SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
I'm digging my G17 more and more.

Ive had a major craving for a 17 for several months now.

Ended up with a 34 instead Big Grin

I figured its just going to be a range gun. Might as well get the longer barrel 17.

Posts: 7403 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
If that upgraded Sigma works for you, then more power to ya...

Ouch.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
If that upgraded Sigma works for you, then more power to ya...

Ouch.

I call them like I see them... Wink
Swap the Glock take down with a Sig take down, give it uglier rails and you've got an M&P.

Posts: 4411 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting on my first Glock. Been buying and shooting Sigs for 20 years along with a number of other brands (sold everything else but the Sigs), but still haven't gotten my first Glock yet. If I ever find one I like it might come home with me...

Posts: 4784 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a G4 21 last month. My last 3 handgun purchased have been Glocks. Sad to say I have not bought a Sig since 2005.

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Well Jim, at least you walked out with a .40 cal. M&P. Many do prefer the M&P, over a Glock, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I had an M&P 9c for three years, and used it through many levels of my pistol training courses. I once thought I would never need to, or ever have a reason to buy a Glock.
But, once the Gen 4's arrived, with the few updates that were made.... the force was strong ....

At that point, I came over to the dark side. I picked up a gen4 G19 and G23 in the same year .. Big Grin

I have always preferred the compact models.

Shoot straight, be safe, and enjoy your pistol.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The one thing I like in the Glock over the M&P, is the 19/23/32 form factor. The full size M&P strikes me as too big for CC, and the compact is smaller than necessary. Given the vast numbers Glock has sold and continues to sell the G19 form factor is just about right. Smith could have easily make an M&P that size, but they chose not to.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Just bought a G4 21 last month. My last 3 handgun purchased have been Glocks. Sad to say I have not bought a Sig since 2005.

I tried to read your post but all I could focus on was your avatar... Wink

Posts: 4411 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My LGS has a 42 that I rented today. I really have no desire to own another .380 but I almost bought one today. I wish Glock had come out with the 42 a couple years ago.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
My LGS has a 42 that I rented today. I really have no desire to own another .380 but I almost bought one today. I wish Glock had come out with the 42 a couple years ago.

How was the recoil?
The only 380 I've ever shot is my LCP, and it isn't much fun..
I'm hoping to interest the wife in the G42.
Right now she prefers a very top heavy Beretta Mini-Cougar.
I think because that heavy slide tames 9mm recoil down a bit.

BTW, when I asked my range guy if he had a G42 to rent, he laughed at me..
He said he is selling them much faster than he can get them in...

posted Hide Post
quote:

If you have shot your G21 Gen 4, I am curious to know what your impressions are of it.

I have been doing some research on a full size semi-auto .45 (leading up to a purchase in the near future), and I keep circling back to the Glock.

Thanks,

Rob

Posts: 3588 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I tried to read your post but all I could focus on was your avatar... Wink

Post? What post??? I don't see any stinkin' post here!!! Eek

Posts: 4784 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:

If you have shot your G21 Gen 4, I am curious to know what your impressions are of it.

I have been doing some research on a full size semi-auto .45 (leading up to a purchase in the near future), and I keep circling back to the Glock.

Thanks,

Rob

I was in the same search and was interested in the 21 until I held it. I haven't held a 21sf but I hated the 21.

I did handle an fnx45 last night andi have to say I wish I had handled one before I bought my r1 enhanced. 15+1 and low profile hk style controls, very good trigger, plus 3 Mags for 699 at this particular place. Lot of gun for the money.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some money set aside for a new pistol and have been trying to decide what to add to the collection.

I decided I want to add a 45 but which one?

Always wanted a 220 and would love another sig but I am probably going to end up getting a companion for my G19 and get a 30S. I feel like am betraying myself. I am a hammer fired, decocker guy, whats wrong with me?

I know I will shoot it well.
Has as much capacity as a new 227.
I know I will carry it based on its size and weight.

Posts: 287 | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rybu0305:
I have some money set aside for a new pistol and have been trying to decide what to add to the collection.

I decided I want to add a 45 but which one?

Always wanted a 220 and would love another sig but I am probably going to end up getting a companion for my G19 and get a 30S. I feel like am betraying myself. I am a hammer fired, decocker guy, whats wrong with me?

I know I will shoot it well.
Has as much capacity as a new 227.
I know I will carry it based on its size and weight.

colt commander

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:
I bought several and tried glock for awhile. But I'm missed my sigs too much. Sold most of my glocks. Pulled my sigs back out of safe and bought a few hk's. Now I have a love affair with hk's too. But my sigs will always be #1.

Ha. Replying to my own post. Now...I sold most of my hk`s, put sigs in safe, and repurchased, and now loving/caring glocks AGAIN. I NEED HELP. LOL

Posts: 638 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How was the recoil?
The only 380 I've ever shot is my LCP, and it isn't much fun..
I'm hoping to interest the wife in the G42.
Right now she prefers a very top heavy Beretta Mini-Cougar.
I think because that heavy slide tames 9mm recoil down a bit.

BTW, when I asked my range guy if he had a G42 to rent, he laughed at me..
He said he is selling them much faster than he can get them in...

The recoil was very manageable. I had my Kahr CM9 on me and no intention to shoot it but I'm glad I had it because it was great to shoot the two next to each other. Recoil is a subjective thing, but the CM9 was definitely more harsh than the G42. The G42 felt like a pussycat honestly.

As it turned out I also had my LCP in my bag and ran a mag through it. The difference in felt recoil from the G42 to the LCP is, as is to be expected, significant.

The G42 is the nicest .380 I've shot aside from maybe the Beretta 84fs I used to own. I'm not a .380 connoisseur by any means and haven't shot them all of course. If I was in the market for a gun that size and recoil was an issue the G42 would be my pick.

I liked it so much I was running though all the guns in my safe trying to think of one I'd be willing to part with. The same dealer had a 42 on the shelf for $449. In the end I didn't buy it because the G42 isn't really any smaller than my CM9. I shoot my CM9 very well even with the harsher recoil (which really isn't all that bad) and the are several reasons why I prefer a 9mm round to a .380.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
The recoil was very manageable. I had my Kahr CM9 on me and no intention to shoot it but I'm glad I had it because it was great to shoot the two next to each other. Recoil is a subjective thing, but the CM9 was definitely more harsh than the G42. The G42 felt like a pussycat honestly.

As it turned out I also had my LCP in my bag and ran a mag through it. The difference in felt recoil from the G42 to the LCP is, as is to be expected, significant.

The G42 is the nicest .380 I've shot aside from maybe the Beretta 84fs I used to own. I'm not a .380 connoisseur by any means and haven't shot them all of course. If I was in the market for a gun that size and recoil was an issue the G42 would be my pick.

I liked it so much I was running though all the guns in my safe trying to think of one I'd be willing to part with. The same dealer had a 42 on the shelf for $449. In the end I didn't buy it because the G42 isn't really any smaller than my CM9. I shoot my CM9 very well even with the harsher recoil (which really isn't all that bad) and the are several reasons why I prefer a 9mm round to a .380.

Thanks for the response..

I carry my LCP or CM9 daily, but I do love my Glocks..
The main reason I'm considering buying the G42 is for my wife.
She doesn't like the size of my G19.
I'm hoping the G42 would be a better fit in her small hand..

I really wanted a G42 when the rumors of it's release started buzzing.
But after I saw it was bigger than my CM9 I passed on it.
I'd sure like to get the wife on my Glock bandwagon.. Big Grin

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the response..

I carry my LCP or CM9 daily, but I do love my Glocks..
The main reason I'm considering buying the G42 is for my wife.
She doesn't like the size of my G19.
I'm hoping the G42 would be a better fit in her small hand..

I really wanted a G42 when the rumors of it's release started buzzing.
But after I saw it was bigger than my CM9 I passed on it.
I'd sure like to get the wife on my Glock bandwagon.. Big Grin

I should have taken some pictures but when I set them on top of each other the size was pretty dang close. The G42 felt a lot slimmer in my hand for sure and to me was a more comfortable grip than the CM9. And I like the CM9. The way the gun felt in my hand had as much to do with me wanting it as the way I shot it was. Speaking of that I shot the G42 as well as I can shoot my CM9 from the first mag on. It felt very natural to me. Though my primary carry is a Glock 19 so I am used to Glocks. Not sure how much that would matter though.

I think Glock has a real winner in the G42 as far as sub-compact .380 pistols go. For me personally it's too little too late since I have an LCP and the CM9 already.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should have taken some pictures but when I set them on top of each other the size was pretty dang close. The G42 felt a lot slimmer in my hand for sure and to me was a more comfortable grip than the CM9. And I like the CM9. The way the gun felt in my hand had as much to do with me wanting it as the way I shot it was. Speaking of that I shot the G42 as well as I can shoot my CM9 from the first mag on. It felt very natural to me. Though my primary carry is a Glock 19 so I am used to Glocks. Not sure how much that would matter though.

I think Glock has a real winner in the G42 as far as sub-compact .380 pistols go. For me personally it's too little too late since I have an LCP and the CM9 already.

I would like to ask you this, how difficult was the slide racking of the G42?
The wife has handled my CM9, but had difficulty pulling the slide back, despite my push/pull advice.
I think the main reason she likes her Beretta mini-cougar (besides the name Wink ) is that the slide is so easy to pull back..