SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobalt402:
I agree w/ you Smudge. I wouldn't even consider one, and then 20 yrs ago I shot one and never looked back. I've lost count of how many Glocks have come and gone through my vault, but there always remains a full compliment of the G-9mm group. I love'em, and they would be the last to ever go.

^ What he said..
Holding a Glock and shooting a Glock are two completely different things..
I love the feel of a CZ 75 B in my hand, but didn't shoot it too well.
Not to mention the pesky thumb safety..

Many present a Glock a bit low on the draw.
But after a few mags, one easily adapts..
None of the low and left I had to adapt to with my XD pistols...
No more XD pistols.
8 Glock pistols..
Fighting the urge to buy another Gen 2 G19 police trade in to keep in my pickup console vault... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The afternoon, went to the LGS/range and shot my first plastic trying not to become a fanboy. I rented and shot Glock 34 and Glock 19, SIG P320 in both full size and compact. Just for grins, I also shot a non plastic CZ P01 Tactical.

As you might expect, the CZ was heavier but a nice shooter, felt great and I was accurate with it.

Frankly, I couldnt decide which I preferred, the Glock or the P320. Having never shot a Glock before, I was impressed. Really impressed. I was also impressed by the P320 and like concept of it modularity. Like the CZ, the Glocks and SIGs felt great and were accurate. I think I may need to go back tomorrow and shoot again..

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Fighting the urge to buy another Gen 2 G19 police trade in to keep in my pickup console vault... Big Grin

Geez, dude, that makes how many? Two? Three? Big Grin

No judgement here, I want a third. Wink

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a G43 online at Bud's. Held off buying a Shield/XDs/LC9 for a long time waiting for them to make a small single stack 9. Even longer waiting to save up the money for it. Can't wait to shoot it.

Wish I could carry my G19 but it's just too big. Sure do like shooting it though. I've shot plenty of others and some were really nice but I have no need for any other handgun besides a Glock (except a Ruger GP100).

Now they need to come out with a 22lr.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I've done the nearly unthinkable.
I've actually gone to owning just one Semi Auto..
You know the question
What would you own if you could only own one gun? A lot of people say a Glock 19.
Well that is what I own.. A nice Gen3 2008 G19 with Trijicon HDs.
It is serving as my only semi auto carry gun/house gun etc.
I back it up with a new 442 no lock.

Being a guy who has owned prob a few hundred handguns over a decade... it's oddly refreshing owning only one main semi-auto handgun.
In this regard, life got really simple and I like it!

Sure I could see owning one more just like it as 1=0 and 2=1 Smile

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Envious. At this time I really don't think I could do it. Ever time I think of shedding, something within me blue screens and I auto-reboot myself.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Envious. At this time I really don't think I could do it. Ever time I think of shedding, something within me blue screens and I auto-reboot myself.

At one time in my early 20's I had but one semi auto a 10mm Delta Elite Colt. 3000+ reloaded rounds later.... I sold it and went with a glock 19... my then 2nd purchase of a semi auto handgun.. 200+ Handguns later I've gone back to the G19. Simple reliable platform...

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just added number 10 to the safe....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
This summer while searching the safe for guns to sell to fund my new found revolver addiction, I couldn't find the strength to sell any of my Glocks. Some HK's and M&P's found new homes, but my Glocks stayed put. While they don't evoke any emotion when looking at them, they're a trusted tool that does the job every time. Some haven't been shot in years with the exception of my G26 which is my primary CCW. I was smart enough to realize that if I did sell them, I'd only have the expense of replacing them later.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh geez. Went to the LGS and walked out with a new Glock 34, Blade Tech Holster and mag carrier, 2 extra magazines and 1,000 rounds of 9mm. Even though it was ready to shoot the moment I bought it, I took it home field stripped it, ran a bore patch through it once, added an ever so small amount of oil in a couple of places. I activated the lava lamp, lit incense and offered up a sacrifice of Bologna meat. I gave it a brief introduction to all metal firearms in the safe who turned up their nose at this plastic girl from the other side of the tracks. After that, off we went to range so she could show me her stuff. She wasnt a disappointment...

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Oh geez. Went to the LGS and walked out with a new Glock 34, Blade Tech Holster and mag carrier, 2 extra magazines and 1,000 rounds of 9mm. Even though it was ready to shoot the moment I bought it, I took it home field stripped it, ran a bore patch through it once, added an ever so small amount of oil in a couple of places. I activated the lava lamp, lit incense and offered up a sacrifice of Bologna meat. I gave it a brief introduction to all metal firearms in the safe who turned up their nose at this plastic girl from the other side of the tracks. After that, off we went to range so she could show me her stuff. She wasnt a disappointment...

Girls from the other side of the tracks seldom disappoint for specific needs... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I did not think it would ever happen. But I just picked up my first 17 Glock. Young guy was over and offered me a NIB Gen 4 for some reloading gear I was trying to sell so we make the trade. Not sure I can put it in the safe with my Sigs but they are all sitting on the bench and seem to be getting along.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
My buddy just bought a NIB Glock 17 Gen 4, so I took him to my private club gun range to train him and get him some trigger time.

I normally force myself to hate Glocks, but this gun was relatively handsome, at least in terms of engineering, fit, function and finish. Ok, everybody already knows that, but here's my point: When I picked up the gun, I knew I would end up buying a Glock, but ONLY if I could shoot the gun. Fortunately though, through no fault of the gun, I couldn't get the gun to group worth a crap, so I SAVED MYSELF - I will not be required to buy a Glock !

So it was a good day considering the circumstances.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
Well I did not think it would ever happen. But I just picked up my first 17 Glock. Young guy was over and offered me a NIB Gen 4 for some reloading gear I was trying to sell so we make the trade. Not sure I can put it in the safe with my Sigs but they are all sitting on the bench and seem to be getting along.

They'll be fine together. 17 Glocks and 11 Sigs in my safe and there hasn't been so much as a dirty look amongst them.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:

They'll be fine together. 17 Glocks and 11 Sigs in my safe and there hasn't been so much as a dirty look amongst them.

You'll need to install a CCTV to verify that.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Even Hillary Duff bought a Glock !!!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I did today...was looking for a 21sf, after trying a 30S and realizing it would bite my pinkie (referenced in an earlier post) like the 30. One dealer had nada 21s, nada 30s; second stop the owner noted my Navy t-shirt. He had one LE package 21 Gen. 4 on hand he could sell to LE, active or retired military (including retired reserve). I brought it home; will read the manual, play with the grip inserts and perhaps test it Satuday.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Well, I did today...was looking for a 21sf, after trying a 30S and realizing it would bite my pinkie (referenced in an earlier post) like the 30. One dealer had nada 21s, nada 30s; second stop the owner noted my Navy t-shirt. He had one LE package 21 Gen. 4 on hand he could sell to LE, active or retired military (including retired reserve). I brought it home; will read the manual, play with the grip inserts and perhaps test it Satuday.

Nice...

It is my understanding with the Gen 4, that if you use no removable backstrap, the frame is the same as an SF frame.

Congrats and thank you, and all others that are serving or served, for your service.
If it wasn't for y'all, this forum (or firearm ownership) wouldn't exist..

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Nice...

It is my understanding with the Gen 4, that if you use no removable backstrap, the frame is the same as an SF frame.

Congrats and thank you, and all others that are serving or served, for your service.
If it wasn't for y'all, this forum (or firearm ownership) wouldn't exist..

Thanks, I had it easier in 20.6 years total service than many, but still came away with a slight problem related to it...but yes, what you hear is correct according to my owner's manual. The Gen. 4 21 without a grip insert added is the same as an SF. Tried all four; it fits me best with no insert. The meaty portion of my pinkie rested right in that slot on the 30S, just like the 30 so I got the 21. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post