SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MT357Magnum:
I fondled a 30s today and really liked it, It was hard leaving the gun store without it.

Do it man, do it..

quote:
Originally posted by batex:
After years of resisting and detesting the Glock fanboy attitude, I caved and bought a Gen4 Glock 19 a few weeks ago. Well, I have to say I'm impressed. It'simple, understated, accurate and reliable. What's not to like? I really like the stock trigger and shot it almost as well as my tuned XMm 9mm that has had a trigger job and a longer sight radius. Well, I'm not going to sell all my Sigs but I can definitely see a few more Glocks heading home with me.

^ You see?
Herein lies the problem with most anti-Glock people.
They hate that we love our Glock pistols..
I can understand disliking the 'Glock rules and everything else sucks' Glock**** types, but the guys/gals around this forum appreciate the Glock for what it is, a great polymer combat pistol.
We love our Sigs and other firearms, but we have an appreciation of the simplicity and reliability of a Glock handgun...
Batex opened his mind and gave Glock a try, and now, he is, ONE OF US ............... Big Grin

Posts: 4389 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sigman940
posted Hide Post
Yes, I too have owned Glocks (G17, G19, G22 & G23) as well as Sigs but I sold all of my Glocks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigman940,

~ ante omnia armari

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigman940:
Yes, I too have owned Glocks (G17, G19, G22 & G23) as well as Sigs but I sold all of them.

Sold the Glocks and Sigs, or just the Glocks... Confused
Do tell, inquiring minds want to know... Big Grin
The suspense is killing me, I'll numb it down with another Shiner... Eek

And welcome to the forum... Cool

Posts: 4389 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Yup. I was about to pick up my second Glock today, a G19. Place was out of stock! Frown

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack the Hound
posted Hide Post
i just recently picked up my second glock. Now i have 2 gen 3 19s. I bought both from the same store about 2 years apart for 399. both were LNIB with zero wear. Im now looking for a 17...

I can shoot groups at 50 yards with my 226 that equal my 25 yard glock groups but size, weight, and sweatproofiness wins out over accuracy. That being said my glock groups at 25 yards are good, my sig is just stupid accurate.First time i put 18 rounds on a pie plate off hand at 50 i just stood there and giggled.

Posts: 1042 | Location: RI | Registered: January 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
When they expand their new single stack line from the .380 to the .40 and the 9mm I'll buy 2 more.

I've either bought, or been issued 5 glocks now. (2 I bought from a shop, 2 I was issued, and then I bought 1 of the issued guns from the dept.)

I can say that when I'm awake, I am always accompanied by one Glock. At work on my ankle is my G27 and then off work it is on my hip.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I'm meeting a guy at 12:30 today to purchase a Gen 1 G17..

TGT Gen 1 Glock 17

Pics to come... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by MT357Magnum:
I fondled a 30s today and really liked it, It was hard leaving the gun store without it.

Do it man, do it..

quote:
After years of resisting and detesting the Glock fanboy attitude, I caved and bought a Gen4 Glock 19 a few weeks ago. Well, I have to say I'm impressed. It'simple, understated, accurate and reliable. What's not to like? I really like the stock trigger and shot it almost as well as my tuned XMm 9mm that has had a trigger job and a longer sight radius. Well, I'm not going to sell all my Sigs but I can definitely see a few more Glocks heading home with me.

^ You see?
Herein lies the problem with most anti-Glock people.
They hate that we love our Glock pistols..
I can understand disliking the 'Glock rules and everything else sucks' Glock**** types, but the guys/gals around this forum appreciate the Glock for what it is, a great polymer combat pistol.
We love our Sigs and other firearms, but we have an appreciation of the simplicity and reliability of a Glock handgun...
Batex opened his mind and gave Glock a try, and now, he is, ONE OF US ............... Big Grin

That's what always turned me off to them. It wasn't the fact that people loved their Glocks. It was the attitude that Glock was the "only" dependable gun and every thing else was crap. I haven't seen it over here on this forum but on a lot of forums and to a lot of folks I've talked to. I made the first step in actually holding a few last week. I'm one step further from being a "hater". Big Grin

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only person around here that this is news to...is you. Razz

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Work is offering to let us buy back our 10 yr old Sig P226R .40's for $441. My first thought was I can buy a another new Glock for less.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Batex, I am glad you are catching up. I too have resisted and I'm hoping I'll get fixed by page 1000.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Batex, I am glad you are catching up. I too have resisted and I'm hoping I'll get fixed by page 1000.

So your a non-Glocker also. Page 1000? Humm that's a long time. I'll see if I can make it through this year before getting one.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Late 2014 at the outside, ese.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
The guy put the gun up around 22:00 last night on TGT, a Texas firearm trading site.
By the time he got up and checked it Friday morning, he had 12 emails inquiring about the pistol.
Mine was the first one... Big Grin
He could have gotten more than $425 for this pistol...IMHO

Anyway...
Looks great, black parts (even the frame serial number is black), minimal wear on the slide and barrel.
From what I can find it was made in November 1986, not sure if that is correct or not.
I'm not going to change a thing on this pistol, with the exception of trying to find an old stock guide rod.
The current guide rod is solid SS..
I'll do a total strip down and clean it up, but that is it...

I'm very happy with it, and that is really all that matters... Wink

Y'all have a great weekend...

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Congrats James it looks like you did good!

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
First pics of my new G41... I'll post a review when I get it to the range...

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Shot my GLOCK 36 last night doing double taps and such... Ive had and own a number of 45s. Somehow this little blaster is the best little 45 I've ever shot for SD use. Hides like a G26 it is Durable reliable and easy to shoot fast and accurate.. Kinda negates the need for any other small carry gun.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Shot my GLOCK 36 last night doing double taps and such... Ive had and own a number of 45s. Somehow this little blaster is the best little 45 I've ever shot for SD use. Hides like a G26 it is Durable reliable and easy to shoot fast and accurate.. Kinda negates the need for any other small carry gun.

Say something bad about it...I've been thinking about getting one of those as well. Help! Smile

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
NVBigEd, your serial number begins "WMD". Wink

Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NVBigEd:
First pics of my new G41... I'll post a review when I get it to the range...

Is that holster wear on the muzzle end of the slide already?

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post