SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The only ones that ever pointed naturally for me is the subcompact and fat frames.

This will be the 2nd (I think) 27 for me.

Peace

DCB <><

Posts: 16 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after i bought my P229 i bought a Glock 26 for ccw duty. It's a nice little gun and really easy to conceal but, no where near a comfy as a sig.

Posts: 14 | Registered: March 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCB12:
Guess what I got yesterday?
I know what you got today. You got on the list I keep, the one with the screen names of probable trolls.

Because you can't be for real.

quote:
Originally posted by Slimcakes:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Precognition
I used to have that sometimes
If a woman was really hot.
But I learned to think about baseball,
And that really helped a lot.
Coffee on my keyboard.....thanks Para.
Yeah, I'm a poetic melon farmer sometimes. Big Grin

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
So far I purchase the pierce plus 2 grip extensions even though I can only get one extra round in the mag so far & an extended slide release lever & slide takedown lever for my G/27

Maybe next Month I'll order a 9mm barrel & a few xtra mags for it, was going to do it a few weeks ago but purchased a Nano instead..

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DCB12:
Guess what I got yesterday?
I know what you got today. You got on the list I keep, the one with the screen names of probable trolls.

Because you can't be for real.

I am totally for real.

I don't care if I'm on your list.

I have a habit of changing my mind from time to time.

The 229 was to big for me to feel comfortable to carry.

Peace

DCB <><

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a habit of changing my mind from time to time.
Like changing shirts, apparently. It's difficult to take seriously anyone so fickle.

Glock Junkie
posted Hide Post
Para I sent you an email regarding a Glock Model.

Posts: 338 | Location: USA | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ban me then.

I just came to a place I thought I could talk about guns.

I'm out!

DCB <><

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just came to a place I thought I could talk about guns.
Oh we love to talk about guns, but you're out of your mind if you can't understand what you've said in this thread could raise suspicions: "It took me 12 Glocks, but I realized they're just not for me. Hey, look what I just bought! Another Glock!"

Now what in the Hell am I supposed to make of that? I mean, really.

You want to to discuss guns, do so. You want to troll this board, don't bother.

posted Hide Post
Never have trolled!

I may not keep this Glock...it's what I do.

Peace

DCB <><

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well then don't run off. If you like the board, hang out, but you have to look at what you've posted here and realize how it may look to others.

posted Hide Post
ps... the only gun I have ever kept is the very first one
I bought...Norinco 1911..it's been milled on, no blueing but boy does it shoot.

Peace

DCB <><

posted Hide Post
My G19 gen4 is my only plastic pistol and gets carried in rotation with my 220 compact SAO and a S&W 5906. As much as it pains me to say it, it is now my go to gun for EDC.

Posts: 101 | Location: West TN | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
19 or 26.... I know the obvious answer is both, just have enough for one.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
So, at present, the score in my house is Glocks 2 (21 and 23) and Sigs 1 (P229).

And the way the 23 shot this weekend, I'm not sure how long the P229 is going to have a job.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocketray
posted Hide Post
I shot a Glock for the very first time about a week ago. It was a G19 and after getting used to the trigger I shot some pretty nice groups. With that said, I didn't love the thing like I do my Sigs and my HK. I wouldn't mind owning a Glock, but it is so far down my firearms wish list that I'm not sure if I'll ever buy one. Only time will tell.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do we believe that the goal of government is to promote equal opportunity for all Americans to make the most of their lives? Or, do we now believe that government's role is to equalize the results of peoples lives?"
-Paul Ryan

Posts: 603 | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dar185:

Glock 19. It may very well be the best all around pistol available.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

The following is my own personal journey.....I began in law enforcement almost 12 years ago with extremely limited experience shooting handguns. Aside from my grandfather's .357 wheelguns growing up, and a .22 Ruger, which were shot occasionally, my experience was with long guns (.22, .30-30, .243, 12ga, 16ga, .410, etc).

We were sold the Glock Kool-Aid in the academy.....it's indestructible, it always goes bang, you all know the mantra. I drank it, not knowing any better; I converted & preached the Gospel According to Glock to any & all who would listen. And then something amazing happened.......about 10 years ago I actually SHOT another brand of handgun.

Not to make repeated Biblical references for those of you deny our Lord & Savior, but I literally felt like Paul on the road to Damascus.....the scales fell from my eyes! Holy shit! I never realized shooting could be, dare I say it.....FUN....that a pistol doesn't have to feel like holding a 2"x 4", that they make 'em with GOOD triggers instead of mushy (albeit infinitely repeatable) ones that feel like they just might break off at any moment, that they make pistols that point naturally & shoot groups that are better than "combat accurate".

The gun that changed the world for me? A Sig Sauer P220. I've since put upwards of 50,000 rounds through that pistol, and it's still my nightstand gun. I sold both Glocks (a G31 & a G21), haven't looked back, and will never own one again.

I have continued collecting pistols, have several 1911's, 3 P220's, an M&P .45 (lightly used & up for sale), a couple P226's, a P229, a Ruger GP100, & an H&K P2000. But no Glocks.

In my opinion, my journey through the pistol/shooting world has taken me further & further away from the Glock in particular & striker-fired pistols in general.

Posts: 1732 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rln_21:
I would die first!!!

You would have to pry that into my cold, dead, fingers...

Big Grin

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha
Amen.
Altough, that G18 aint TOO bad...

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of waco
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dar185:

I would go with the 26. You can always add finger extensions or larger mags for a fuller grip, but the 10 round standard mag is great for max concealment. The baby Glocks seem to be my favorite, the grip fits better in my hand and they point more naturally for me.

Cheers,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 837 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post