SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dsparil:
I've owned four of them and could never get around to liking them much. Sorry. I'm a solid Beretta fan with 1911s and SIG next in line.
Sure. Wink

Razz

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot a G17 Gen4 that had some trigger work done. I liked it enough to think about getting a Glock.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
This thread did it's job on me ..... as I picked up my very first Glock this year, a Gen4 G19 ... Big Grin
After 14 other pistols.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handled a 36 yesterday....that is one that I could live with. I wish Glock would make a full size single stack 45.

Peace

DCB <><

Posts: 16 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Precognition

Noun

1. knowledge of a future event or situation, especially through extrasensory means.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7652 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Precognition
I used to have that sometimes
If a woman was really hot.
But I learned to think about baseball,
And that really helped a lot.

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
And now is the time to buy!

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
Now I have gone from a Glock hater to my areas Glock guy. So far I have done work on 29 Glocks since last September. Glocks are great simple easy guns that shoot well. My G19 has become my favorite pistol. My Sig is sitting in an underwear drawer next to a Hk USP.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1275 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Glock is like a super-massive black hole. Once you get within its gravitational influence, it's a done deal. Wink

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
The police department I retired from is in the process of hiring a new chief. Why should I care, given I haven't worked there in nearly four years? Because as a retiree with CCW privileges, I can only carry firearms that active officers (where I worked) are allowed by policy to carry on or off-duty. While they and us "has beens" have plenty of options, striker fired pistols aren't among them.

If the new chief approves Glocks, it means my old Model 23 comes out of mothballs for the first time in 15 years and I will be a happy camper!!! Much as I hate to admit it, I've never carried a concealed pistol that so perfectly met my criteria for size, reliability, magazine capacity, accuracy, ease of operation and stopping power. Except for the "10-8 Performance" sights and a solid, stainless steel recoil spring guide, my Model 23 is stock and probably the least attractive looking pistol that I own, but it works.

Keeping my fingers crossed....

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10263 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah. Glock is like a super-massive black hole. Once you get within its gravitational influence, it's a done deal. Wink

Tell me about it!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 8011 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para,
Respectfully the title of this thread should be:
"You will buy Glocks" Smile
I love Sig, had several for years but I tore both Rotator Cuffs about 3 years ago.
Had the right one repaired a year or more ago, still need to get the left done. NOT looking forward to the recovery.

Several months ago at the range I finally accepted the fact I cannot shoot Sigs as well as I used to.
The weight was really bothering me after a while.
Next trip tried the 19 and 17 and decided to sell of the Sigs and replace them with Glocks.
No regrets and perhaps in the future when all is healed I'll pick up a few Sigs again.

EBP 1- G19
EBP 2- G17
EBP 3- G34

Posts: 308 | Location: FL-Palm Beach County | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
You know....there's just something so right about a Glock. If loving Glock is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Posts: 3689 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
So what did you name your Glock?

OLD FAITHFUL my G21 spits out ammo like no tommarrow got a G19 for wife for christmas just got a sig sauer 1911-22 with my tax money mainly cuz glock don't make a 22lr in a whole gun
I am a glock fanatic

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Roger H,

Posts: 8 | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I have to go to Kommiefornia this weekend. Since I don't own any neutered mags, my solution was to go out and buy a new Glock 30SF. Big Grin

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rdeschain:
Para,
I love Sig, had several for years but I tore both Rotator Cuffs about 3 years ago.
Had the right one repaired a year or more ago, still need to get the left done. NOT looking forward to the recovery.

Several months ago at the range I finally accepted the fact I cannot shoot Sigs as well as I used to.
Next trip tried the 19 and 17 and decided to sell of the Sigs and replace them with Glocks.
No regrets and perhaps in the future when all is healed I'll pick up a few Sigs again.

EBP 1- G19
EBP 2- G17
EBP 3- G34

You are a G26 away from having all 4 food groups.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Push the envelope.
Watch it bend.
Picture of DonovanM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rdeschain:
Para,

EBP 1- G19
EBP 2- G17
EBP 3- G34

I love that 34! Here's mine, still with the stock sights. My Sevignys are backordered Frown

Posts: 2497 | Location: WA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Precognition
I used to have that sometimes
If a woman was really hot.
But I learned to think about baseball,
And that really helped a lot.

Coffee on my keyboard.....thanks Para.

Posts: 6311 | Location: Orlando, Florida, U.S. | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess what I got yesterday?

Peace

DCB <><

Posts: 16 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCB12:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DCB12:
I have owned 12 different Glocks. I have tried very hard to keep one and love it.....not happening.
Manna from Heaven. You can't be for real. That statement of yours perfectly illustrates my point about Glocks, too perfectly. C'mon, say it ain't so, man. Tell me you're only joshing, before I come off looking like Nostradamus. Razz

Nope....I'm done. I have not tried the Gen 4 guns, but the grip is way off for me. I have to break my wrist to bring the front sight down.
They are dependable and accurate enough...but the grip is my main issue.

Peace

Hmmmmmmm, so this makes 13?

You just dont learn, do you?

Posts: 7403 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post