SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Chem Geek
posted Hide Post
I think that'll be my next purchase, a Gen4 G19 in FDE, love the way they look. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.

Posts: 2451 | Location: Riverview, FL | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of those I dot pros. Fantastic sights. I still have a few pair on order.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I'm a big fan of those I dot pros. Fantastic sights. I still have a few pair on order.
Its my first time using them. I like Heinie Stright 8s and have them on two HKs, as well as some Trijicon HDs on another HK and my P320.

In searching for sights for the G19 I came across the Ameriglo Pro IDots and for the features and price point, I figured it was worth a try - I think they'll pan out after I get some more time with them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Its my first time using them. I like Heinie Stright 8s and have them on two HKs, as well as some Trijicon HDs on another HK and my P320.

In searching for sights for the G19 I came across the Ameriglo Pro IDots and for the features and price point, I figured it was worth a try - I think they'll pan out after I get some more time with them.

If you like the 3-dot setup, give a look at the Ameriglo Spartans.

Posts: 1731 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Bought another 19 yesterday! It has the Ameriglo front night sight,going to shoot it today. Love my 19's.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

The Pro I-Dot is my preferred night sight. Straight-8 config, Trijicon tubes, HD-like front sight, wallet-friendly price point...hard to hate on 'em.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The Pro I-Dot is my preferred night sight. Straight-8 config, Trijicon tubes, HD-like front sight, wallet-friendly price point...hard to hate on 'em.
Yeah, pity they don't make them for more platforms, but they are a peach on the G19.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2so4:
Has anyone used the Royal arms Trigger? I saw them at aim surplus and it seems to be a good all around deal. Aim speaks highly of it, wondering what others have to say.

Bueller...?

Posts: 295 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Has anyone used the Royal arms Trigger? I saw them at aim surplus and it seems to be a good all around deal. Aim speaks highly of it, wondering what others have to say.

Bueller...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO97cLpikds

i went with Glock Kraft for my first after market trigger.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm currently trying out an Apex trigger as my first aftermarket Glock trigger. So far, I like it. Combined with a Ghost Edge connector, it results in a very nice trigger pull, and it's all drop-in parts.

However, the resulting trigger pull is only slightly better than my well broken-in G17 with stock trigger and connector. (Although that one had a better than average factory trigger from the start...)

I'm still undecided on the straight trigger face itself, too.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm currently trying out an Apex trigger as my first aftermarket Glock trigger. So far, I like it. Combined with a Ghost Edge connector, it results in a very nice trigger pull, and it's all drop-in parts.

However, the resulting trigger pull is only slightly better than my well broken-in G17 with stock trigger and connector. (Although that one had a better than average factory trigger from the start...)

I'm still undecided on the straight trigger face itself, too.

was thinking about giving the Apex a try, but some have said that it seems to lengthen the LOP over stock. So far i can't find anyone that has measured that.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Mine doesn't feel like it, but I don't have any way to objectively measure it.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there gunshops out there that offer Glocks with all the bells and aftermarket whistles on them ?

Maybe they have their in house smith add the stuff and then they sell it with the additional charges added.

Column A.
Bar Sto Barrel, grip stiple trigger set and sites
column B.
under cut, guide rod and mag release extension.
Column C.

and so on

you just walk in and say "I'll take it"
under cut

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54643 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well I have had my Gen 4 Glock 17 for a bit now and by God if it isn't everything thing a Glock should be with the added benefit of me being able to reach the magazine release button. I now feel like I can say this Gen 4 lives up to my Gen 3s.

Even the newer finish on the slide has grown on me (Not the Tennifer/melonite/whateverthehellthesedays) the actual color/finish Once cleaned up it looks great.....well not great.....well.....nice.....well....I mean its a Glock you get my point. Big Grin

I finally deemed it worth ditching the stock plastic placeholde......errr sights. I was going back and forth between Trij HDs, TruGlo TFX and XS. I am usually a boring Mepro kind of dude so I am branching out a bit. I found a good deal on a set of XS sights locally so what hell, local business, sights now instead of next week.

I put the XS sights on tonight and ran them to range to put 50 rounds through. I like I dot sights. I have always liked SIG sights for this reason and that is one reason I was attracted to the XS sights. I have to say in practical use I hardly ever noticed the I. You just settle that front sight into that V notch and you are on target and off to the races. Its a fast sight no doubt.

Precision at long range absolutely will suffer but for my uses this Glock will likely end up being a nightstand gun with 15-20 yards being a long range shot with 7-12 yards being where she will likely swim so to speak.

All in all I am very happy with this Gen 4 and these XS sights.

As a bonus I have even run 50 rounds of the crappiest steel cased 115 grain stuff I could find just to test its "Glockness" so to speak as well as that new and newly designed recoil spring assembly and I am happy to report it didn't miss a beat.

Glocks are so nondescript, so passionless, so boringly utilitarian but damn if the don't work well and that definitely has a beauty/passion all its own.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Passed 500rds with the G19 today, I think I need to drift the Ameriglos just a tad right. Some of the weak Tulu target ammo has had weak ejection, but quality FMJs and Federal HSTs have ejected well to 3 o'clock.

Put another 'proper' black G19 in the pipeline this week as well.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Curious Rhino, I think its cool you started giving the Austrians a try but, do you still shoot your Grey Guns H&K ? I always liked the modifications you had done to that one. If I ever buy a H&K battle gun, I'd like it set up much like yours.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heinie Stright 8s

Glocks are like dogs, some train better than others, the Glock comes already trained and ready to go, one of the things that impressed me the most about Glock's was all of mine didn't need a break in period, although I gave them one just because that's what I've always done, but it really wasn't needed, my Glocks all fired every type ammo with no failures at all, although I didn't use any aluminum or steel casings, just because I won't put them in any of my guns, My go to gun at home is a Glock 19 gen 4, with Heinie Stright 8s, night sights, Crimson Trace laser wrap around grips and a light attached, I carry a G43 as a back up, and have the gen 4 26 and 27 also equipped True Glow TFX night sights and CT wrap around laser,my Gen 4 G 20 10 mm with True Glow TFX's is always at the ready, I live in the mountains /forest where anything can happen at any time, I was one that held out on buying a glock, There are so many other great guns, and I own a lot of them , my latest a p226 Legion SAO, but Glock's will always have a place in my line up...they are reliable accurate and just knowing they will go bang every time I pull the trigger is a sense of peace for me...we live in a time where there are so many great firearms available to us, by several makers...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
do you still shoot your Grey Guns H&K

Not to thread drift, but yes I still shoot them.

posted Hide Post
Bought another 19 - a gen3 Nibx. While Glocks aren't my favorite guns, I do love the G19

Posts: 253 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like i'm back onboard the Glock train headed towards the Dark side.

This G17 is a freaking rock star. Just swapped out the sights for Warrens and threw on some Talon grips. A friend and I took some guns out to the range and I realized I simply don't shoot 19's well, but 17's fine. I still get the low-right (southpaw) syndrome on his 19, but shoot dead on with my 17. Absolutely loving this thing, can't wait to get it out again to another range session.

Posts: 573 | Location: Colorado | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post