SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Next trip to the local shop/range I may try the G19 and G23. I feel the need (given the state of the world)for something more portable than the 21.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Next trip to the local shop/range I may try the G19 and G23. I feel the need (given the state of the world)for something more portable than the 21.

You might consider a G30S, with the emphasis on the 'S'.
It is a essentially a G30SF frame with a thinner G36 slide.
Very close to the size of a G19/G23/G32 (AKA compact).
Plus you can carry a G21 mag as a spare. Big Grin
Pics with a pearce ext on the G30S.
G30S vs a Gen 2 G19....

A big difference in the 'business' end. Eek

Plus a 9rd mag makes it even more concealable. Cool

10 - 15 yards.. Smile

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
G30S vs a Gen 2 G19....

Nice. A 30s may very well be my next Glock. Great for LEOSA carry in restricted magazine capacity states. If I can only carry eleven rounds in my pistol, I prefer those that begin with "4".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Just bought a G4 19 Gray. No idea why. Maybe because it was gray.....who T.F. knows. Should keep me busy over the holidays with Ameriglo night sights, Vickers mag release, ext. slide stop, Talon Grips, .25 trigger job, undercut trigger guard, etc. Only have three other 19's - 2, 3, & 4....but none are gray!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice, Elde. Enjoy it. I pick mine up tomorrow. Big Grin

That's basically why I bought it. A gen 2, gen 3 LAV RTF2 in FDE and a gray gen 4 to follow just seemed to make sense.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Thanks 220 Smudge: that's exactly what I need....encouragement!

Hope your looking as forward to yours as much as I am to mine!

Congrats and Merry Christmas, sir.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, cheers and Merry Christmas to you too, sir! Big Grin

Thanks, I'm pretty excited to pick it up. I missed out on the first order to hit my local but I managed to snag one on their next go-round. If I'm honest, and it runs as reliably as the others, it will likely become a quick favorite of the herd. The factory beavertail was a selling point, even though I like how the Gen 4 feels without any backstrap.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
A gen 2, gen 3 LAV RTF2 in FDE and a gray gen 4 to follow just seemed to make sense.

That seems like a natural progression.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
today I bought a Glock. Well, actually, I cashed in Cabela's points, so no $ out of pocket.

A Gen 4 G26 came home, to go with a Gen 2 G19 I've had since the early 90s.

Seems to be the best solution for EDC in a state that limits us to 10+1.

have now added an extra 3 mags, a Comp-Tac MTAC for carry, a Boraii eagle pocket holster (just in case I feel the urge), Ameriglo Spartan tritium sights, a $0.25 trigger job, glock 3.5 pound connector, a smooth G17 trigger, and a bunch of Gold Dot +P 124 grain ammo. I really like the way the trigger now feels. Still basically getting used to it, with ~250 rounds total through it. Comfortable enough with it to put the P229 back in the safe, and put the G26 into EDC, along with two extra mags in pocket.

20 rounds this morning at 10 yards - might need to tap the rear sight a hair to the right...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

G30S vs a Gen 2 G19....

(photos deleted in reply)

A big difference in the 'business' end. Eek
[
Plus a 9rd mag makes it even more concealable. Cool

(photo deleted in reply)

10 - 15 yards.. Smile

Alas, the 30 Gen 4 bites my pinkie; but the gap between frame and mag appears much less with the 9 rounder than the 10. I'll try another model or two; but if the shop is willing to let me try the Pearce adapted on their rental 30 I'll order one or two to try the 30 again. Something between my P290 and SP2022 would be just about right... Smile

posted Hide Post
Sounds like the p30sk might be goldilocks for you Rat

Posts: 193 | Registered: February 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rembart:
Sounds like the p30sk might be goldilocks for you Rat

Maybe..something with a 3.5" or so barrel. I have an older .40 (Mauser M2) which is about right except it is very heavy. The FN compact in .40 could be a winner too; I have one of the regular size FNX models and the mags are interchangeable. But I will look over the baby Glocks as their frame molding front piece covers that gap that bites me on the model 30s.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Bought another 19 today, this makes Glock number 7. It has a funky serial number too, makes me think of Obama if only had a O. BAHM-XXX

Glock pokes fun at Barry, too funny!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have yet had the urge to buy a Glock......... and never will. Just bought a new gun, no glock, Sig as in SigForum. P224 Extreme.

Posts: 482 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say never. Many of us have eaten those words, yet they were tasty....

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say never, and will take that to my grave.

Posts: 482 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snakeman48:
I have yet had the urge to buy a Glock......... and never will. Just bought a new gun, no glock, Sig as in SigForum. P224 Extreme.

^ Carries a 40cal.. Roll Eyes
Has more pencils than he knows what to do with.. Smile
Has G-10 grips because he secretly wants a polymer framed pistol. Razz
Enough said.. Big Grin

I used to be a Sig snob, but I finally caught the Gaston fever and came to my senses..

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snakeman48:
Sig as in SigForum.
Don't be an ass, as in asshole.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two months after making the big switch, in duty pistols, from .40 SIG P229R DAK to 9mm Gen4 G17, I still believe I made the right choice, for me. The lesser muzzle flip and recoil makes qual and training fun again, for my aging hands, and the Gen4 grip frame allows a very secure grip, better than the P229, or the Gen3 Glocks I had used before switching to SIG in 2004.

Actually, a Gen3 G17 is fine for my left hand, but not so wonderful for my formerly-stronger, but now-weaker right hand. A Gen4 Glock is the best ambidextrous pistol I have found, for my hands.

Burglars have been very active in my patrol area, lately, so I have been searching structures and areas often. A weapon that is nicely secure, in my grasp, is comforting.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post