SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I wanna G40, and a G36 and a GI Joe with a kung foo grip....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You were right.I thought I would never but I recently bought a G42 for the thinness and pocket-ability. And yes, I love this gun but I also love my Sigs but not willing to carry them due to the weight and size.

Sig Ultra 9mm Traditional, SW Performance Center Shield 9mm, Dan Wesson CCO, Ruger LCRx, Kahr PM9. CZ 75D PCR

Posts: 44 | Registered: April 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah...you don't ever sell the old Glock.

I still have my first - a 1992 made G17 and the damn thing still eats everything I throw in it.

It looks like crap. The slide is almost silver, the grip frame is worn as smooth as a 1st gen Glock and the night sights went dead many years ago.

However....i can grab it out of the safe, throw a fresh mag in it and it will go bang 17 times...every time.

Posts: 3048 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: May 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nsagnell
posted Hide Post
I have resisted for so many years. But the AimSurplus LEO tradein Gen 2 G19 deal got me.

Is it really true that if I handle my Glock to much I'll grow hair on my palms?

--------------------------------
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Posts: 1774 | Location: Miami | Registered: June 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's the perfect model for your first Glock. Congrats, and enjoy.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nsagnell:
I have resisted for so many years. But the AimSurplus LEO tradein Gen 2 G19 deal got me.

Is it really true that if I handle my Glock to much I'll grow hair on my palms?

The hair on your palms rumor is just not true. However, it will lead to poor vision.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I am up to five Glocks now. I bought the Gen3 G17 in Spring 2012, when my chief was presented with a proposal to allow 9mm to be an alternative primary duty pistol cartridge, in the 9mm counterparts of our mandated .40 duty pistols. (Why? Arthritis, CTS, and tendinitis in my formerly-stronger-side thumb, hand, wrist, & elbow.) At least one influential assistant chief, however, persuaded the chief that big boredom is better.

Then, I acquired a pair of Gen4 G19 pistols, because even though my chief had not yet allowed 9mm for uniformed officers, the G19 was allowed for some plain-clothed assignments.

Why two? Well, I like to have a spare of my primary pistol, period. Sometimes a weapon needs work, and not all work can be done on the spot, in minutes. Secondly, I often want to carry two pistols, and there is a list of reasons why two of the same are a best practice, from identical manual-of-arms to commonality of magazines. (Keep in mind that I swore an oath, that compels me to move toward trouble, not away from it.)

During personal time, I started carrying these Glocks as soon as I had verified function, as 9mm has always been OK for personal-time carry.

In early 2015, I bought a G34 MOS, because because because because. Smile

Actually, the G34 is a nice companion for the G17 and G19. The longer sight radius helps me shoot a bit more accurately. The longer barrel provides a bit more burn time for the powder to push the bullet a bit faster. The bit more-forward balance helps my off-hand shooting. The MOS feature will allow me to play with an optic.

This month, I bought a Gen4 G17, because in September 2015, after that previously-mentioned assistant chief retired, my chief authorized 9mm as an alternative primary duty cartridge for uniformed officers, and I like to have a spare of my primary pistol. Smile (I still wear a uniform.)

I still like SIGs, but .40 really hurts to shoot, and and the high bore axis causes even more leverage against my aging, aching right wrist, whether my right hand is the weapon hand, or support hand. (I am not blaming the .40 for being the primary cause; I shot all too many .41 Magnums in the Eighties, plus quite a few .44 Magnums.) My P229R DAK may soon be permanently equipped with a 9mm conversion barrel.

Next, perhaps, a G26? A G42? The role would be a back-up pistol.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like a distributor commissioned another run of green Glocks. Battlefield Green. Looks like the old OD to me.

Cool Smile

http://www.amchar.com/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
More 'green' than my recent run OD G23G4, also distributed--at least initially--through Amchar. Muddy Girl must be next...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like a distributor commissioned another run of green Glocks. Battlefield Green. Looks like the old OD to me.

http://www.glockstore.com/gloc...lefield-green-glocks

Available in 17/19/22/23/26/27. Gen 4 only.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Henry Ford said - I believe of his Model T- "They can have any color they want, as long as it's black."

That's the way I feel about Glocks. One color is all that's needed.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
I think back to when I first saw the 1st Gen Glock 17 pistol back in the mid-80's. What a shock it was to me at least. A completely alien and bizarre object from another world. It made me wonder why anyone would ever make a handgun or anything for that mater that looked like that. Yuck. Damn! Give me a Beretta 92FS. A SIG Sauer. A 1911. Now we're talking right? And then you shoot it and shoot it some more (and meh its okay) and then one day you shoot it fast (it seems to encourages you to shoot it fast Big Grin) and then you look at your target and then realize the gun likes to run not walk. Oh I see now. Then you detail strip the thing at home and you scream out "You brilliant bastards. You did it!" pounding the table like Charlton Heston in the future on that beach.

Wife calls from upstairs "What are ranting about?"

Sorry honey. Uh. Go back to sleep.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Black does maximise the evil.

Is that racist?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Black does maximise the evil.

Is that racist?

Don't think so. Sith lords wear that badge with pride.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
I think back to when I first saw the 1st Gen Glock 17 pistol back in the mid-80's. What a shock it was to me at least. A completely alien and bizarre object from another world. It made me wonder why anyone would ever make a handgun or anything for that mater that looked like that. Yuck. Damn! Give me a Beretta 92FS. A SIG Sauer. A 1911. Now we're talking right? And then you shoot it and shoot it some more (and meh its okay) and then one day you shoot it fast (it seems to encourages you to shoot it fast Big Grin) and then you look at your target and then realize the gun likes to run not walk. Oh I see now. Then you detail strip the thing at home and you scream out "You brilliant bastards. You did it!" pounding the table like Charlton Heston in the future on that beach.

Wife calls from upstairs "What are ranting about?"

Sorry honey. Uh. Go back to sleep.
. Yes , you have it right. Glocks like to run fast!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
I'm still resisting since 2009, when this post started.

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NopeSmile However I did touch one finally LOL and I didn't like the feel, I already knew that I wasn't attracted to it from any aesthetic views.

A good friend was gently pushing me to the Model 34 long slide and I decided to put one in my hand, they just aren't for me at all but I do respect the company overall.

Now, this doesn't mean that I won't shoot one but I won't own one!
Karl

Posts: 105 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: October 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
As has been said many times in this thread, people say exactly what you said about how they'll never own one after holding one but not shooting one. Hell, I did. In this thread, no less. Then I shot one. If you can't give it that chance, it's on you. If you shoot one and don't immediately go "oh, ok, I get it now" then it simply, and honestly isn't for you. But shoot one. Preferably in 9mm. Then you can say you won't own one and feel silly later on about being pig-headed about the issue like I did.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree w/ you Smudge. I wouldn't even consider one, and then 20 yrs ago I shot one and never looked back. I've lost count of how many Glocks have come and gone through my vault, but there always remains a full compliment of the G-9mm group. I love'em, and they would be the last to ever go.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post