SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 563
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Dirknar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
I'm keeping my Glock collection at zero. Thanks

sorry the signess has infected you to this degree.. JK..

P226 w.German

Posts: 720 | Location: Spokane WA. | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't beat Stupid
Picture of murray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dirknar:
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
I'm keeping my Glock collection at zero. Thanks

sorry the signess has infected you to this degree.. JK..

We all make mistakes its what you do with them going forward that counts

Murray
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 5947 | Location: Just outside Rochester NY  | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I finally bought a 35 & a 27. I am a dedicated 1911 shooter, but an incident occurred during my divorce that made me change my carry gun. I was carrying a 10mm CBOB and during what was supposed to be visitation I was attacked from behind by the (at the time) wife’s boyfriend who she had told I carry. At home a few days later the local FTO for the NC highway patrol approached to talk to me about the incident that happened in VA. He happened to mention that if I had used my weapon I would lose it until I was cleared and may have problems getting it back. That maybe I should consider a cheaper weapon for carry if I could shoot it well. So I did. I still prefer 1911’s but for now at least my ccw is a glock. I still don’t like the trigger or how it feels, but the accuracy is ok, just not quite as good as my 1911’s.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard of issues with the G32C?

I shot one the other day and it points that much better for me (like an arrow really) and I appreciate the rugged nature of it.

Any idea when the Gen4 will be out in that model?

I feel that it will be the last pistol I will buy for a while, so I want it to be a good one.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
I have owned and carried Glocks.(36,19,17) I may own another someday. But, none of them ever felt like or shot like my Sig or my 1911. So chances are the chances are, NOT SO GOOD!

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I bought one the EXO fail zero G17s recently. I took the slide off and put it on my OD G17....it's damn sweet

If they put out a fail zero g26 I will buy one of those as well

As it is, I see a Gen 4 G26 in my future

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I may.......Glocks not just work when you press the trigger. Lots of other pistols do that. They are not the only ones at an attractive price point. Lots of others are affordable too.

for all the other pistols that have that attractive price point and are as affordable compared to glock, you certainly don't hear folks waving the flag about them being the goto firearm they'd rely on in any sd/hd like the glock following.

Posts: 956 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: April 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite dead yet?
Picture of TxMark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buddy357:
I finally bought a 35 & a 27. I am a dedicated 1911 shooter, but an incident occurred during my divorce that made me change my carry gun. I was carrying a 10mm CBOB and during what was supposed to be visitation I was attacked from behind by the (at the time) wife’s boyfriend who she had told I carry. At home a few days later the local FTO for the NC highway patrol approached to talk to me about the incident that happened in VA. He happened to mention that if I had used my weapon I would lose it until I was cleared and may have problems getting it back. That maybe I should consider a cheaper weapon for carry if I could shoot it well. So I did. I still prefer 1911’s but for now at least my ccw is a glock. I still don’t like the trigger or how it feels, but the accuracy is ok, just not quite as good as my 1911’s.

Good point that my friends and i have discussed...carrying something we can afford to lose..at least for a bit.

Mark

half this nation is permanently sucking on the big free tit or just plain out of their liberal twisted minds.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Never, I tell ya.... Never!

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I think I've decided on a G-29SF. Just a matter of finding it at the right time. The 45s and 10s seem to be the most expensive. Maybe I'll end up with a 17 or something...

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ram229
posted Hide Post
I carried a G21 when I first got got out of the academy with my 1st department. Back then I swore I would never, ever buy a glock as my personal firearm.

Now I am the proud owner of a G19 and a G26. Both of them are great and my CCW of choice.

So I won't hide it... Hello my name is Mike. And I am a Glock fan. Wink

Don't get me wrong. I love my Sigs, both of them. But my next purchase will be a G30.

Posts: 1188 | Location: CT | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vsp39o2
posted Hide Post
I only have 1 (one) at this moment, the same G36 I have mentioned in the past. I get the comments that keep pointing to the Glock as a dependable workhorse of a carry gun.

All the points made by previous posters are relevant: it's a light and dependable piece, with a quick reset and consistant trigger, has a tough finish, and not too expensive to replace if it is siezed as evidence in the event of the worst.

Mine sits in a run-of-the-mill G&G black leather pancake...and rides just right on my belt.

I keep flirting with a G19. Maybe after my next "must have" (K-frame snub 357) comes to fruition.

Posts: 1814 | Location: greater metro Tar Bay | Registered: March 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for my first Glock, a G4 G20. I hope they come out before I die.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8745 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Just added a unfired G23 to the mix up

G21sfrtf2, g30, g27x2, g22c, g23

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PistolPackingParson
posted Hide Post
Just bought a PA State PD Glock 37 to go along with my 38. Awesome shooter.

Si non vis bellum para pacem--Karl Barth

Posts: 2277 | Location: There must have been a river here! | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flint Ridger
posted Hide Post
Huh? Glock - odd, know folks that have them. They are stacked up at all the gun shops.

Never shot one.

Never even touched one.

Have zero inclination to actually buy one.

Oh, I understand the attraction, price and reliablity but... ugly. Guess I have many more decades to be sucked into the vortex of doom. Big Grin

Posts: 975 | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmond
posted Hide Post
I did buy a Glock 17 RTF2, fish gills and all. I love it and plan on buying more.

Posts: 971 | Location: Ashland, Ky. | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I've gone all Glock for "work" guns.

Glock 22 on duty (cause i have no choice in that one) and Glock 27 for backup/off duty.

I did so so that if for some reason my 22 is disabled, i can use my spare mags that i already have in the secondary gun, and i have the same manual of arms. Mostly, if i ever do get in a gunfight, i certainly won't have time to stop and think "now which gun am i carrying and now stop and remember your training on how to shoot this particular pistol properly."

I still don't shoot any of my Glocks as well as I shoot my Sigs. However i can score fast hits with them and they give me the above advantages.

At this point in my life/career, Glocks make the most sense for me and thus far have served me well.

While my groups are much tighter with my 228, I can still shoot a damn respectable qualification score with both the Glock 22 and Glock 27. I've had a couple perfect rounds with them in fact.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to read this whole thread.

I have a number of Sigs (2-239s/9mm and .357-40; a neat two tone 232 with Hogue wood grips; and an original 1989 era 228/made in W. Germany) and have had others all very nice.

Traded a troublesome rifle back in at a local gun shop last year for my first Glock, a G-19. Just wanted to try one out and see what all the fuss is about.

This gun was flawless right out of the box. Accurate, nice trigger pull and WORKED.

Recently I qualified for my nation wide retired LEO carry permit and used the G-19. I did not want to worry about decocking and did not have a holster as was required for the test.

Shot very well and qualified the first time through (retired over 20 years ago and did not want any "range" pressure),.

Really liked the way the G-19 handled and it is a great companion for my G-36 (posted earlier about this .45). I trust both these Glocks just as much as I trust my beloved Sigs.

I am certainly am not giving up on Sigs and this may actually be the only Glocks that I will own. My next carry gun that I want to try out will be a P290 when they become available.

Just some thoughts,

Trooper Joe

Posts: 441 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post