SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
Para,

You truly are a seer! Five years and 6 months since you started this thread I finally ordered my first Glock!

The dealer claims a two week turn-around, but I'm not holding my breath! I hear the wait for a G-30S can be a long one!!

Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greekfed,

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greekfed:
Para,
You truly are a seer! Five years and 6 months since you started this thread I finally ordered my first Glock!

The dealer claims a two week turn-around, but I'm not holding my breath! I hear the wait for a G-30S can be a long one!!

Wink

Or:
http://www.topgunsupply.com/glock-30-.45acp/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok I'm going to ask a question since there are a lot of Glock folks here. I just finish reading my second book on Glock. In the second book the author didn't come out and actually say it but kind of made it sound as if the Gen 4 was not made as well as the gen 2 or 3. Is this true? Also said that the .40s still had the problem with bulge brass and that the brass wouldn't last as long reloading and could cause problems if the reloaded brass was used in other guns.

The reason I ask if this is true is because the 23 and 27 is what interest me the most. Well aside from a 29, but I don't think I'll get on of those yet. I haven't started reloading for my .40 229 yet but have considered it. I just don't want to get a 23 or 27 and then have the brass mess up my 229. The only thing I reload for right now is my .357 revolvers.

If me posting this in this thread is out of line let me know and I'll start a new thread with the question.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nipper but this is a Blue Label gun and my nearest BL dealer is only 4 miles from my home.

And I have used TGS in the past with great results!

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10-4...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, saw and held my first G17L in the wild and it may postpone my G26 purchase.

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tower Rat:
Yep, saw and held my first G17L in the wild and it may postpone my G26 purchase.

Was that at GA Firing Line?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to my crack dealer/lgs for a paracord bracelet and well, my initial plans went totally off the reservation...

"One does not simply walk into this topic"
- CheeseItBaggins- Gamefaqs 2/22/2010
Sig MK 25
Springfield MC Operator
Glock 19
Glock 17
S&W M13 3"
S&W M28-2 Highway Patrol

Posts: 360 | Location: Tacoma, Washington State | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

Yep. Does this mean I'm pursuing the more available G26 in the near future?

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You don't have to worry about me buying it, I'm broke. Wink

I fondled the (probably) same one and came real close to buying it but I went with a .44 Mag instead. I left it for you Smile

If you buy it I will let you shoot my Ruger Redhawk if you let me shoot the 17L.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I fondled the (probably) same one and came real close to buying it but I went with a .44 Mag instead. I left it for you Smile

If you buy it I will let you shoot my Ruger Redhawk if you let me shoot the 17L.

Damit, I've been looking for a Redhawk to hunt with while my 1980 model 29 is down and being sent to S&W for a factory rebuild. The G17L is sweet. What would I do with it, range toy? I really need a G26. The FDE models they have are pretty cool. Do you shoot IDPA there?

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Damit, I've been looking for a Redhawk to hunt with while my 1980 model 29 is down and being sent to S&W for a factory rebuild. The G17L is sweet. What would I do with it, range toy? I really need a G26. The FDE models they have are pretty cool. Do you shoot IDPA there?

I started shooting it this summer, but I am a coach on my sons football team and we have practice on Thursdays so I won't be back until sometime in November. My email address is in my profile if you ever want to hook up on weekend though. I got the 5.5 inch Redhawk and am seriously addicted to it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I started shooting it this summer, but I am a coach on my sons football team and we have practice on Thursdays so I won't be back until sometime in November. My email address is in my profile if you ever want to hook up on weekend though. I got the 5.5 inch Redhawk and am seriously addicted to it.

I'll email you. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.... "You (and I,) will buy Glorp. Welcome to the dark side.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
I have now won three Glocks out of four GSSF competitions entered.

It's something I'm good at, independent of my will. Like being a chick magnet.

Damn my eyes! God help me, but I like it!

-The World's Most Interesting Shooter

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Now I have Glock(s)

G30S, hot off the press

G26, acquired last year

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Gen 4 Glocks are now OK to buy in MA! Hells yeah!

Being able to buy new glocks is a heck of a thing in the state. For years it's been gen 1s and police trade ins, typically in .40.

I will have a gen 4 G17 soon.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Gen 4 Glocks are now OK to buy in MA! Hells yeah!

well, that's beyond cool! why the change? sorry if I missed a thread on it or something.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
The G17 from gssf match is coming along nicely. Zev trigger, magwell and pretty radical frame surgery, also done by Zev. 12 lbs recoil spring, and ss rod.

I already have more money in go fast parts in it then a new gun, but hey at least the gun is freee!

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post