SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
On the G19 RTF2, most, if not all, don't have "fish gills".... The G17 and G23 have that feature.

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Help needed with the G19 RTF2. Do they all have the Fish Gills on the slide?

No not all. Mainly the earlier ones did, most of the later ones did not. I believe they got the hint when a quiet a few people voiced their dissatisfaction with the "fish gills." So they then offered the option of either but I wouldn't doubt if they cut them out all together.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drabfour,

Posts: 4989 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Still haven't bought one just yet. Want to shoot one first, but definitely like the idea of them, light high cap (for when I move or make LEO) and dependable. Sound indestructable(sp?) too.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2448 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:

This is mine without the gills.

Posts: 2019 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Posting in Court
Picture of UnTainted
posted Hide Post
vgex

that is hot!

"But when more states are strongly armed, as Rome was and the Swiss are, the more difficult it is to overcome them the nearer they are to their homes: for such bodies can bring more forces together to resist attack than they can to attack others. . . .

In attacking a foreign country, [the Romans] never sent out armies of more than fifty thousand men; but for home defense they put under arms against the Gauls after the first Punic war eighteen hundred thousand."

-- Niccolò Machiavelli, The Art of War

Posts: 3467 | Location:  | Registered: January 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My Glock 19 RTF2 is inbound on Santa's Sleigh. I plan on carrying it as an EDC.

I'm full in for plastic guns now. Only took two years. Good thing with the P290 on the horizon.

Metal framed guns are like steam trains. Lovely, beautiful, magnificent, even inspirational. But they aren't the future, so get used to it.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Vgex thanks for posting up the picture. That is nice. How does the RTF2 work for you? I have and like the std frames but am really considering the RTF2. I did have a chance to hold one and it did feel good and grippy. Not that the std frames aren't but it just was nice. How is the texture after shooting it a bit?

Thanks. I do not conceal carry, but could easily understand someones reticence, due to the fine grit of the RTF2. I would probably avoid anything with a combat cut/sans padding between you and the frame(unless you always have a thin undershirt between you and the frame).

Even though my hands are on the softer side(not enough hard labor) The only place it ever feels uncomfortable during shooting is the web between my thumb and index finger.

Unlike standard Gen 3 frames, the polymids in the finger grooves are the same height(on Gen 3 frames the out bits extend further than the inner bits. I believe this increased the blockiness of the frame very slightly, but perceptibly by me. That is one of the reasons I prefer RTF2.

While the polymids are very sharp at first, after a few hundred shots or less, the tips flatten a bit, giving you the gripy'ness without the sharpness. Once this happens, it will be difficult to go back to standard Gen 3s as you will love the RTF2s that much more.

I did not care for the larger Gen 4 polymids, but would love it if my RTF2 had the smaller grip circumference.

Unfortunately, RTF2s will soon be available to LEOs only(I have heard non LEO gun shops can no longer order them). I am sure through GSSF or some such method you will still be able to obtain them, but they will be more difficult to find.

Posts: 2019 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:

No not all. Mainly the earlier ones did, most of the later ones did not. I believe they got the hint when a quiet a few people voiced their dissatisfaction with the "fish gills." So they then offered the option of either but I wouldn't doubt if they cut them out all together.

Got to tell you...I like the fish gills.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Well if the P290 turns out to be a flop I may have to knuckle under and get a G33. It doesn't feel very good in my hand but I'd just have to spent some time getting to know the girl! Wink

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just don't get a 36

Posts: 130 | Location: The Great Republic of Texas | Registered: August 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Just don't get a 36

Interesting comment on the G36.

After having bad luck with some other brand down sized 1911s, I bought a SAS Sig Custom shop, Commander sized 1911. First time I shot it the beautiful wood grip on the right side split screw to screw. Sig sent me a replacement set of grips that were horible (mismatched wood and almost black). Bought a set of rubber Hogue grips for my $1,000 gun and though, "Oh Well"...

Next time I shot it the plug came out of the right side of the slide (the older system that used this plug to hold in the firing pin safety mechanism/they no longer use this plug).

The gun went back to Sig for a fix and a plea for a tool to keep this plug tight. They said the tool was not available to the public.

Traded this off for a new G-36 then read all the horror stories about the early G-36 guns. Called Glock and talked to a guy who loved Sigs, 1911s and of course Glocks. Asked about my serial number and the he told me my gun was made about a week ago (last fall)and I should just enjoy it.

I have had 0 problems with this G36 and it has become my EDC gun.

I love my Sigs (Original W. German 228 from 1989, 239 in .357, another 239 in 9mm. and a beautiful 232 two tone with Hogue wood grips.

I would respectfully submit to think twice about turning down a G36 and think a lot before buying a Sig 1911. They make great pistols but no so great (at least for me) 1911 style guns (including my 238 which is another lengthy story)

Trooper Joe

Posts: 429 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He he. My thread won't die.

Just like the Glunk

Posts: 107725 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
You mean it isn't time to g-Lock this thread?

Big Grin

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seattle Edge
posted Hide Post
Bought two over the years. Sold both. No one can deny that GLOCKs are tough, but they just don't get the job done for me.

Posts: 1150 | Location: Seattle | Registered: November 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to my guy tonight to fill out some transfer paperwork and played with a gen3 34. On the way home I called him up and had him put it away for me. That thing was just sweet and hard to put down. I prefer the gen3's to the gen4's. I need a gen3 19 to go with my older one.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seattle Edge:
Bought two over the years. Sold both. No one can deny that GLOCKs are tough, but they just don't get the job done for me.

I'm feeling like this right now!

Posts: 197 | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I don't think it makes anyone more of a pro it's just a preference thing. I prefer DA/SA w/decocker, w/no manual safety. That is a preference. And you know what? I pull the trigger and a bullet comes out. If I don't pull the trigger a bullet doesn't come out. What's the difference other than preference? First shot comes out DA, then SA from therein.
These debates just aren't sensible.

I owned a 23, didn't care for it, don't like Glock triggers and I'm not going to do 4 trigger mods to get it to what I want when the P series Sigs do it right, right out of the box. I felt and still feel that the Sig P series pistols handled the .40 round better. I'm dead balls accurate with my 229/239's, don't even have to think about it, extension of my hand. The Glock was more work for me to shoot accurately, same for the H&K P2000 v3 .40 I bought earlier this year. I also don't care for striker weapons and prefer DA/SA.

For me there isn't much I like about Glocks other than they are cheaper to buy than my preference. As I stated I tried H&K's Da/Sa system this year in one of their newer handguns and didn't like it nearly as well as the Sigs. And for me, Tupperware just doesn't give a balanced feel like metal does. The only advantage in Glocks, in my opinion, and for my use, is purchase price.

Yeah. I understand where you're coming from. Everyone's got their reasons for their choice. Its the fact he assumes a whole lot about othes. That simple is not a virtue for a self defense pistol? Confused

If I may.......Glocks not just work when you press the trigger. Lots of other pistols do that. They are not the only ones at an attractive price point. Lots of others are affordable too. Glocks have endured and continue to be at the "cutting edge" because they work when pushed hard (esp. in 9mm) after a lot of rounds and some neglect. Glocks really come into their own when making good fast hits whether competition or defense pistol classes by virtue of its short reset trigger and yes, the overall design of the pistol. Glocks aren't best appreciated during slow fire target shooting. (Sort of like a Porsche 911 around a parking lot.) They are easy to maintain. Easy and cheap to fix. Come in a variety of calibers and attractive sizes. And what a lot of Glock converts come to appreciate is that the incredible simple interface of the Glock design is a great virtue in times of stress.

Not a Glock lover, though I own a few including a new Gen 4 19, but your points are as well made as any I've ever read regarding the Glock and it's areas of strength.

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jagman:
Not a Glock lover, though I own a few including a new Gen 4 19...
See? It's just like the oranges in the Godfather films. These kinds of comments keep showing up.

"I don't care for 'em but I own 12". Big Grin

Posts: 107725 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I'm keeping my Glock collection at zero. Thanks

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dirknar
posted Hide Post
Glocks are sweet! Just picked up this G22 P-trade in for 349.99. Im one of the crazy ones that glock seemed to design the grip angle for.. I can point shoot this thing great.. G21sf next..

P226 w.German

Posts: 720 | Location: Spokane WA. | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post