SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Are there gunshops out there that offer Glocks with all the bells and aftermarket whistles on them ?

Maybe they have their in house smith add the stuff and then they sell it with the additional charges added.

Column A.
Bar Sto Barrel, grip stiple trigger set and sites
column B.
under cut, guide rod and mag release extension.
Column C.

and so on

you just walk in and say "I'll take it"
under cut

See it more online than with the typical LGS. Of course, all of those custom online shops have to be local to someone...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there gunshops out there that offer Glocks with all the bells and aftermarket whistles on them ?

Maybe they have their in house smith add the stuff and then they sell it with the additional charges added.

Column A.
Bar Sto Barrel, grip stiple trigger set and sites
column B.
under cut, guide rod and mag release extension.
Column C.

and so on

you just walk in and say "I'll take it"
under cut

There are Bendable, go to www.glockstore.com they have all the tricked out Glocks you could ask for, and everything you might want in the of parts. they're in San Diego California

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rush4theYehO:
A friend and I took some guns out to the range and I realized I simply don't shoot 19's well, but 17's fine.

I shoot my 17 and 34 (which share the same sized frame) much better than any of my other Glocks.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G17 owners, why did you choose it over a G19 ?
G19 owners ,why did you choose it over a G17 ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:

My EDC gun, year round. Concealment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have both the 17 and the 19. The 19 is damn near the perfect handgun package. I do however prefer shooting the 17. The slight grip difference feels better to me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I didn't choose one over the other I got both

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
quote:

Same.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Also the same. But I got a G19 first. The reason is simply that I wanted the more concealable package for carry. The range rental trip where I got to try a 17, 19 and 26 showed me that I shoot a 17 best, followed by the 19 and 26. The 26 pinched the bejesus out of my finger between the frame and the baseplate with every shot, so it go dropped from the running at the start, but now that I have three G19's and a G17, a G26 is starting to make sense again.

I liked the Gen 2 19 so much I picked up a Gen 1 17 a few months later. I carry it during winter months when I can pile on layers. It really came down mostly to size. That said, there's plenty of folks who CC full frame Glocks with no issue whatsoever. But I do absolutely love the way my 19 disappears from view with a good IWB holster. Either way, Bendable, you can't go wrong.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
quote:

Also the same. But I got a G19 first. The reason is simply that I wanted the more concealable package for carry. The range rental trip where I got to try a 17, 19 and 26 showed me that I shoot a 17 best, followed by the 19 and 26. The 26 pinched the bejesus out of my finger between the frame and the baseplate with every shot, so it go dropped from the running at the start, but now that I have three G19's and a G17, a G26 is starting to make sense again.

I liked the Gen 2 19 so much I picked up a Gen 1 17 a few months later. I carry it during winter months when I can pile on layers. It really came down mostly to size. That said, there's plenty of folks who CC full frame Glocks with no issue whatsoever. But I do absolutely love the way my 19 disappears from view with a good IWB holster. Either way, Bendable, you can't go wrong.

The only G19 I liked and kept was the Gen 2.
The Gen 3 and 4 finger grooves don't work for me on a compact Glock.
I have no issues with the finger grooves on my full size and sub-compact.

Although I don't carry any of the above (except the G22 with a G31 barrel in a Miami Classic in cold weather), I prefer my G26 or G33 for EDC.
The Gap Finger Rest Extensions help rid of the dreaded sub-compact finger pinch.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
And on another Glock note, it seems GAP is working on G42 and G43 finger rests..

Glock GAP Finger Rests

I didn't care for the G19 model on my Gen 2.. Frown

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I've put on an extended slide release and larger magazine release. Is an aftermarket trigger something I should look at for a EDC G19?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I've put on an extended slide release and larger magazine release. Is an aftermarket trigger something I should look at for a EDC G19?

Perhaps swap in a smooth trigger from a G17 if the serrated trigger irritates your finger. Personally, I don't see a need for any of the aftermarket triggers that seem to be all the rage lately. Again, that is my opinion, others are free to modify their gun(s) as they see fit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phred,

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
quote:

Perhaps swap in a smooth trigger from a G17 of the serrated trigger irritates your finger. Personally, I don't see a need for any of the aftermarket triggers that seem to be all the rage lately. Again, that is my opinion, others are free to modify their gun(s) as they see fit.

I tend to agree with Phred..
Other than sights, a 25 cent polish, and a smooth faced OEM G17 trigger, my G19, G26 and G33 are stock.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
G17 smooth trigger and nothing else.

I listen to Mas. My defensive firearms for HD and carry (shtf excluded) the triggers remain stock.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Two comments from this guy; number one in regard to triggers, for me, it's just not worth the chance of reducing a trigger weight. If there is even a small chance I will end up using a gun in a SD shooting, I don't want add additional 'facts'

Of course, just by nature of being on this forum, and having been a member of IDPA I've got two items stacked against me. Prosecuting attorneys will twist the truth, it's just the way it is.

Second in regard to "You will buy a Glock" LOL, I'm sure I stated a hundred pages back or so that I have come full circle three times. This time has been the worst as I'm now up to four Glocks: 19, 34, 42 and 43 plus a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 that uses Glock mags!

More and more I find the only guns I shoot though are the 34, the 43 and the S2k.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: evolution,

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

For your gun i would look at what you have done already, polish up all internals, switch to a smooth trigger with a Gen 3 trigger bar, and then try a OEM Glock minus connector (also polished).

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I love my Glocks..
If I could only own one handgun, Glock it would be.
Yes, I did buy a Glock, or 2, or 3...

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna try a smooth 17 trigger face in my 19, but I chose the 19 for the smaller size since it can take the 17 and larger magazines anyway.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is an aftermarket trigger something I should look at for a EDC G19?

For me going from a HK P7 with an excellent trigger to the G19 with its not so excellent trigger, changed out the connector. Tried a handful connectors, the Ghost Evo is the ticket for me. Rolling smooth break similar to the P7. YMMV

Other changes. Undercut the trigger guard, Ameriglo I Dot sights, steel guide rod.

Put about 4K rounds through it so far. The more I shoot it, the more I appreciate the design... low bore axis, frame wider then the slide for a high grip, goes bang every time.... G19 is the perfect size CCW pistol for me....

A friend once told me, Glocks are cheap and reliable , put one in every room in your house. Not sure about the every room idea. Have since picked another G19 Gen 3, most likely get one or two more.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post