SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I forget sometimes this is Para's topic/thread and, then I check in to see others new Glocks and it comes back to me, his opening thread.. Big Grin This is a vintage 6 1/2 year old topic, so far. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LGS was having a "Glocktober" sale, so I picked up a 26 Gen 4 tonight. I'm liking the grip texture and larger mag release.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 41 just arrived, rmr on its way. All is good

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TikritTourist:
Been shooting the heck out of my G41 and G26 lately.....

I think my next Glock is a G42...but ONLY if I could pocket carry it. Not willing to stoop as low as the .380 caliber, unless it is carried ONLY when I otherwise wouldn't carry a gun (weddings, certain dinner parties, work meetings, etc..) so pocket carry would be a must.

Anyone pulling off pocket carry with a G42?

The G42 is a sweet gun to shoot probably the best .380. But for pocket carry the Ruger LCP is probably the choice I will make. I've shot both and the G42 is better in every regard (sights, trigger pull and recoil).

Although the G42 is nicer, the LCP just disappears in your pocket.

Posts: 42 | Registered: September 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xray 99:
The LGS was having a "Glocktober" sale, so I picked up a 26 Gen 4 tonight. I'm liking the grip texture and larger mag release.

I know some don't like the Gen 4's and prefer Gen 2 or 3 but that gen4 26 is fantastic. One of the best ccw of all time.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

I know some don't like the Gen 4's and prefer Gen 2 or 3 but that gen4 26 is fantastic. One of the best ccw of all time.

My G26 gen 4 is my favorite of all my handguns! MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep bought 3,sold them all and bought Sigs.

Posts: 269 | Location: Central Nebraska | Registered: April 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

A good gun, but my example was rather vexing initially. Inconsistent trigger pull made it a tough one for me to shoot with reliable accuracy. Some faulty factory parts identified and replaced (trigger bar, striker plunger, connector) finally turned it into a pretty sweet shooter and something worth considering for carry use.

Then the #!@$*^#@! slide started rusting.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TikritTourist:
Thanks for the replies and pics and feedback on pocket carrying the G42.

I think I'll stick with a j-frame for pocket....

I actually sold my 642 after buying an LCP.. Wink
The width of that cylinder in a pocket was too wide for me.

Although I did shoot that 642 very well, and I am considering another j-frame just to have one.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwarner:
Yep bought 3,sold them all and bought Sigs.

I sold a few Sigs when I started to favor the Glock.
I was able to get 2 Glocks for every Sig I sold... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
I recently purchased a GEN 4 Glock 19. What is the forums opinion on weighted guide rods? I had one on a gen 3 Glock 34 years ago and liked the change in balance. But I have seen online reviews stating the GEN 4 has reliability issues with this upgrade, making it not much of an upgrade at all.

Does anyone have experience or insight to offer?

Replace the factory guide rod/spring on my 34 Gen 4 with a Jager steel guide rod/ISMI 13 lb spring. Have 4K rds on it, no problems.

Will pick up a G19 soon, do the same change. I'll try a 13lb and 15lb recoil spring in it.

Cool, let me know if you like the G19 version. Cheers

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Can't get a better endorsement from the top gun seller of the last 7 years:

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
IrishWind,

It may just be because I was up all night, but that's FUNNY!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bamaman
posted Hide Post
Finally took the plunge, and bought my first glock. a G42. absolutely love it. it replaced a kahr p380 that was a jamo-matic. Cant believe I waited so long to try one out. Boy I have missed out for too many years.

Posts: 500 | Location: N.E. Alabama | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
^^^And so it starts....^^^

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I sold a few Sigs when I started to favor the Glock.
I was able to get 2 Glocks for every Sig I sold... Big Grin

Well, Hell son, 7-11 is giving them away free with a Big Gulp. 40oz - of course.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

OK. I gave in and the G19 G3 with Truglo night sights shoots well, well enough that I qualified last week during my annual training. But then, I pulled out a P7....the RO and the other SWAT team members were impressed (I'm not SWAT but they were over the requalification). Anyway, the Glock works but the P7? It works even better.

Posts: 12466 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
My grey G19 layaway is now two-thirds paid off as of today. I'll have it home by the end of the year, can't wait. Never figured on becoming a Glock collector, lol.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Man I really hope Glock does another run of OD frames. I'd like to add an OD G17 gen 4 to my OD G19 gen 4.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm no insider, but from what I'm seeing, I wouldn't count it out. The recent poll Glock did with choices for additional polymer colors was shortly followed up by several Lipsey's exclusive offerings: grey Glocks in 17/19/20/21 and an FDE G42. I see the Lipsey's models as test-bed stuff for the main offerings. A run of OD RTF2's would see cash from me, no question.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post