SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No way I will buy a Glock! I already have five!

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
This thread is coming up on 5 years and 300 pages!
It this the record for the longest and largest thread?
It's the longest one I can remember.

The cat picture thread may be in a race to win it; although, it will probably just come in a good second place - whenever the awards are finally given out.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I am currently Glock-less... As much as I love my USP's, I miss the no-frills, nothing but point 'n shoot aspect of the dark side.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sugarwater:
drabfour and 1lowlife - thanks for posting the pic!

newtoSig - thanks for the info.

I will now try to post another version of the "ebony and ivory" pic myself.

Boom![/QUOTE

3 out of 5 pistols can't be wrong...

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
I did not buy a Glock today, but did get the Zev trigger for my 34. Does that count? At least partially? Trying to perfect perfection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Hickok45's take on the new G41:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95YAUBUK4rA

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Jerry Miculek runs the gamut using a G41:

http://bearingarms.com/jerry-miculek-glock-41-review/

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
This thread did assist somewhat, in my purchase of 2 Gen 4's.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I still am looking for a G33. Looked on GB tonight and found a few. Maybe I need to post in the classified section.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
This thread did assist somewhat, in my purchase of 2 Gen 4's.

Does she come with adjustable backstraps too? Smile

Posts: 28687 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello; what would you guys think about such wear off on these gray parts of gen 4 Glock? I keep them wet with Brunox gun oil but I guess it's not looking nice as for pistol with only like 1500 round count?

Posts: 41 | Registered: August 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Your gun is a lot wetter than how I like to run my own. From the pic on the left it does look like something unusual is wearing with the rail points. It appears as if there are shaving debris on the right one, and maybe some gouging on the left rail. Both I'd consider not normal wear, especially for only 1500 rds down the pipe. At a glance the pic on the right alone doesn't strike me as being unusual, but in the context of both images it seems like there is a wear issue with your particular gun, given that with my own Glocks I've never experienced anything similar.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pawelm:
Hello; what would you guys think about such wear off on these gray parts of gen 4 Glock? I keep them wet with Brunox gun oil but I guess it's not looking nice as for pistol with only like 1500 round count?

Seems a lot of oil for a Glock.

I have been told by more than one very experienced Glock shooter that the oil recommendations in the owner's manual are all that is needed. Drop on each rail, on the connector, inside the slide in front of the barrel, the barrel lug itself, and one drop smeared around the barrel.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Finally fired my cracked frame (but stress relieved) Gen 2 G19 yesterday.
So far, no signs of the cracks spreading into the lower part of the frame.
Might turn out to be a decent pistol after all.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Yes I will buy a GLOCK

I picked up my GenII Glock 21 yesterday and am waiting another 16 days to DROS my Glock 19 also a Gen II....
Now there are three... I own more Glocks than any other make 36, 21, 19.

I'm going to add a 10mm set up to my Glock 21 since I have a few thousand rounds of starline brass from my old days reloading for my old Delta Elite...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Pawelm, it's hard to tell what's going on with your frame rails with them globbed up with oil. Maybe wipe all that stuff off and take some pics? I guess I'm not seeing what soggy spinout is seeing, I'm seeing gunked up frame rails from excess lube.

Posts: 17673 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
No matter what pistol I purchase, I just keep coming back to Glock. I've got it bad.

Posts: 3689 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Woo! Page 300 in just under 5 years!!!

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
How long before we hit one million views?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Pawelm, it's hard to tell what's going on with your frame rails with them globbed up with oil. Maybe wipe all that stuff off and take some pics? I guess I'm not seeing what soggy spinout is seeing, I'm seeing gunked up frame rails from excess lube.

^^^

RB