SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Bought a G36 yesterday to go with my G19 and G22.........now it's the 10 day wait Frown

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10367 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pawelm:
17, 9x19, made in 2011.

How does the bottom of the slide look?
Any peening?
Although peening is usually from contact with the locking block..

Your rails don't really look that bad.
Unless you're having any issues with the performance or reliability of the pistol, I wouldn't worry about it. Big Grin
If it really bothers you, polish those rails and smooth out the rough spots.

http://i.imgur.com/wilY5if.jpg

Posts: 4389 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigswiss:
Uh, uh, I still haven't bought a Glock...?
What's wrong with me? (I'm sure someone will tell me in short order). Musta just slipped my mind? -But I'm on page 300!

Apparently, you hate the gun...but LOVE the thread. That's OK. You are SLOWLY being pulled into the Glock Black Hole. Smile

Happy 300 Para.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
708,000 views...who'da thought...wow.

Posts: 6311 | Location: Orlando, Florida, U.S. | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigswiss:
Uh, uh, I still haven't bought a Glock...?
What's wrong with me? (I'm sure someone will tell me in short order). Musta just slipped my mind? -But I'm on page 300!
You're a latent Glockosexual.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Here's a couple of passes to the bath house for you and a...friend. And remember- no towel snapping! Razz

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did. Eek

Posts: 69 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountie:
I did. Eek
Oooh, a Mountie!

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slimcakes:
708,000 views...who'da thought...wow.

I have faith we will see 1 million in a year or two Wink

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Glorps and plan on a few more. I can even drop the kids off at HQ for new springs and such on the way to work. Torn between a G21 and 41 at the moment and I think I need a G20....do I?

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought some Glock recoil springs and guide rods...but they are going in to a CZ P-09, LOL.

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A short time ago I fell of the wagon and purchased two new Glocks. A G20SF and a 31. Wanted a 10mm for when I am in the woods and kept hearing that the 1911 platform didn't like the 10mm round. And the 31 since I wanted to see what the 357Sig round was like. And now I just received 1000 rounds for each. Time to go shoot some.

Also what is the deal on sights? I would be replacing the sights on my 34, 20 and 31. I hear that they are different for different cals and I heat they are the same. And any recommendations? Trying to decide between night sights frt and rear or night sight on the frt and something like a Warren tactical for the rear. But leaning towards the latter.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sparkyk, typically the only variation is is front sight height, so, find the type of sight you like and then pick the front height that goes w/ that caliber. I use Heinie sights (black rear & luminous dot front) and the only difference between the ones on my 19 & 20 are the fractions of the front height. I assume all of the others are basically the same.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
Well, sumunumbatch!!! I planned on announcing the arrival of my pretty new Glock 19 (my first ever not-issued-to-me Glock) on page 300, but it appears I'm a little late. I guess I've been paying a little too much attention to it over the last 6 days.

Anyways. Hey guys, guess what???? After 13 years in the biz (and 6 as a Glock Armorer)...I BOUGHT A GLOCK!!!!

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 591 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baby steps Turbo, we all have taken them, but they usually didn't last 13 yrs. Congratulations on crossing over.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slide looks fine, it's just about rails.
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by pawelm:
17, 9x19, made in 2011.

How does the bottom of the slide look?
Any peening?
Although peening is usually from contact with the locking block..

Your rails don't really look that bad.
Unless you're having any issues with the performance or reliability of the pistol, I wouldn't worry about it. Big Grin
If it really bothers you, polish those rails and smooth out the rough spots.

http://i.imgur.com/wilY5if.jpg

Posts: 41 | Registered: August 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So how are the owners of the 42 liking their new Glock?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn - so I go perusing into my LGS today "just to look", not committed to buying much of anything. Lo and behold, the LEO case is full of $430 GenIV Glocks. So at first, I'm all like "hey, ya, okay go ahead and set me up with a Glock 26 - and while you're at it, can you throw some trijicon HD night sights on it too"?

Deal done, right?

Damn.

So they're setting me up with the new sights, and I get the wild hair - "hey, so while you're putting them on the 26, go ahead and put a set on the 17 too".

I go from owning no Glocks, and now I own two.

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
So how are the owners of the 42 liking their new Glock?

I'm still on the fence on the G42.
I've got to get my wife to hold one in her hand, and make her think it is her idea to want one... Big Grin
Many of you will understand the above.. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
Damn - so I go perusing into my LGS today "just to look", not committed to buying much of anything. Lo and behold, the LEO case is full of $430 GenIV Glocks. So at first, I'm all like "hey, ya, okay go ahead and set me up with a Glock 26 - and while you're at it, can you throw some trijicon HD night sights on it too"?

Deal done, right?

Damn.

So they're setting me up with the new sights, and I get the wild hair - "hey, so while you're putting them on the 26, go ahead and put a set on the 17 too".

I go from owning no Glocks, and now I own two.

I'm proud of you Sr_Bull..

If it makes you feel any better, I just bought a pristine KA P228 to go with my Glocks... Cool

Posts: 4389 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it makes you feel any better, I just bought a pristine KA P228 to go with my Glocks... Cool

Congrats on the KA P228! They are sweet. I keep telling myself that's the reason I don't need a G19 - because I have a P228 already!

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
I keep telling myself that's the reason I don't need a G19 - because I have a P228 already!

That's why you need a Glock. I also have a triple s/n 228 but I don't want to carry it as a duty gun and watch it get cold/wet/dirty/snowed on. That's where Glocks excel. No other gun eats rainwater, dog hair, coffee, mud, sand, and doughnut crumbs ... and still goes 'bang' every time like a Glock.

Posts: 697 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post