partly due to nurture stemming back to childhood experiences with the PPK and 1911. It took me forever to get used to the idea of a loaded handgun with no manual safety. In time I may warm up to the Glock system.

Vince Lombardi

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you could always carry it in a proper holster with a covered trigger guard.

How's that for thinking outside the box? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RowdyatHeart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, you could always carry it in a proper holster with a covered trigger guard.

How's that for thinking outside the box? Roll Eyes

Big Grin Good point para good point. The more I caress and fondle the P250C, the more I know it is only a matter of time before one shows up in the safe----heck maybe even in 9mm.

Vince Lombardi

Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brown_coats:
What about the trigger blocker thats out there at www.glockstore.com.
If you feel uncomfortable with a loaded round this part fits behind the trigger and frame.
So when you need it you just push the part out with your trigger finger and ready to go.
Just my 2¢.

That is a company response to a perceived problem on the part of a handful of people who don't understand the Glock trigger dynamics. Carried to the extreme, you could say, "Well, let's use a trigger lock too and carry the key in our pocket." Then you would be VERY safe and maybe very dead.

Excessive steps between the decision to shoot and doing what you have to do to aim and make the gun go off takes up valuable seconds or fractions thereof. That is why the Glock is made the way it is. Don't try to defeat the purpose with extraneous locks or safety devices -- they aren't needed.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Funny, I'm always thinking about the box.

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Yup...

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well the Glock 27 that the wife bought me several months ago is finally getting its first range session in the mourning.
Gee I wonder if it'll respond like all my other Glock and run 100% out of the box or will it require a 500rd break-in period before it starts to function properly.

Love that holster? What is it? Must have one for my G26. Smile

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Thanks! The holster is a DeSantis Cozy Partner.
I have the same for my S&W J-Frame and it works really well so I decided to get one for the G27 and it also will work on my G26 as well.
The price was around $55.99/shipped at Optics Planet.

Thanks Mustang

I've got a bin full of holsters as it is but I want one. You guys have got to stop posting these pics! Smile

lol! I agree. That holster is hot!

posted Hide Post
I don't mind people saying that Glocks aren't for them, but to not like them as a handgun is insane. The mechanics, design, and material of the Glock is awesome.

I'd rather people say "I prefer Sigs/Berettas/S&W, but the Glock is an awesome handgun."

Picture of RowdyatHeart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolman:
I don't mind people saying that Glocks aren't for them, but to not like them as a handgun is insane. The mechanics, design, and material of the Glock is awesome.

I'd rather people say "I prefer Sigs/Berettas/S&W, but the Glock is an awesome handgun."
]

I think you can appreciate the design but still not like them. That's what makes the world go 'round. Some like Sprite. Some like Coca-Cola and some like Orange Crush.

As I get older, the 1911 design is cumbersome in weight and take down. I don't care for the whole concept but I appreciate the design.

Vince Lombardi

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolman:

]

I think you can appreciate the design but still not like them. That's what makes the world go 'round. Some like Sprite. Some like Coca-Cola and some like Orange Crush.

As I get older, the 1911 design is cumbersome in weight and take down. I don't care for the whole concept but I appreciate the design.

Well said. Smile

Picture of RowdyatHeart
posted Hide Post
I had a facetious signature line but took it off. In the nutshell, I understand why many love the Glock. It is probably the most prolific and instrumental design since the 1911 and every bit as durable if not more so.

I am even getting to where I entertain the idea of the 9mm as a defensive round. 'Must be middle aged crazy. Wink

Seriously I think anything from a 9mm to a .40 to a .357 mag/sig to a .45 works at close ranges with the right load.

What is my purpose for a handgun? To fight my way to the long gun.

Vince Lombardi