SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I have sold almost all my .45s, I was shifting to go all 9mm... but then my local gun shop had to go and let me fondle a G21.... ugh... I am trying to resist the pull!

To paraphrase the great Ricky Bobby:

It's like a tractor beam of Glockness!

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
As my resistance continues to weaken, I wonder: "Does the Gen 4 replace the Gen 3 entirely? That is, are new Gen 3 units headed for extinction? Perhaps I should go ahead and ask my LGS to get me a Gen 3 G27 before they're no longer available? I just like the "feel" of the Gen 3 better. Or maybe I should ask for a Gen 3 G26, as 9mm is presently more economical to shoot...."

Ive been wondering the same thing. At some point im sure they will quit making the Gen 3. Unless there is still a big demand for the Gen 3. If i remember right, its around 40 dollars cheaper than the Gen 4.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
As my resistance continues to weaken, I wonder: "Does the Gen 4 replace the Gen 3 entirely? That is, are new Gen 3 units headed for extinction? Perhaps I should go ahead and ask my LGS to get me a Gen 3 G27 before they're no longer available? I just like the "feel" of the Gen 3 better. Or maybe I should ask for a Gen 3 G26, as 9mm is presently more economical to shoot...."

Ive been wondering the same thing. At some point im sure they will quit making the Gen 3. Unless there is still a big demand for the Gen 3. If i remember right, its around 40 dollars cheaper than the Gen 4.

The Gen4 comes with three magazines which is a reason for the slightly higher price.

I was recently trying to decide between the Gen4 or sticking with the Gen3 and ended up finding and purchasing a NIB Gen3 17 and 19 both with RTF frame. The Gen3 fits me great and I love the RTF frame! I will be picking up a Gen4 next.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Gen 3 myself, I have a 19, 17, and 34. I sold my 23 just because I didnt want a .40 anymore. I am trying hard to resist the G21, the SF model was awesome. Ugh... dont want more .45s...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
The Gen4 comes with three magazines which is a reason for the slightly higher price.
40 bucks for one magazine? And I don't know if I'd call a 40 dollar increase "slightly" higher. That's, what, about an 8 percent increase in street price?

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by CH10:
I rejected Glocks for several years, they just never felt right. Then I found a deal on a gen 2 G17 and found out the finger grooves on the new ones ruin it for me. I've had it for 6 months and haven't had it out of the safe but one of these days I'll get around to it.

I had the same problem with the finger grooves. I went through 4 different Gen3 Glock 19's, and ended up selling them all out of frustration. Then I got a Gen2 19 a few years ago and it's been perfect for me. The same is true when shooting a Gen3 17. For some reason, the fingergrooves don't bother me when shooting the G26.

I agree, Both my G22 and G19 are Gen2's I'm not a fan of the finger grooves

Same here. I put the dremel to mine. I know that freaks a lot of people out but now it fits like it was made for my hand. (Which it kinda was)

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by CH10:
I rejected Glocks for several years, they just never felt right. Then I found a deal on a gen 2 G17 and found out the finger grooves on the new ones ruin it for me. I've had it for 6 months and haven't had it out of the safe but one of these days I'll get around to it.

I had the same problem with the finger grooves. I went through 4 different Gen3 Glock 19's, and ended up selling them all out of frustration. Then I got a Gen2 19 a few years ago and it's been perfect for me. The same is true when shooting a Gen3 17. For some reason, the fingergrooves don't bother me when shooting the G26.

Never liked the finger grooves and my middle finger under the trigger guard. I know you can get some work done on it and round out the edges, but at the time I thought the angel did not work for me.

Now two years later, my neighbor gets in his first Glock a 19, he placed a Pacmayr (spelling?) grip on it, and it felt great. now I plan to join him and bring about 200 rounds to run through the 19, just to make sure I don’t want one.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 23 and a 21. I wish they were all metal and not part plastic. I have a Kimber pro carry II and a P6 and shoot both better than my glock. It must be me!

Posts: 20 | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmak:
I wish they were all metal and not part plastic.
You can buy metal frames for Glocks. I know at least one company is doing this.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now two years later, my neighbor gets in his first Glock a 19, he placed a Pacmayr (spelling?) grip on it, and it felt great. now I plan to join him and bring about 200 rounds to run through the 19, just to make sure I don’t want one.

My EDC Gen4 G23 wears a Pachmayr glove and my FDE version will get the same treatment once Amazon delivers it. Virtually obliterates the whole finger groove feeling though it also thoroughly negates the 2mm downsizing from the Gen3 that the Gen4 grip brings to table. But no finger grooves...that's absolute bliss for me. Only (minor) downside is that it tends to creep around a bit on the grip.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MSG21
posted Hide Post
Glocks are great guns.

I've owned four (22, 23, and 27 X 2).
However, I now find myself Glockless.

I will own another some day, however it will be a 9mm. Most likely a Gen 2 G17 if I find one and the price is right.

“Pray not for lighter burdens but for stronger backs.”

Posts: 264 | Location: Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one years ago and have shot several others. No matter what I do I shoot glocks to the left. So no, I won't buy another glock again (got rid of the one I had). It is a good weapon, it just doesn't work for me.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
I bought one years ago and have shot several others. No matter what I do I shoot glocks to the left. So no, I won't buy another glock again (got rid of the one I had). It is a good weapon, it just doesn't work for me.

Let me guess...you are right handed. It's not the gun...

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

I don't believe they can ever sell the Gen4's in California or other states which have approved gun lists.

California requires the safety features that the Ruger's such as the P345 provide now.

If you want to sell guns in certain states you have to provide the features period. California, Massachusetts, and possibly others limit glocks.

Massachusetts citizens cannot purchase new glocks. They lack required features.

I think California is the same.

The california market is fairly large. I don't think Glock will drop the Gen 3 until they can address it.

Likely this means a 'civilian' glock someday that diverges from the Police glock.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
I was at the range Sunday shooting my 35, and the guy next to me had a 24. I just about jumped him, I wanted one so bad. Damn! Back to the LGS, I guess. Argh. What you do to me, Para... Smile

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Practical:
The California market is fairly large. I don't think Glock will drop the Gen 3 until they can address it.

Good. That gives me some time to store up the funds (again). Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, talk about jumping into a thread late! I owned my first Glock, a Gen 1, back in the late eighties.I've had several since then, and have pared them down to only 9's, until tonight. Tonight I picked up a G21, Gen4, and unless I'm badly mistaken, I'm really gonna like this pistol. Next up will be a G30SF. Already had an old style G30, but the SF will suit me better. Also may replace the G36 that I let get away a couple of years ago. Good, no, excellent pistols.

Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I swore for years that I would never buy a Glock.

I bought my 3rd and 4th today, a new Gen 3 G17 and a new Gen 4 G17 with a FDE frame. I traded out of my Sig P220 Elite. I have the Glock fever pretty bad; and I just need a 17L and a 26 to round out my 9mm collection Smile

It's only a matter of time until everybody comes around to buying one, and I'm working on a few of my friends right now. They all agree that my G34 is basically the best thing since sliced bread!

Posts: 18 | Location: The Coastal Bend | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinky:
It's only a matter of time until everybody comes around to buying one, and I'm working on a few of my friends right now. They all agree that my G34 is basically the best thing since sliced bread!

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Just traded for a Glock 19 Gen3 Flat Dark Earth. Methinks it'll accessorize well with my baby-poop OD green G26 and G17.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post