SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock Glocks
I think that's more accurate for most of us. Bought a G26 last week, and now I have more Glocks than any other make. How did that happen?

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
quote:
You will buy a Glock Glocks
I think that's more accurate for most of us. Bought a G26 last week, and now I have more Glocks than any other make. How did that happen?

I have no idea, I like to spread the love around with my limited gun funds. I don't own two models from any one manufacturer.

Not that I don't have multiple guns from a single company on my want list, but there are enough out there that I don't have them "yet".

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok... a question for you Gen4 Glock owners.

Does any of the back-straps feel like a SIG in the hand?

Peace

DCB <><

Posts: 16 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCB12:

Peace

Looking for magic number 13?

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the grip is good then maybe...that has always been the issue...except with the large framed Glock's (21 etc.)

Peace

DCB <><

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Honestly a Glock is a Glock it is not going to feel like a Sig in your hand.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's all about the way it points when I pick it up....a normal Glock points high and I have to break my wrist to bring the front sight down.
Was wondering if the new back-straps will help in this matter.

I know it will not feel like a SIG.

Peace

DCB <><

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCB12:
It's all about the way it points when I pick it up....a normal Glock points high and I have to break my wrist to bring the front sight down.
Was wondering if the new back-straps will help in this matter.

I know it will not feel like a SIG.

Peace

Why not call around to some local gun ranges and see if they have a Gen 4 that you can rent.

Or if you would put your location in your profile, there might be a forum member local to you that might let you try theirs out.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
Bought a G26 last week, and now I have more Glocks than any other make. How did that happen?

It's like bunnies. They just start to reproduce. Right now I have more Glocks than other guns and am debating selling my HKs and SIG and just make my house a Glock house (for handguns) so that all the guns are the same. Easier for me, easier for my family.

I don't really shoot the HK or SIG much anymore. I haven't taken them out this year, I meant to, but it's just easier to shoot the Glocks since I have range mags at work that I make the rookies load for me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I am bidding adieu to this thread. I appreciate Para for initiating it and have enjoyed many of the comments over the months (years, maybe? I dunno -- Para might have a count). But after so many posts of pictures I've simply got to move on -- after all, a G26 is a G26 is a G26 is a G26. Glock USA will tell you no one's G26 is any different from anyone else's G26 (or G20, G17, G21, G28, G-whatever, unless something unusual has been done to it. No, this night sight or that night sight is not something unusual.

What is unusual is the fact that all (or nearly all) manufacturers are now making polymer-framed handguns. Glock led the way and all these comments (mostly from Sig owners) about "plastic" guns -- they only show a writer's ignorance of what's going on in the business. Glock's virtually indestructible frame, safety trigger and internal mechanism have been copied ad infinitum, which is testimony enough to the idea Gaston Glock came up with back in the 1980s. What's the line -- imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

I'm a Sig owner and love'em, but Glock has led the way and Para is correct when he says that sooner or later you will -- or should -- own one. Right now, Springfield XD is leading the way with their new .45 single stack, a tiny thing -- five shot plus one in the hole -- that makes Glock's G36 look enormous. But competition is the name of the game and Glock might follow up one of their own one of these days. Interestingly, S & W's newest guns a manufactured in the good ole US or A, which means something to me.

The best thing going in this thread are sincere requests for more information about this or that, and members are always jumping in with answers, and that's good and helpful -- after all, we help each other, right? But after all these threads of virtually identical pictures of various models and people saying I bought this or that, hey, guys, I gotta go, OK? Gimme a call if something changes.

No need to say adios, stick it, good riddance or anything like that -- the notifications are OFF and I won't see it. But I've enjoyed it; it's just time for me to go. Best of everything, guys and gals! I bid the thread adieu.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
posted by DCB12,
quote:

The Gen 4 (without any backstraps installed) does a thinner backstrap than the 3rd Gen which in my opinion is a change for the better.

I would not go so far to say the Gen4 changes make a Glock feel more like a Sig but the ergos/thinner grip does feel a bit better than the 3rd Gen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will see if I can find one to try.

Peace

DCB <><

Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
They're still ugly as hell, but they do multiply like rabbits. I wish there was a vaccination for this, but the only shots I get are at the bull. Hell, I even cleaned the three four I already own...once. See, I lost count already. And the fourth fifth one arrives Thursday.

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Today is the 3 year anniversary of this thread.

Nice!

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
aaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

IT'S.....ALIIIIIIVE!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Congrats on an epic thread! I really enjoy it.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zimman20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trover:
They're still ugly as hell, but they do multiply like rabbits. I wish there was a vaccination for this, but the only shots I get are at the bull. Hell, I even cleaned the three four I already own...once. See, I lost count already. And the fourth fifth one arrives Thursday.

LOL

Quit this thread? NEVER! Big Grin

--------------------------------------------------------------
zman

P229 SAS
Sig 1911 STX

Posts: 936 | Location: Stanley, NC | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dsparil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

I've owned four of them and could never get around to liking them much. Sorry. I'm a solid Beretta fan with 1911s and SIG next in line.

Posts: 297 | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dsparil:
quote:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

I've owned four of them and could never get around to liking them much. Sorry. I'm a solid Beretta fan with 1911s and SIG next in line.

It took 4 of them for you decide that?

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dsparil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
Originally posted by Dsparil:
quote:

It took 4 of them for you decide that?

First one was a Glock 19 3rd gen which did not fit my hand at the time due to my weight(i've lost some weight since then and actually managed one just fine in the academy). I traded it for the Gen 2.
Second one was a Gen 2 which I DO regret selling since the grip was like new. It's the one Glock I do miss. I had other pistols so I sold it to help fund my first precision rifle. Didn't have a lot of money at the time.
Third was a Gen 3 17. Never could get a good grip due to the curvature of the grip. Sold it.
Fourth was another Second Gen. Got rid of it when I needed the money. Don't miss it due to the beat up frame. Got it only as a car gun.

I am kind of interested in the gen 4 due to the more subtle grip. We'll see.

Posts: 297 | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post