SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Glocks and SIG's make up my two favorite types of handguns. I've had a couple HK's and could never warm up to their ergonomics (I'd LOVE a P7M8, but I'm talking about their polymer pistols). I've tried XD's and S&W polymer guns and they don't do it for me. The Beretta 92F isn't a good fit for me and I engage the safety half of the time when I rack the slide. So Glocks and SIG's win.

We just got issued new Gen 4 Glock 17's yesterday. My prior two issued handguns were both Glock 22's. I'm happy with the switch. I've never been a .40 fan. I prefer 9mm, .45, and.357SIG all over .40 by a large margin. I also have a 19 and a 27, but I might change out the 27 for a 26 now that we switched to the 17.

Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

Posts: 293 | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I've found over the last few weeks to my great surprise that it is as easy to CCW my Glock 21 as it is my HK P2000 or G36 and while the others are smaller the Glock 21 is not difficult.
Same cover shirts. And the Draw allows me a full size grip that is very controllable in fire allowing me a soft shooting 45 which is easy to manipulate reload etc... It's as accurate as my 1911's HK P2000 and shoots fast..

Funny my least expensive gun I paid $369. a used LEO trade in Gen 2 G21 which appears to have been carried but shot little, very little.. is quickly taking over all the needs I have in a pistol period.. IWB in A Galco KingTuk.. or TT gunleather IWB works perfectly..

I'm selling off many of my guns and the ones I won't part with are my Glocks.. So ya I guess I'm a certified fanboy... where did I put my towel Smile

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Glocks, 2 M&Ps, 2 1911s, an LCP, a couple revolvers, and now a SIG. Have no trouble switching from one to another. If SIG made a truly lightweight 9mm compact, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Love my new MK 25, but I carry the LCP or a Glock or M&P concealed. Old guy like me feels the weight.

Posts: 22 | Location: BROOMFIELD, CO. | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
I've found over the last few weeks to my great surprise that it is as easy to CCW my Glock 21 as it is my HK P2000 or G36 and while the others are smaller the Glock 21 is not difficult.
Same cover shirts. And the Draw allows me a full size grip that is very controllable in fire allowing me a soft shooting 45 which is easy to manipulate reload etc... It's as accurate as my 1911's HK P2000 and shoots fast..

Funny my least expensive gun I paid $369. a used LEO trade in Gen 2 G21 which appears to have been carried but shot little, very little.. is quickly taking over all the needs I have in a pistol period.. IWB in A Galco KingTuk.. or TT gunleather IWB works perfectly..

I'm selling off many of my guns and the ones I won't part with are my Glocks.. So ya I guess I'm a certified fanboy... where did I put my towel Smile

I do indeed miss the Gen 2 G21 I sold after buying the G30S.
As I ended up selling the G30S... Roll Eyes

I've got a hankerin' for another Gen 2 G21, or one of the trade-in $350 G32 pistols that one of our members is offering for sale..

quote:
Originally posted by JEFF3731:
I have 3 Glocks, 2 M&Ps, 2 1911s, an LCP, a couple revolvers, and now a SIG. Have no trouble switching from one to another. If SIG made a truly lightweight 9mm compact, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Love my new MK 25, but I carry the LCP or a Glock or M&P concealed. Old guy like me feels the weight.

Welcome to the forum..

Posts: 4387 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I'm consolidating my guns and have had a tough time doing so. It's taken me 2 weeks to figure out which ones ...
While I won't get down to just one..IF I did, it's a toss up between my G36, and G19 and G21 both of those are Gen 2... My 1911s and Hks, SW and Kahrs are all nice guns. Still I'd rather keep a couple of trusty old Glocks.

Example When trying to figure it out.. I went to the range with all my 45s... I got this 1911 I had worked on it shoots small groups.. I shot the target below and then said Wonder how close I can get to that hole with my G21 Well there are two 45s in nearly the same hole at 7-10 Yards... The G21 at a 4th the cost shoots every bit as accurate and just as fast as my 1911. Sure it doesn't feel as good but it darn well shoots fine and holds twice the round count and weighs the same as my 1911... DUH...
This isn't the first time a glock has bested more expensive guns for me..

posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock 22 at one point. Hated how it felt in my hand. Now it sits in my safe collecting dust. O well....

In that style of gun I wayyyyy prefer the Springfield Xd's

Posts: 1313 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
But, you bought it.

And still have it.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
I'm consolidating my guns and have had a tough time doing so. It's taken me 2 weeks to figure out which ones ...
While I won't get down to just one..IF I did, it's a toss up between my G36, and G19 and G21 both of those are Gen 2... My 1911s and Hks, SW and Kahrs are all nice guns. Still I'd rather keep a couple of trusty old Glocks.

Example When trying to figure it out.. I went to the range with all my 45s... I got this 1911 I had worked on it shoots small groups.. I shot the target below and then said Wonder how close I can get to that hole with my G21 Well there are two 45s in nearly the same hole at 7-10 Yards... The G21 at a 4th the cost shoots every bit as accurate and just as fast as my 1911. Sure it doesn't feel as good but it darn well shoots fine and holds twice the round count and weighs the same as my 1911... DUH...
This isn't the first time a glock has bested more expensive guns for me..

As I stated a few pages ago;
I missed having a 357sig pistol, owned one years ago and it is a fun round to shoot.
I recently rented a P229 and G23 (the range only had 40cal pistols no 357sig) side by side.
I had 3.5 to 4 inch groups with the P229, and 2 inch and smaller groups with the G23.
That really surprised me, I wish I'd taken a picture of those targets.....
Ended up buying a Gen 4 G22 and a G31 barrel.

I think I'm going to research another Gen 2 G21.
I really did like that pistol.
It was the pistol that got me shooting 45ACP again....... Big Grin

Posts: 4387 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .45ACP
posted Hide Post
Finally made it to the range with my new G23 earlier this week. It wasn't snappy at all for a carry sized .40 and I enjoyed it, what has become of me?

I remember looking down on the progressives and their perverse inter-material love affairs, what happened to the days of yesteryear when a pistol was thing of metal on metal purity or maybe with some wood in the mix to spice things up? Now the contemporary liberals, with their European sensibilities, have soiled natures intent on frame to slide relationships. I feel both shame and liberation to admit that in a moment of weakness and disenchantment I too became curios and am now full-blown bimaterial. How will I tell my family and friends that I dipped my pen in with the polymer crowd and enjoyed it?

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .45ACP:
How will I tell my family and friends that I dipped my pen in with the polymer crowd and enjoyed it?

You could start by admitting to the problem. The twelve-step program begins here:

Here

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9225 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
How will I tell my family and friends that I dipped my pen in with the polymer crowd and enjoyed it?

It is power of the Plastic Fantastic. They will come to understand and sympathize, or simply yield and bow down to its ever-marching inevitability of destiny...or some whatchamacallit like that.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .45ACP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

It is power of the Plastic Fantastic. They will come to understand and sympathize, or simply yield and bow down to its ever-marching inevitability of destiny...or some whatchamacallit like that.

Correction, plaTHtic fantaTHtic*

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Thats funny Right there... ^^^^ Big Grin

Nice G21 1Lowlife

Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just picked up #7..... a spankin new G42

It's a nice little .380. I never really wanted a .380 but it was a great deal and I figured what the hell

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10740 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have indeed bought a Glock, or two (a 19 and a 20, actually).

Do the Glockoscenti here foresee a single stack 9mm (the size of a 42, say) coming down the pike?

--------------
Don't put me in fear for my life.

Posts: 255 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrdwrght:
Do the Glockoscenti here foresee a single stack 9mm (the size of a 42, say) coming down the pike?
Does the Pope wear a funny hat?

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:

Yes indeed.. Big Grin

Posts: 17943 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by wrdwrght:
Does the Pope wear a funny hat?
Do you imagine Glock has held back so it might solve the finickiness that seems to plague other pocket nines, like my Nano?

--------------
Don't put me in fear for my life.

Posts: 255 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post