SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
...main reason she likes her Beretta mini-cougar (besides the name Wink...

As a side note, to this legendary thread, that was funny!

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Just bought a G4 21 last month. My last 3 handgun purchased have been Glocks. Sad to say I have not bought a Sig since 2005.

If you have shot your G21 Gen 4, I am curious to know what your impressions are of it.

I have been doing some research on a full size semi-auto .45 (leading up to a purchase in the near future), and I keep circling back to the Glock.

Thanks,

Rob

I have not shot it yet. Waiting for all this snow to melt and the ground to dry up. My buddy shot it after he installed my night sights. He is a range officer with the local PD and they shoot strictly glock 40 or 9mm and he really like it.

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I should have taken some pictures but when I set them on top of each other the size was pretty dang close. The G42 felt a lot slimmer in my hand for sure and to me was a more comfortable grip than the CM9. And I like the CM9. The way the gun felt in my hand had as much to do with me wanting it as the way I shot it was. Speaking of that I shot the G42 as well as I can shoot my CM9 from the first mag on. It felt very natural to me. Though my primary carry is a Glock 19 so I am used to Glocks. Not sure how much that would matter though.

I think Glock has a real winner in the G42 as far as sub-compact .380 pistols go. For me personally it's too little too late since I have an LCP and the CM9 already.

I would like to ask you this, how difficult was the slide racking of the G42?
The wife has handled my CM9, but had difficulty pulling the slide back, despite my push/pull advice.
I think the main reason she likes her Beretta mini-cougar (besides the name Wink ) is that the slide is so easy to pull back..

Big Grin

The only thing that stuck out about the slide was that it's a bit small. It was not as hard to pull back as the CM9 which I agree is heavy. But I do remember wondering if I'd have any issues manipulating it. It's not as small as the LCP though.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post

I went to look at that Smith 19-7, made my decision.

Found the above LIKE NEW Austrian Gen3 G31. Still has the copper grease smeared inside. Mag has no marks on it. The slide and frame are immaculate. My guess is that someone bought it and had buyers remorse and traded it in. I got it for $409.00 plus tax.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave my G19 to me youngest son. In the future I may get a G26

Posts: 54 | Location: Western , PA. | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate that I bought a Gen 4 Glock 19! ARGH!

Posts: 9 | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checking in...... Still no.

Posts: 566 | Location: Mountain Brook, AL | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuckle:

Thank God you checked in... Eek

I was wondering if you had bought a Glock, YET.. Big Grin

Posts: 4411 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuckle:

I'm with you Nuckle. I check in from time to time to see what's happening. For me it's still NO...

Posts: 4784 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's get you boys a couple of passes to the bath house. You'll fit right in.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C'mon, fellas. Can't we all get along? I mean, like ebony and ivory? Smile

http://s1063.photobucket.com/u....jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

(can't figure out posting pics)

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:

LIVING IN PERFECT HARMONY... Big Grin

Posts: 4411 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're half-way there already since you set up a Photobucket account. Check in SigForum Office, under Steve059's thread for my brief explanation on posting pics. If I can do it, it ain't too hard, believe me!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9379 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
drabfour and 1lowlife - thanks for posting the pic!

newtoSig - thanks for the info.

I will now try to post another version of the "ebony and ivory" pic myself.

Boom!

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
You got the hang of it now. Good job and nice collection you have there.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you! Nice collection, too!

Hey, only one more page to 300!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9379 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
This thread is coming up on 5 years and 300 pages!
It this the record for the longest and largest thread?
It's the longest one I can remember.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
And it's about Glocks on a Sig forum. Wink

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post