SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
I may need one Glock in the stable to take on my boat. Who cares if it gets wet and dirty lol.
The Glock is a great pistol for the high seas. Just ask Team Zissou.

Posts: 108184 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Another Glock 20SF came home with me today. Glocks are addictive, especially in 10mm!

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
You will love it, particularly the heavier loads offered by Buffalo Bore, Double Tap and perhaps others. Off the shelf stuff from the major manufacturers not so much ... think slightly more powerful than a .40 S&W. Go for the real stuff if you want 10mm power and punch, which is what the 10 mil was originally supposed to have. Better yet, get into reloading and come up with your own (not to mention far cheaper) loads that are equally as powerful. But don't plan on saving money unless you load a lot because, given the cost of reloading equipment, you'll have to pull that handle a lot before you make up what it cost to get set up. However, the fun part of reloading isn't just money -- it's the pride you have in coming up with your own load. Plus, reloading is relaxing. I can't think of anything else and reload at the same time. I'd better not be thinking of other stuff, let's put it that way; otherwise, somebody else can shoot my ammo.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
You will love it, particularly the heavier loads offered by Buffalo Bore, Double Tap and perhaps others. Off the shelf stuff from the major manufacturers not so much ... think slightly more powerful than a .40 S&W. Go for the real stuff if you want 10mm power and punch, which is what the 10 mil was originally supposed to have. Better yet, get into reloading and come up with your own (not to mention far cheaper) loads that are equally as powerful. But don't plan on saving money unless you load a lot because, given the cost of reloading equipment, you'll have to pull that handle a lot before you make up what it cost to get set up. However, the fun part of reloading isn't just money -- it's the pride you have in coming up with your own load. Plus, reloading is relaxing. I can't think of anything else and reload at the same time. I'd better not be thinking of other stuff, let's put it that way; otherwise, somebody else can shoot my ammo.

Thanks! This G20SF joins my other G20SF and my G29SF in my current 10mm collection. I started with a G20 back in the mid-1990s. I have also owned a Colt Delta Elite and an EAA Witness in 10mm. The G20SF is my primary carry gun and I bought the new one as a rotation gun or second carry gun.

I have not tried any Double Tap 10mm. I have a good stock of Buffalo Bore 180gr. JHP, Cor-Bon 180gr. Hunter, and Winchester 175gr. Silvertip ammunition. The local Wholesale Sports store has a good stock of Buffalo Bore ammo at good prices. With my 5% military discount, it is very close to internet prices. The Winchester and Cor-Bon I usually get from Cheaper Than Dirt. I have a case of Sellier & Belot 8X57 JS Mauser ammo that is on the FedEx truck for delivery today from Cheaper Than Dirt.

I should have started reloading many years ago when I was shooting one or two calibers. Now, I shoot nineteen different calibers of center-fire ammo from .380 ACP to .458 Lott. I recently looked into buying a progressive loader and all of the accessories to reload all nineteen calibers and the cost was enormous. At sixty five years old, I don’t think I would break even in the remainder of my lifetime. I also would never carry with reloads and I only practice with what I carry.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well after the umteenth time my p250 has failed, from day one it's in the mail to Sig...

Hopefully they can fix it, but it's off the carry rotation forever... In fact I'll either sell it or trade it in on another firearm...

Looking at Glock now, can't trust the poly sigs for daily carry, as much as I want a 2022, the P250 makes me pull away from them....

So there will be a G27 or g23 in the house tonight or tomorrow... or maybe a 27 and 34 for the range....

Posts: 23779 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Looking at Glock now, can't trust the poly sigs for daily carry, as much as I want a 2022, the P250 makes me pull away from them....

The 2022's are flawless in general and very reliable. I carry one in 9mm and it has never had a failure of any kind. Don't write them off as they're nothing like the 250's.

Posts: 10033 | Location: Henderson (Vegas), Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:

Thanks! This G20SF joins my other G20SF and my G29SF in my current 10mm collection. I started with a G20 back in the mid-1990s. I have also owned a Colt Delta Elite and an EAA Witness in 10mm. The G20SF is my primary carry gun and I bought the new one as a rotation gun or second carry gun.

I have not tried any Double Tap 10mm. I have a good stock of Buffalo Bore 180gr. JHP, Cor-Bon 180gr. Hunter, and Winchester 175gr. Silvertip ammunition. The local Wholesale Sports store has a good stock of Buffalo Bore ammo at good prices. With my 5% military discount, it is very close to internet prices. The Winchester and Cor-Bon I usually get from Cheaper Than Dirt. I have a case of Sellier & Belot 8X57 JS Mauser ammo that is on the FedEx truck for delivery today from Cheaper Than Dirt.

I should have started reloading many years ago when I was shooting one or two calibers. Now, I shoot nineteen different calibers of center-fire ammo from .380 ACP to .458 Lott. I recently looked into buying a progressive loader and all of the accessories to reload all nineteen calibers and the cost was enormous. At sixty five years old, I don’t think I would break even in the remainder of my lifetime. I also would never carry with reloads and I only practice with what I carry.

I understand -- I'm 75 and the Dillon 550 with 10mm dies, tumbler, etc., set me back $1000 through Brian Enos. I'd have to shoot a lot to make up that chunk of change. But if you shoot a lot and lots of calibers, you might get it back pretty quick. I'd also invest in (or borrow) a chronograph if I got heavily involved in reloading. Only then can a person safely begin "upping" the loads. I wouldn't want to go much beyond 1200-1300 fps w/180 grain bullets. Some people claim 1500 fps, but I think that's pushing it. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, I've already blown up one G20 and I had rather not do it again.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220forever:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

The 2022's are flawless in general and very reliable. I carry one in 9mm and it has never had a failure of any kind. Don't write them off as they're nothing like the 250's.

I agree with P220forever.
The P250 lasted one month in my possession, then it was sold.
Although I've never owned a 2022, I've shot and handled a few.
Much better gun than the P250.

But I bought and still own a Glock 19.
I favor it over both polymer Sigs mentioned above..

Posts: 4389 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sold a few Glocks in the past, but I had been thinking of picking up one in 9mm for a while. Ran across this Austrian proofed 19 a week or so ago. Shoots nice and is in my carry rotation now.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
I've sold a few Glocks in the past, but I had been thinking of picking up one in 9mm for a while. Ran across this Austrian proofed 19 a week or so ago. Shoots nice and is in my carry rotation now.

Oh, that's nice. Exactly what I'm looking for.

Posts: 10033 | Location: Henderson (Vegas), Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Oh I'll still get a new Sig (I did buy the 2022 for $399 tonight)

But I am going back tomorrow to another shop
going to get the GLock...

Besides being a great gun you can do so much
with a glock.

Hopefully my 250 will come back upgraded and useable, I have some interchange things I want to do, 357 sig and 9 mm full size with the 250 for fun.

A 23 or 27 is coming home with me tomorrow

Almost picked up and XD 40, they have a great deal, buy the gun get a full kit, reloader, two mags, mag pouch and then you get a coupon for three more free mags, $469 5 mags, reloader etc..

Posts: 23779 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Can...you...DIG IIIT!!!"

lmao!!! I just watched "The Warriors" last night.

I can dig it!!

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Just picked up my Gen 4 35 from my FFL today!!

Posts: 2025 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not buy but traded for a G17 and love it (but not as much as my Sig's). I would (will) buy another Glock. I do not discriminate when it comes to gun manufacturers.

P229 - 40s&w/357sig
P230 - .380acp
P250 - Subcompact 40s&w
P365 - 9mm
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 110 | Location: Deep South | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Glocks are great fighting tools but they just aren't as sexy as a Sig. I've owned several Glocks and all have served me well.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
I finally found a nice Glock 26 Smooth Finger Groove model

Hey Para do you still have a nice picture of your G26 smooth finger groove model? That photo was the reason I hunted down one just like it.

I certainly ain't Para but his talk about switching all his triggers to smooth ones also made me want to try it. I bought one and swapped it out, a very easy thing to do. I think it's a good improvement.

He meant the smooth finger grooves like one this one. Found on the early 26s(not mine just found on the internet).

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
He meant the smooth finger grooves like one this one. Found on the early 26s(not mine just found on the internet).

Ah, I see now (said the blind man). Thanks for the clarification.

Posts: 7350 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
AMEN, BROTHER PARA!!!
Couldn't help myself. I was at the gun show today and a brand new 3rd gen G19 came home with me.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I drug another one home today.
I located a fairly nice gen. II Glock 22 with two hi-cap mags, dead Trijicons, no box or tools. Other than the sights, it appears to be all original. While I am not a .40 S&W fan, I do like the old style frames without rails and finger grooves. This is a three pin frame, and I thought all gen. II frames were two pin design. Any locals want to swap for a 9mm or .357 Sig?

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Get a barrel conversion. Thats what i did with the gen 2 glock 23 police trade in that i bought a couple months ago.

Posts: 7402 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post