SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to trading in my issue G23 3rd gen for a 4th gen G23 in the spring. They are in the armory waiting for us to begin annual quals.

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am looking forward to trading in my issue G23 3rd gen for a 4th gen G23 in the spring. They are in the armory waiting for us to begin annual quals.

You should like the change in felt recoil, but you may experience more creep with the Gen4 trigger compared to a Gen3.

We had a battleship gray G23 come in recently with a near perfect trigger (well, as 'perfect' as it comes in the context of a factory Glock). As much as I've railed against that color I admit that I had one of those crazed, brain-locked moments and was tempted. But fortunately for my wallet it's bloody hard to justify adding a fourth Gen4 G23, so I was glad to see the temptation go when it left the shop with a happy customer.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by snakeman48:
Sig as in SigForum.
Don't be an ass, as in asshole.

I saw this coming.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snakeman48:
I say never, and will take that to my grave.

I'm glad you are happy with your new Glock purchase. It will make you a better person.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Well, I still don't own a Glock, but I just got back from a gun-shopping trip with my grandson Sergeant Pulaski USMC, and HE is now the proud owner of a G19 in 9mm.

While he was looking, I fondled a couple of S&W M&P's and I gotta say for a gun I was prepared to hate, they were pretty slick.

(PS: Babies are chick magnets! I was holding my great-grandson Travis while Mom & Dad looked at guns and got more action than a new Mustang!)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I have upwards of 20+ Glocks. I think they are great.

It is a sickness. Rebuilding my Sig collection now though.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

20 rounds this morning at 10 yards - might need to tap the rear sight a hair to the right...

Before you do that, try a wee more finger on the trigger, worked for me.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you working at a gun store is like the crazy cat lady volunteering at an animal shelter Razz

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

You should like the change in felt recoil, but you may experience more creep with the Gen4 trigger compared to a Gen3.

We had a battleship gray G23 come in recently with a near perfect trigger (well, as 'perfect' as it comes in the context of a factory Glock). As much as I've railed against that color I admit that I had one of those crazed, brain-locked moments and was tempted. But fortunately for my wallet it's bloody hard to justify adding a fourth Gen4 G23, so I was glad to see the temptation go when it left the shop with a happy customer.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELG
posted Hide Post
I swapped an XDs 45 for a G19 Gen 4 best Glock I ever owned grip size gives me a more natural aim.

Posts: 470 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought my third one a few weeks ago, a Gen 4 19. Great gun, but I like my 21 more.

Posts: 191 | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

I got to quickly examine one of the new guns. It has a NY-1 trigger spring and, I presume, a standard connector. Haven't been to an armorer's school since 2003 so I don't know the poundage of the Gen 4 connectors. Most of our old G23s have the standard spring with the eight pound connector and a few recently bought ones, including my current issued one, has the five pound connector.
I asked the person in charge of ordering the guns if he realized that we now have the same pistol with three different trigger pulls...

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
It sounds like you working at a gun store is like the crazy cat lady volunteering at an animal shelter Razz

Here kitty, kitty...aw...so cute...you look like a Gaston. Yes, I think that'll be your name. Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was never into Glocks until a few years back.

A G19 is now my EDC weapon.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Add me to the initiated. Got a Glock 26 For Christmas/Birthday present and took it out shooting yesterday. Amazing gun and all the glock mags worked great. The 33 rd mag was a hoot. I can see having enough ammo might be a future problem Wink

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Just bought a G4 19 Gray. No idea why. Maybe because it was gray.....who T.F. knows. Should keep me busy over the holidays with Ameriglo night sights, Vickers mag release, ext. slide stop, Talon Grips, .25 trigger job, undercut trigger guard, etc. Only have three other 19's - 2, 3, & 4....but none are gray!

I just saw a gray one Saturday, and not my cup of tea.

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I almost bought a Glock last week. A Glock 26 for my new EDC. But then I saw the H&K P30sk ... and I bought that instead.

Maybe next time, maybe next time! I was THAT close.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30PlusRetlaw:
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Just bought a G4 19 Gray. No idea why. Maybe because it was gray.....who T.F. knows. Should keep me busy over the holidays with Ameriglo night sights, Vickers mag release, ext. slide stop, Talon Grips, .25 trigger job, undercut trigger guard, etc. Only have three other 19's - 2, 3, & 4....but none are gray!

I just saw a gray one Saturday, and not my cup of tea.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yep, seems not many folks on the board are fans. I appear to be a willing victim of both Sig's and Glock's marketing efforts. Guess there are worse vices to be afflicted by.

Happy New Year to all!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post
I did!!! Bought two Glock 43's cause they are just the coolest little carry pistols.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatormba
posted Hide Post
I blame each of you...all this talk about Glock! I went to the local gun show today and looked at a few Sig P320SC's and Gen4 G26's. I'm still not entirely sure why but the G26 just felt right. It pointed right. And it fit my requirements for a higher capacity, higher caliber ankle gun (compared to my current LCP) so I ended up buying the G26.

But it didn't end there...laying on the table right above the G26 was a new Gen4 G19...I didn't want to , but I ended up picking it up and it felt even better than the G26. I ended up buying both and can't wait to get to the range tomorrow!

Please pass the Kool-Aid!

Welcome to America...home of the most well armed civilian population in the world!

Posts: 123 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 Gen 4 G19's and 1 Gen 4 G17 in the last 3 weeks and my brother also got a Gen 4 G19. They were all in our favorite color for a handgun, basic black The 4 gun shops around the area said the Glock 9mm's have been selling like wildfire. There are some pistols that are a little more accurate and have a little better trigger out of the box but some of the newer ones are a lot less proven in harsh conditions and have a more complex design with many more parts.
While other pistols have better ergos, to me the Glock 9's aren't bad and I still prefer a low bore axis and less top heavy type pistol. Also, no matter how good or bad times may get in this country in the future, you will be able to find replacement Glock parts if needed much easier than other brands. No, Glock 9mm's aren't perfect
but nothing else out there is either. But *overall* they are still hard to beat, IMHO.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post