SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Actually, I bought a Walther PPQ instead. I think I will like it a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Posts: 6352 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's just a layover on the way to Gayville, babe. Razz

Posts: 108121 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:

I thought why not see what some had said about the vickers being a must, and right now i don't see it as a must, but still need to do some drills before final judgement.

I put in Vickers mag releases on a couple of my gen4's and I find them a vast improvement. I shoot lefty, and the years of shooting righty guns I release the mag with my trigger finger. The gen4 OEM is an improvement for me over the gen2/3 but the Vickers makes pushing the button so much easier for me. I don't have to make too crazy an adjustment or use too much force to release anymore. A great and cheap upgrade for sure. Smile

This is just what i was hearing, and main reason i wanted to try it out.

As with anything, i will give the mag release time, and i'll add that i like the vickers extended slide stop , just enough extra without being in the way.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Big_John
posted Hide Post
After a week-and-a-half and 700 perfect rounds, I'm bonding nicely with the Gen4 G19. It shoots great and as accurately as I can be, I love the distinct trigger reset and it's a soft shooter. It's not the most ergonomic pistol I own, but as with many other of my guns, the more I handle it the less of an issue that becomes. I certainly don't notice it at the range.

I continue to wade through all 300 pages of this thread and find it amusing to read all posts slamming the brand. They're great little handguns. I'm still confounded by Smith's decision to not produce model that goes head-to-head with the 19. It's an ideal carry gun in terms of size, capacity and weight.

The slide stop is fine as is, IMO, and the only upgrade I can see at this point is a set of Straight Eight sights.

Posts: 136 | Location: Washington | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big_John:
I'm still confounded by Smith's decision to not produce model that goes head-to-head with the 19. It's an ideal carry gun in terms of size, capacity and weight.

They're probably gun shy (no pun intended) since the lawsuit.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big_John:
I continue to wade through all 300 pages of this thread and find it amusing to read all posts slamming the brand.

I agree with you on this. I don't understand why people feel the need to slam Glocks - especially on this thread. Let people enjoy their gun of choice. I don't always understand the need to angrily defend the Glock either, since its record speaks loudly of the quality of the Glock firearm.

I consider myself a "Sig guy", but I have come to really enjoy my Glocks...and now own more Glocks than Sigs...and I shoot Glock more than my Sigs as well.

(edit)
PS - The Gen4 changed everything (for me) in regards to Glock. I really enjoy the 19, 17, 22 Gen4's.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Gen 4 G19 this week. I really like the mag release.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
My Gen 4 G20 finally came in about 3 weeks ago...

Just in time for my birthday. Smile

Posts: 571 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Big_John
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Nice. I'm thinking about one of those myself down the line. I've yet to shoot 10mm.

Posts: 136 | Location: Washington | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of krazyk86cu
posted Hide Post
Just a pic of my EDC Glock 17

Posts: 121 | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runnin' home to some small Ohio town
Picture of STUGOTSIG
posted Hide Post
Got mine today! Cool
Not bad for a buck and a half.

__________________________Law Enforcement can visit our website at www.stdlaw.net __________________________

Posts: 5777 | Location: Too close to Top Gun Supply | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STUGOTSIG:
Got mine today! Cool

That ugliness will buff right out.. Wink

Posts: 4387 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Actually, it won't. Beauty is skin deep, but fugly goes all the way through.

Runnin' home to some small Ohio town
Picture of STUGOTSIG
posted Hide Post
The department used it as a SIM gun.
Most of the paint easily peeled off.
Need to get a little more involved removing the paint from the stippling.

__________________________Law Enforcement can visit our website at www.stdlaw.net __________________________

Posts: 5777 | Location: Too close to Top Gun Supply | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd leave it just as it is.

posted Hide Post
Shit, I'd love to get my hands on any glock for $150. Blue, peeling paint or not.

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STUGOTSIG:
Got mine today! Cool

It has Avatar blood all over it...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by krazyk86cu:
Just a pic of my EDC Glock 17

Those are some big keys.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17495 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After over 30 years I finally bought a Glock 19 Gen 4 today. Being in Illinois it is in jail until I can pick it up Monday. Never had anything against Glocks, I just always had other firearms higher up on the priority list. Now that Illinois has concealed carry the Glock will help fill in that role. It did help that I have been shooting with a 70 year old retired cop that actually prefers his Glock over his beloved 1911's. He says he can just shoot the Glock better at his age. The Glock may just become my every day beater while I save my prettier guns for Sunday cruisers Smile

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Brake fluid shouldn't harm the frame, but it will take that paint off.

Posts: 28136 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post