SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah! 300! And I just got my new G30sf!

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10811 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Pawelm, it's hard to tell what's going on with your frame rails with them globbed up with oil. Maybe wipe all that stuff off and take some pics? I guess I'm not seeing what soggy spinout is seeing, I'm seeing gunked up frame rails from excess lube.

I'd like to pile on the excessive lube bandwagon..
I just put a touch of slide glide on each lug and fire away...

I also wanted to be on page 300... Big Grin

Glocks and Sigs...
Glocks and Sigs..
Glocks and Sigs...
Glocks and Sigs..

Posts: 4411 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Damn found a G17FDE gen4 with 4 mags and new night sights for $ 499.99 did not even look like it had been fired.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3301 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Epic.

...and I recently crossed over to the dark side with a gen 3 g26. Big Grin

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
I love, love, love my Glorps!

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
In honor of page 300, I picked up a G26… I just love that cute little thing… It's like a baby rattlesnake, cute and deadly!

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CMH Sig
posted Hide Post
Page 300....WOW! I've bought 5 Glocks since this thread started. The Glocks outnumber my Sigs now. Looking for a 6th Glock soon.....

Posts: 235 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
On the '300... and waiting on an amendment for my 2nd Glock, a G41!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7190 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh, uh, I still haven't bought a Glock...?
What's wrong with me? (I'm sure someone will tell me in short order). Musta just slipped my mind? -But I'm on page 300!

"Buy once, cry once"

Posts: 113 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigswiss:
What's wrong with me? (I'm sure someone will tell me in short order). Musta just slipped my mind? -But I'm on page 300!

Your time will come.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigswiss:

You need to seek help

Posts: 7403 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I suppose it could be gunk built up on the gun...

This is a crop and 25% reduction of the original image that the OP posted. When I first glanced at the original I read the irregularities--especially the middle one--on the left rail as being a gouge into the surface of the rail. But now that I look at it more closely it could be something on top of the rail. As for the 'stuff' sitting on the frame under and in front of the right rail; that too I reacted to the bright/shiny/reflective quality of the the gunk and assumed that it was metal bits that I was looking at. But with the amount of oil on this gun I now also think that it's just too hard to tell for sure what it is.

Oh, and congrats on 300...but just think how fast it'll be to get to 400 if only Glock would release that single-stack 9mm. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Finally fired my cracked frame (but stress relieved) Gen 2 G19 yesterday.
So far, no signs of the cracks spreading into the lower part of the frame.
Might turn out to be a decent pistol after all.

Did you call Glock about the cracked frame?

Posts: 7403 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, next pictures with less lube- http://imgur.com/wilY5if.jpg ; http://i.imgur.com/mrcusM3.jpg
Still no idea what's going on Big Grin

Posts: 41 | Registered: August 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

From his previous post...
So yes, he did..

quote:
ZZZ.... a close inspection of the frame revealed it was cracked on the thin vertical portion of the frame, just behind the locking block.
I doubt I would have been able to see these cracks in the poor lighting of the shop anyway.
A perusal of the Internet revealed that others had also suffered the same fate but in some instances, GLOCK did not have to replace the frame (they actually removed the vertical portions from the cracks rearward (stress relief by removal).
In my case it appears that the cracks may have already spread to the main upper portion of the frame so stress relieving it may not be possible depending upon how deep these protrude into the frame.

My options are to;
1) Spend the $61 to ship it to GLOCK and take a chance they can fix the frame (stress relieve it) making any future issues somewhat covered by them
2) Spend the same $61 and let GLOCK replace the frame gratis (as some have said they do) with a (downgrade) Gen 3 frame (I would then sell the pistol)
3) Spend the $61 plus another $100 (if they don't warranty it) to downgrade the frame to a Gen 3 (I won't actually do this *)
4) Just stress relieve the frame myself (well within my capabilities) keep a close eye on it in the future and take my chances.

ZZZ...

Posts: 4411 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pawelm:
Ok, next pictures with less lube- http://imgur.com/wilY5if.jpg ; http://i.imgur.com/mrcusM3.jpg

You stated your pistol was a Gen 4..
Which model is it?
What caliber is it?

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

As stated in several previous messages, I emailed them and their response was to send the pistol to them.
I did not want to sink any more money into the pistol (shipping) even if they decided to fix the pistol gratis, as I absolutely do NOT want a GEN 3~4 finger groove frame.
I bought a Gen 2 because I specifically wanted a Gen 2.

This seems to be working for now and I'm not out any additional money.
Since it will only be a range toy anyway, I'll just keep a close eye on it.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by pawelm:

You stated your pistol was a Gen 4..
Which model is it?
What caliber is it?

17, 9x19, made in 2011.

Posts: 41 | Registered: August 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post