SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
When I first saw the term "FDE" I thought is was some sort of failure, like FTE or FTF.

What is fde?

Flat Dark Earth

Posts: 7403 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 51carry
posted Hide Post
I recently shot a .45 caliber glock. The first glock I ever shot. I will never buy one. I will stick with.my P-220.

Luck is not a strategy, but it counts nonetheless.

Posts: 22 | Registered: July 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 51carry:
I recently shot a .45 caliber glock. The first glock I ever shot. I will never buy one.
Of course not. We understand. Big Grin

Posts: 109087 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 51carry:
I recently shot a .45 caliber glock. The first glock I ever shot. I will never buy one. I will stick with.my P-220.

But you didn't say you did not like it...It's always that way with forbidden fruit, Eve had the same problem. Look where that got her... Razz

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still looking for para's spot
posted Hide Post
Nope - no Glock for me. Shot about 50 rounds through one 14 years ago, never tripped it for me like a P229. I know several people who have them and love them - but I'm not one. More power to all of you who own and like them. There's at least one out there you can fight over, 'cause I'm not buyin'.

Posts: 11 | Location: Western MD | Registered: April 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaGrinch:
Nope - no Glock for me. Shot about 50 rounds through one 14 years ago, never tripped it for me like a P229. I know several people who have them and love them - but I'm not one. More power to all of you who own and like them. There's at least one out there you can fight over, 'cause I'm not buyin'.
This is your first post in this forum? Roll Eyes

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
First Glock (22) could be mine in a short while, but it will be issued to me Big Grin I just might have to buy a 23 for CC for my first Glock purchase.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2548 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Still in the closet.

quote:
Originally posted by DaGrinch:

Posts: 3689 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
Still in the closet.

Nope, not in the closet. I'm telling you, they just don't do a thing for me and I don't shoot enough to really be a connoisseur of weapons. I know what I like and I stick with it. I can appreciate those of you that are die-hard shooters and your likes and dislikes.
I've had a total of 6 handguns in the 40+ years I've been able to vote. Presently, I have 2. I carried an issued weapon for over 35 years - 5 different models (wheel and semi) over that time period. None were Glocks. The one Glock I shot, I ran 50 rounds through - and I could have shot several more boxes if I wished. But, I wasn't impressed. Like I said, there's an extra Glock out there y'all can fight over.

Posts: 11 | Location: Western MD | Registered: April 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is your first post in this forum? Roll Eyes

It was at the time. Had to start somewhere. I'm not shy - I'll jump into the fray.

posted Hide Post
I rejected Glocks for several years, they just never felt right. Then I found a deal on a gen 2 G17 and found out the finger grooves on the new ones ruin it for me. I've had it for 6 months and haven't had it out of the safe but one of these days I'll get around to it.

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put money down on my first "baby Glock" a 26 today.
Never had one if the sub- compacts before, hope it's as good as the bigger ones?

And DaGrinch; Don't worry one day you'll be lookin around in a gun shop and there'll be this Glock and IT WILL SPEAK TO YOU! "Hey Mister, Take me home!" and you will. It's how I wind up with the ones I have! Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 475 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CH10:
I rejected Glocks for several years, they just never felt right. Then I found a deal on a gen 2 G17 and found out the finger grooves on the new ones ruin it for me. I've had it for 6 months and haven't had it out of the safe but one of these days I'll get around to it.

I had the same problem with the finger grooves. I went through 4 different Gen3 Glock 19's, and ended up selling them all out of frustration. Then I got a Gen2 19 a few years ago and it's been perfect for me. The same is true when shooting a Gen3 17. For some reason, the fingergrooves don't bother me when shooting the G26.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by CH10:

I had the same problem with the finger grooves. I went through 4 different Gen3 Glock 19's, and ended up selling them all out of frustration. Then I got a Gen2 19 a few years ago and it's been perfect for me. The same is true when shooting a Gen3 17. For some reason, the fingergrooves don't bother me when shooting the G26.

I agree, Both my G22 and G19 are Gen2's I'm not a fan of the finger grooves

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10376 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badkarma 1:
I just put money down on my first "baby Glock" a 26 today.
Never had one if the sub- compacts before, hope it's as good as the bigger ones?

And DaGrinch; Don't worry one day you'll be lookin around in a gun shop and there'll be this Glock and IT WILL SPEAK TO YOU! "Hey Mister, Take me home!" and you will. It's how I wind up with the ones I have! Dale

If that ever happens, I will humbly eat 10 pounds of crow. But, being though it's been about 15 years between my most recent gun purchase and the previous one, you can see I'm not prone to buying a lot of handguns. Besides, my wife has several projects that need to be completed around the house - not a "honey do" list - she makes a spreadsheet! And keeping her happy is more important to me than collecting guns.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's terrific. Now get out of my thread.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whtwolf14:
I got a Gen4 G26 in the works. Can't wait to get my mitts on that thing. Cool

....a little teaser picture until you pick yours up.
You're gonna love it, I'm impressed every time I shoot mine. The gun's a real homerun.

Posts: 3586 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That's terrific. Now get out of my thread.

Big Grin You have a good day, too.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have sold almost all my .45s, I was shifting to go all 9mm... but then my local gun shop had to go and let me fondle a G21.... ugh... I am trying to resist the pull!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
As my resistance continues to weaken, I wonder: "Does the Gen 4 replace the Gen 3 entirely? That is, are new Gen 3 units headed for extinction? Perhaps I should go ahead and ask my LGS to get me a Gen 3 G27 before they're no longer available? I just like the "feel" of the Gen 3 better. Or maybe I should ask for a Gen 3 G26, as 9mm is presently more economical to shoot...."

God bless America.

Posts: 13883 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post