SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Spotted a barely used gen 4 G17 today for $419 with three mags.

I'm going to try to get it for $420 out the door.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Gen4 Glock 23. I plan to add some Ameriglo night sights and make it my EDC. It should be in good company with my Gen3 G17, G19, and my Gen4 G26.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Gen 4 Glocks, anyone have issues with the 17 and erratic ejection or other issue?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
My Ameriglo Caps on the G30S..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Lowlife.... How are you liking the 30s..
I've had both the 36 and a 30sf. I liked them both for different reasons. The 36 is thin. but limited in capacity. The 30sf chunky in the slide but it's a soft shooter in comparison to the 36 and very accurate. I was hoping the combo would negate the negitives of each.

How does it Conceal and how is the Recoil vs 36 ?
How does it conceal and how is the Recoil vs 30sf ?

There is one available to me locally I've thought about picking it up for CCW to have something in 45acp. Which would replace my 239 next Feb 2014. Leaving my two main guns GLOCK. Of course... Wink

I have those same sites... for my sons G19 FDE.
I just put on XS Big Dots on my Gen2 17.. They work perfect for my older eyes.. for ccw..

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Lowlife.... How are you liking the 30s..
I've had both the 36 and a 30sf. I liked them both for different reasons. The 36 is thin. but limited in capacity. The 30sf chunky in the slide but it's a soft shooter in comparison to the 36 and very accurate. I was hoping the combo would negate the negitives of each.

How does it Conceal and how is the Recoil vs 36 ?
How does it conceal and how is the Recoil vs 30sf ?

There is one available to me locally I've thought about picking it up for CCW to have something in 45acp. Which would replace my 239 next Feb 2014. Leaving my two main guns GLOCK. Of course... Wink

I have those same sites... for my sons G19 FDE.
I just put on XS Big Dots on my Gen2 17.. They work perfect for my older eyes.. for ccw..

I would probably love the Big Dots, as most of my range time consists of shooting from 3 to 25 yards.
I'd say the 3 to 21 yard range for the most part.
But I've never bought them.
I like the Caps sights, but I've still got Big Dots in the back of my mind, being this is purely a defensive pistol.

I know I've posted all this already, so long story short;
Last year (or so) caved in and bought a Glock 17 and 19 after reading this thread for a few years..
I recently (several months ago) bought a Gen 2 G21 (after only owning 9mm pistols and the 380 LCP for the several years) and fell in love the 45acp round.
I had tried 45acp in 1911s and found the grip too thin, even though I bought (and sold) a few 9mm 1911s.. Roll Eyes

So I researched a carry 45acp Glock and found the G36 and G30SF.
I also found how many were buying both to make their own G30SF/G36 hybrid carry pistols.
I bought a G30SF early this year.
I bought that G30SF on a Saturday, that Monday Glock announced the G30S at the shot show. Mad

I did shoot that G30SF at the range and I liked it, but the bulky thick heavy slide was too big for comfortable OWB carry IMHO.
SO I sold it, and bought a G30S off GB that I paid way too much for, but being the pistol was just released I had to pay a premium for it.
So I got the G30S and thought, why don't I try to find a G36 frame on GB since someone (that did the hybrid thing) was probably trying to get rid of.
That way I'd have both the G30S (10+1) frame and the thinner G36 (6+1) frame, keeping my options open for different situations..
So I bought a G36 frame off GB.
Shot them side by side, and resold that G36 frame.

The G36 was a bit more of a handful as far as recoil goes, and for some reason, the G36 mag pinched my finger when shooting.
Much like the G30S 9 rd mag, it also pinched my finger when shooting.
But the G30S 10 rd mag (with or without the Pearce baseplate) doesn't pinch my finger at all..

My biggest issue was that the G30SF frame of the G30S felt better in my hand than the thinner G36 frame.
Kind of the same issue I had when I wanted to fall in love with the 1911 for carry, but found the grip too thin.
Besides that I found I didn't feel comfortable with an SA trigger for an SD pistol.
I feel I'll need a little slack in my trigger in a stressful situation, if confronted with one.
A man's got to know his limitations...

I've posted these before but I'll do it again.
I never did buy a holster for the G36.
But I don't feel the G36 would be any easier to conceal than the G30S (G30SF frame).
That thinner slide of the G30S makes a lot of difference IMHO..

The G36 frame VS the G30SF frame.

I have no regrets on buying this G30S...
And it is very close to the same size as a G19.

With a quite of bit of difference on the business end of the pistol... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
Speaking of Gen 4 Glocks, anyone have issues with the 17 and erratic ejection or other issue?

My agency switched to Gen 4 G17s almost two years ago, and we haven't had a single issue with ejection yet.

It seems like most of the reported issues were with early Gen 4 G19s. We had a few (mostly female) officers who were given the option of switching to the Gen 4 G19 last year, and we haven't had any ejection problems with our 1 year old Gen 4 G19s.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
1Lowlife...
Wow that was a great response.. The pics were awesome... I'll go down and see about getting that 30s.. I appreciate you time and effort and information! thank you!

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:

My agency switched to Gen 4 G17s almost two years ago, and we haven't had a single issue with ejection yet.

It seems like most of the reported issues were with early Gen 4 G19s. We had a few (mostly female) officers who were given the option of switching to the Gen 4 G19 last year, and we haven't had any ejection problems with our 1 year old Gen 4 G19s.

I really don't want to let this one locally slip away. It's barely used, the barrel isn't even worn at all. I hope I can work a deal on it tomorrow.

RB

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Anyone know of a dealer that has 10 rd G30 mags in stock?
The only place I can find them is eBay..

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Have you tried the Glock Store?

http://www.glockstore.com/gloc...ck-factory-magazines

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my Sigs(except for my 224 right now) but i think i'm gonna get a 27. I had a gaggle of Glocks at one time and never had an issue. The 224 has me so bent out of shape.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Have you tried the Glock Store?

http://www.glockstore.com/gloc...ck-factory-magazines

Actually that is the only place I did find them.
I just can't tell if they have them in stock or not on the website.

I'll give them a call tomorrow..

Thanks...

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Yeah I couldn't tell for sure. It let me add to cart and proceed to checkout but didn't now if I placed order if they actually had in stock or to fill for back order.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Yeah I couldn't tell for sure. It let me add to cart and proceed to checkout but didn't now if I placed order if they actually had in stock or to fill for back order.

Yeah, I did that the first week of the panic when they were the only place with 33rd mags "in stock" on their site. Bought an extended mag release to go with so I wasn't just being shipped a mag. Spent $14 S&H to get that extended release and a catalog and no mag. Packing slip said it was backordered and after two months, I heard nothing further from them. Called and the guy I talked to said "Oh yeah, they're back in stock. Would you like to complete your order?" I cancelled the mag order and explained that $14 shipping and a heavily padded envelope for a piece of plastic that weighs less than an ounce was assrape. He told me if I changed my mind, they'd be happy to complete the order, and oh yeah, the shipping charge for the mag release could not be credited towards the shipping for the mag. Roll Eyes

Might wanna get a human on the phone for this one. I was not impressed with my experience. Surely won't do business with them again.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GT4point6
posted Hide Post
What you on find on the Glockstore web site is NOT tied to their inventory. I called to verify before I ordered something and that is what I was told.

Call to be sure or you could end up waiting a very long time...

Kevin, USN (Ret)

Posts: 412 | Location: Ramona, Ca | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonovanM:
I shot a Glock today and I liked it.

You and Katie Perry...

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a glock 23 gen 3 with 4 mags for 375.00 shipped. Sending it to gt a grip reduction done to it. Ill post pics hen done

Posts: 401 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackd82:
I picked up a glock 23 gen 3 with 4 mags for 375.00 shipped. Sending it to gt a grip reduction done to it. Ill post pics hen done

You got a bargain..

How much is the grip work gonna run..?

posted Hide Post
Around 150.00 give or take

Posts: 401 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post