SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of krazyk86cu
posted Hide Post
Fixed!

Posts: 121 | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well have to say after a few slight mods, the 19 gen4 is really shinning right now.

I installed Trijicon HD sights (look great/work great),polished internals, added Vickers Slide stop, and Mag release.

Jury is still out on the mag release, i seem to be hitting my fingers on the opposite side which is hindering the mag release.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of krazyk86cu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
Well have to say after a few slight mods, the 19 gen4 is really shinning right now.

I installed Trijicon HD sights (look great/work great),polished internals, added Vickers Slide stop, and Mag release.

What did you have against the stock mag release? That's part of the reason I have gen 4s.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by krazyk86cu:
quote:

What did you have against the stock mag release? That's part of the reason I have gen 4s.

I've always wanted to try Glocks for the reputation they had, but until Gen 4s came around they just did not fit my hand how i needed them to, and that included the mag release. The Gen 4 improved on everything it seemed as far as what i needed.

For 14 bucks i thought the vickers was worth a try, and while the OEM mag release was much better in the Gen4 i felt there was room for improvement as far as it came to my hand and fitment.

I thought why not see what some had said about the vickers being a must, and right now i don't see it as a must, but still need to do some drills before final judgement.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DMS
posted Hide Post
306 pages later. No I won't.

Posts: 230 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Wait till page 500 Wink

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMS:

said much the same thing a few years ago

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh now you did it. You came into this thread to post that. I see a new Glock in your future. Maybe a 19 or perhaps a 17?

Para will be along with your complimentary tickets to the bath house shortly. Smile

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

said much the same thing a few years ago

Same. And I also never thought I'd convert to 9mm.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12737 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
He he heeee...

You need to read through the thread, babycakes. Do you know how many members have gone out of their way to post such comments in this thread, only to come back later and say "I just bough my third Glock"?

Don't believe me? Read the thread.

See you soon, shnookums! Big Grin

(pssst....Here's a clue for ya- guys who truly have no interest in Glocks don't post in this thread. If you really didn't care, why would you, hmmmm? Toodles!)

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For over 20 years I've been saying I would never own a Glock. I just got a 19-4 and really like it. As my friends and family learn of this, I am being reminded of those past statements. Never say never.

Posts: 692 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
NEVAH say teh NEVAH!!

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
And I now will soon own a 31, 32 and a 33! Big Grin

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=403728901

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few days ago I acquired my first 45ACP Glock. A G30S. So far only shot about a hundred rounds, but I like it.

Posts: 205 | Location: KDHN | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
NEVAH say teh NEVAH!!

I said I'd never own one,, until the Gen 4's came out. For the price of a new Sig, I was able to buy the Glock 17, add new night sights from AmeriGlo, put in the NY1 trigger, Ghost Edge 3.5# connector; still about 5-5.5lb pull, but it is smooth, Apex extractor for less than the Sig. The wife and daughter bought me a Wilson Combat barrel for it for my birthday and for Father's Day, they are having the slide refinished.

The gun shoots POA and has yet to have an issue. Now I'm thinking of adding G31 and getting a .40S&W barrel to go with it. I have turned to the Dark Side as some would say, but maybe one day, I'll buy another SIG; maybe.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
This would make me want to buy another Glock:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/994...26_9_TSS_Tribal.htm#

Wink

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought why not see what some had said about the vickers being a must, and right now i don't see it as a must, but still need to do some drills before final judgement.

I put in Vickers mag releases on a couple of my gen4's and I find them a vast improvement. I shoot lefty, and the years of shooting righty guns I release the mag with my trigger finger. The gen4 OEM is an improvement for me over the gen2/3 but the Vickers makes pushing the button so much easier for me. I don't have to make too crazy an adjustment or use too much force to release anymore. A great and cheap upgrade for sure. Smile

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:

Wink

I'm honestly waiting for the NFL editions. You know how people can order their favorite team jersey and number with their own name on the back? Just imagine Redskins, Cowboys, etc, Sigs. It honestly wouldn't surprise me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12737 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of krazyk86cu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hueypilot:
A few days ago I acquired my first 45ACP Glock. A G30S. So far only shot about a hundred rounds, but I like it.

Put some XS Big Dots on that 30 and you'll have one bitchin' CCW.

Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:

Wink

I'm honestly waiting for the NFL editions. You know how people can order their favorite team jersey and number with their own name on the back? Just imagine Redskins, Cowboys, etc, Sigs. It honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Sig is not the only brand pushing others to buy their first Glock. Viewer discretion advised:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/933...erks_Zombie_NIB.htm#