SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
...At least you came to your senses, and it's not a bad idea to rotate your stocks of Glocks. I only have one, but it's my favorite of all the Glocks I own... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
Really thinking hard about getting a Gen 4 in 45!

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
[ignorant]What's DROS?[/ignorant]

God bless America.

Posts: 13883 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I taught an Advanced Pistol class this past Saturday. During the classroom portion, all I heard from a guy is how Glocks suck, "I shot a Glock once- it was all over the place, my Kimber is ten times the gun." As a FI, my job isn't to take sides or try and pursuade people's POV on 'which is best'. As always, I just wait for range time and see if my $400 Glock is as good as this guy's $1400 100 year old technology (sorry- I just had to say that). This guy's wife used one of my loaner G19s and shot superb, meanwhile the husband spent more time fixing his $1400 mistake...but he looked so cool with his Range Ninja gear and Kimber stickers all over his truck. Just because you look like Rambo, doesn't mean you're an operator!!!
Glocks Rock!

'Tap Out' T-shirts don't make you tough!

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootcentermass:
I taught an Advanced Pistol class this past Saturday. During the classroom portion, all I heard from a guy is how Glocks suck, "I shot a Glock once- it was all over the place, my Kimber is ten times the gun." As a FI, my job isn't to take sides or try and pursuade people's POV on 'which is best'. As always, I just wait for range time and see if my $400 Glock is as good as this guy's $1400 100 year old technology (sorry- I just had to say that). This guy's wife used one of my loaner G19s and shot superb, meanwhile the husband spent more time fixing his $1400 mistake...but he looked so cool with his Range Ninja gear and Kimber stickers all over his truck. Just because you look like Rambo, doesn't mean you're an operator!!!
Glocks Rock!

What you say, man! Right on! You must come from Alabama. Say, I hear Louisiana is offering the Alabama kicker political asylum if he'll do a repeat when the two teams meet again. Or maybe we need to pass out Glocks at half time and see who comes out on top. Hee!

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Well, seems I'm suddenly in the market for a Glock 34... Big Grin

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Well, seems I'm suddenly in the market for a Glock 34... Big Grin

After owning a Glock 34 I will never look at my 1911 the same way again. The 34 is my go to gun for local range shoots and competitions.

Posts: 202 | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a handful of Sigs since the early 1990s, and have not been a Glock fan until they came out with the Gen 4 and smaller grip. Now that grip is made for me, and my Glocks fully loaded weigh less than my Sigs empty.

Posts: 2405 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
[ignorant]What's DROS?[/ignorant]

No Shite... DROS for legal current gun owners does nothing to prevent us from using the other ones we have in their attempt to prevent Mayhem because after all that is in our States reasoning what we gun owners do.. in the Peoples Rebublik of Kalifornia..

Wrong thread sorry for the drift..

Okay, thanks for that, but... I think I still don't know what DROS is. Maybe I'm just really dense today...? Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13883 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheBikerLife
posted Hide Post
Noob Glock question: I've read up on all the differences between the gen 3 and gen 4. Anyone here with ownership experience prefer the gen 3 over the gen 4?

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 517 | Location: Lexington, SC | Registered: November 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBikerLife:
Noob Glock question: I've read up on all the differences between the gen 3 and gen 4. Anyone here with ownership experience prefer the gen 3 over the gen 4?

Thanks in advance!

I have owned more Gen 3 Glocks than Gen 4, and I greatly prefer Gen 4 Glocks. I currently only own Gen 4 Glocks.

Posts: 2058 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone here with ownership experience prefer the gen 3 over the gen 4?

Undecided. Ergonomically I tend to prefer Gen4s with the G17/22 and G19/23, the only Gen4s I've either seriously looked at and/or shot. But I've yet to have any functional issues with any of my Gen3 models (I have three), though with my lone Gen4 (G23) it does have the habit of kicking its brass into my face.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mmissile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bry@n:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Still Glockless. I refuse to join you cult! Smile
...he said, while hanging around outside the Glocker's clubhouse.

{hugs}

It's OK to be you! Don't be ashamed. Razz

Haha. Got a laugh on that one. It's hard to hate glocks, really.

I don't hate them, just no thoughts at all about them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
'proposed 28th Amendment' to the U.S. Constitution: 'Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives. . .'

Posts: 9500 | Location: Former America/Michigan | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmissile:
I don't hate them, just no thoughts at all about them.
But, you're in the Glockiest Glock thread ever in this forum. And in this massively Glocky thread, you're posting...about Glocks.

How do you manage to identify a Glock thread, choose to post in it, and type coherent sentences about Glocks, while giving Glocks "no thought at all"?

So please, stop standing in the clubhouse door. Stay or go.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was my most recent pistol purchase and it quickly became my second favorite pistol of those I currently own (behind the Gen3 19, of course).

Posts: 88 | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mainly a Mainer
Picture of clayshooter
posted Hide Post
KFBSTS, Nice G-26. My Gen 3 G-26 has been one of my favorite pistols for years. My newest Glock is a Gen 4 G-19 and I love that thing, as well.

Posts: 6018 | Location: NH | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of shooting a gen4 glock 27 with GAP basepads on the mag. I thought it was great and shot really well for me. I was shocked at how little the recoil felt. I have shot gen 3 g23's and I would feel every shot, but not with this gen4.

I was shocked because there isn't supposed to be any difference but the grip surface between the gen3 and gen 4 g27's. Made me wanna try out a gen 4 g23.

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mainly a Mainer
Picture of clayshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bry@n:
I was shocked because there isn't supposed to be any difference but the grip surface between the gen3 and gen 4 g27's. Made me wanna try out a gen 4 g23.

For the baby glocks, just the grip frame, I think. The 26, at least (and probably the 27) still uses the same dual stage recoil spring that it always has. It's the bigger frames (e.g. 19/23) that started using the dual-stage recoil springs for the Gen 4 where they didn't for Gen 3. Still, I can't tell any difference in recoil between any of my Gen 3 19s and the Gen 4. Maybe there is a perceptible difference between a Gen 3 23 and a Gen 4 23 for recoil, but at this point at least having not compared the new and old 23s, I'm doubting it.

Posts: 6018 | Location: NH | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post

I'm very happy with my Gen 4 Glock 26. Purchased from forum regular Steve @ SCP who also did a great job installing the Ameriglo I-Dot Pro sights and smooth G17 trigger with Gen 3 connector.

I already owned a Gen 3 Glock 19 and it's great too. Hard to pick a favorite, but the little 26 carries like a dream in hot weather clothing.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Welp, just joined the Glock club with a Glock 19 Gen 4. Shoots nice, but damn if the grip stippling like sandpaper on my side skin. It's good for the hand gripping skin, but anywhere else it's painful. Not sure what I'm going to do about that.

Posts: 4366 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post