SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Anybody have a Glock worked on by Cold Bore Customs?

I'm thinking about picking up a new Gen 3 G19 and sending it off for a carry texture and removal of the finger grooves.

Will they install sights? I think carry texture and sights are all I'd want on a new G19.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
Anybody have a Glock worked on by Cold Bore Customs?

I'm thinking about picking up a new Gen 3 G19 and sending it off for a carry texture and removal of the finger grooves.

Will they install sights? I think carry texture and sights are all I'd want on a new G19.

Plenty, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1820094283/p/1

Even the OP. Cool

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did, I finally picked up a gen3 26. I had Ameriglo Pro I-Dots installed before I left the shop. I now have the trifecta!

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On New Year's Eve, I went to LGS and bought another Glock, a Gen 4, G19. Later that day, I bought Ameriglo iDot Pro's and had those put on my G34. Busy day, New Years Eve..

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
A late Christmas present, G43 number two to match the one my wife "borrowed".
Already have the Talon grips and sights on it. Trijicon front & 10-8 rear.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried a 23 today (not a Gen 4); my teeth are still rattling. My Mauser M2 in comparison was much tamer, those extra ounces help. Next range excursion, I'll ask for a Gen 4. The 23 was a wee bit longer, wee bit shorter.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Tried a 23 today (not a Gen 4); my teeth are still rattling. My Mauser M2 in comparison was much tamer, those extra ounces help. Next range excursion, I'll ask for a Gen 4. The 23 was a wee bit longer, wee bit shorter.

Try a G19 or G26..
That will cure your teeth chatter..

I find my 357sig Glocks more pleasant to shoot than my 40cals.
Although I am a self confessed anti-40 shooter.

I run a 357sig (G31) barrel in my G22.
I have a 40cal (G27) barrel for my G33.
The ONLY reason I have the 40cal options are in case the ammo dries up again.

Wanna shake some dental work loose?
Rent a G30 or G30S... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Try a G19 or G26..
That will cure your teeth chatter..

I find my 357sig Glocks more pleasant to shoot than my 40cals.
Although I am a self confessed anti-40 shooter.

I run a 357sig (G31) barrel in my G22.
I have a 40cal (G27) barrel for my G33.
The ONLY reason I have the 40cal options are in case the ammo dries up again.

Wanna shake some dental work loose?
Rent a G30 or G30S... Big Grin

That's what gets me; I've tried the 30s, 21 (and own a 21). All Gen 4. No problem with snap, rather enjoyable. I did fire a 19 Gen 4 recently, thought it was a .22! That new recoil spring setup must really work. Smile I actually prefer the .40 for HD. Thought to try the 23 for a possible EDC. Not counting it out, but want to try the Gen 4 in a 22 or 23.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I actually prefer the .40 for HD. Thought to try the 23 for a possible EDC. Not counting it out, but want to try the Gen 4 in a 22 or 23.

I have a Gen4 19, 17 & 22. All are fine in regards to recoil. But man, the 23, is tur-rable (Charles Barkley) in my opinion. I just don't like the 23, and don't recommend it for most people (my 'humble' opinion). So, if you want a .40 for HD then I highly recommend the 22, though the 17 is nicer to shoot Wink

-

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a gen4 g17 and it is a very light shooter. I am far more accurate with it than the 19. The 19 is an almost perfect gun. The finger grooves however cause me issues. I'll possibly get some work done on it. The 17 gen 4 with talon grips, and the top half of the medium blackstrap are close to perfect for me. It works kind of like a grip force, but without the girth and bulk.
It really reduces the hump without making it too big.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob220st
posted Hide Post
I AM Free....That Is Why I own a SIG!!!!!!! Cool
Regards,
Bob Big Grin

Posts: 1766 | Location: Independence,Ky. | Registered: September 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob220st:
Regards,
Bob Big Grin
How many times do you intend to post this stupid shit in my thread?

No more. You're through trolling this thread. I promise you. One way or another, you're done.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...tType=1&u=9901089731

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone in here have recommendations on an IWB holster for the glock 17? Looking at alien gear, comp-tac minotaur (have one for my p6 and love it), galco skyops. I am a thin guy and want to carry the 17 daily concealed.

Thanks guys.

Posts: 118 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FSUMedicine:
Does anyone in here have recommendations on an IWB holster for the glock 17? Looking at alien gear, comp-tac minotaur (have one for my p6 and love it), galco skyops.

I carried a G17 in a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC for a couple years, and it worked fairly well, but several years ago I switched to using all-leather IWBs from http://ttgunleather.com/

My G17 conceals nicely under a slightly loose untucked polo or square-bottom button-down shirt.

G26 G21
G19 G17
(I also have one for my G30, but I haven't updated my "family photo" in almost a year.)

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
TT or a Milt Sparks VMII. Leather usually takes a little while to get. If you need something right now to last until then I would suggest a Bladetech Ambi Klipt for the 17. Someone should have them in stock.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I would get an alien gear while you decide on what you want. Pretty good for the price.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
The 19 is an almost perfect gun. The finger grooves however cause me issues.

Me too, which I why I favor my Gen 2.

There are many companies (or do it yourself) that can remove those finger grooves for you..

It is odd that the finger grooves just don't work for me on a compact Glock. Frown
But have no issues with them on full size or sub-compact Glocks. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob220st:
Regards,
Bob Big Grin

I used to be Sig snob, until I expanded my options for a lighter, reliable, cheaper, consistent triggered choice.
The second handgun I ever owned was a G26 I had/carried for 10 years.
After a lackluster obsession with the XD line, I came back to Glock and stayed with it..
I've sold Sigs to buy Glocks, and usually got 2 Glocks for every Sig I sold.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
It is odd that the finger grooves just don't work for me on a compact Glock. Frown
But have no issues with them on full size or sub-compact Glocks. Big Grin

Not odd at all. The spacing is different. The grooves are closer together on the compact Glocks, so your fingers are more cramped. The wider spacing of the full sized and subcompact Glocks is better for folks with large hands.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
My middle finger knuckle was broken and it is huge. It causes the 19 to slightly rotate causing me to milk it. The wider space on the 17 clears is and it's not an issue.

TCB all the time...