SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
IBTL
posted Hide Post
Acquired a G19 Gen 4 for the wife a few months ago. She really enjoys shooting it and is very accurate with it.

I put Gold dot 124 +p in it.

Nice pistol.

Posts: 15932 | Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
I owned a Glock a few months back and sold it because I didn't like the grip angle, feel, and being left-handed doesn't work out well for me and Glocks. But, I want to buy another for some reason. The dark side of the force is very powerful! I must complete my Jedi training before I confront Vader.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
I've got a 20, 26 and 34 and am thinking of picking up a 19 and 35. I've got the fever, and it's burning hot. May sell some of my Sigs, as except for the 229s, I never shoot them.

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Imagine the strength of character involved when someone wants to give you an item worth several hundred dollars, and you turn it down on principle.

Yeah, good on you 21Bravo for standing up for your beliefs. No one's gonna be able to take that away from you, except you.

So I'm telling you you're gonna end up buying that Glock. Ain't no one gonna give you a free Glock.

I never liked them at all, that is why I never wanted one. As I stated before, I'd rather have a SIG or a Colt.... Money isn't everything in life, especially when I don't have much right now.....

Posts: 58 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220forever:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Swain0351:
quote:
Originally posted by 21Bravo:
If someone gave me a Glock I wouldn't take it. Never liked them. I rather have/use a Sig,Colt or even a Beretta.

If someone gives you a Glock, you can pass that puppy on to me. I will happily take it.
I tell you guys, we are in the presence of greatness. Imagine the strength of character involved when someone wants to give you an item worth several hundred dollars, and you turn it down on principle. No strings attached. You don't have to do anything in exchange. We're just going to give you an item you could turn around and sell, and then do whatever you wish with the cash, but nay! Nay, I say!! They shan't! They won't! They cannot compromise their hatred for the Glorp, not even to turn it to their advantage!

I mean, that's...uhh...that's...something, isn't it? Razz

It is a puzzlement oh Great One. Confused

Bends the senses. YESSIR.

Oh, and I wasn't joking 21Bravo. You get a free Glock, Hook a brotha up.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!!! VEE VILL NOT BUY ZEE GLOCKEN! VEE VILL CALL ZEM UGLY UND MASK OUR LOVE!

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21Bravo:

I never liked them at all, that is why I never wanted one.

Its not like most people wanted to like the Glock ever since the G17 first hit our shores back in the mid 80's. Glocks are like an irresistable force and we are not immovable objects. Eventually, objectivity over emotional subjectivity wins out. We've been compelled to adopt them and have even learned to love them. Because as arcwelder76 correctly pointed out these are tools first and anything else is emotional fluff. And with the Glock design there's isn't much ambivalence or doubt about that. Yes, they are very different in that way and that made all the difference in the world.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatGonzo:
I've owned several, never kept one. I was young. I was confused. I wanted to experiment a little. Rebel against the establishment. But I felt so dirty and ashamed.
Gonzo

Crap. I said I would never own another one. But I just bought one. A Glock 32 Blue Label with 3 mags for $375?!? How could I resist?!? I'm only human!!!!! Oh...the shame.
Gonzo

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3095 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think somewhere in this thread I mentioned a post put up on this board many years ago. It said something to the effect of "I don't like Glocks. I own nine of them".
You can find similar comments all throughout this thread. It's obvious to me that the practical aspect of shooting Glocks is conflicting with the prejudices of the shooter.

This makes for funny posts, and an amused admin. Razz

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
I've been avoiding Glocks in favor of M&Ps, but I think I might have passed them over too quickly. I decided that I better buy a Glock 19 just to be fair. Smile

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a lot of people favor S&W's fancier copy of the Glock, but underneath the "M&P" moniker, that pistol is a Glock at heart.

The same goes for S&W's facacta Sigma.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
I have finally come to realize what my problem has been with the Glock pistol.

Deciding which model to buy ..... Roll Eyes

19... 23 ...32 ?

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, a lot of people favor S&W's fancier copy of the Glock, but underneath the "M&P" moniker, that pistol is a Glock at heart.

Much to do is made about how the grip feels and especially how it looks. This has been true ever since Glocks competitors have been coming up with their own variations, not just the M&P. But these "artificial sweetners" and fancier packaging can't change the fact you're still not getting a Glock. They're not the same. Every Glock inspired Glock like pistol has to start at zero and what's revealed is that they have strengths and weaknesses different from Glock.

The often made assumption that its a Glock but looks "nicer" with a better feeling grip is simply untrue.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
That statement is so true. I had the M&P 9c, and it was a wonderful shooting pistol. Great for carry, and at the range. But, I'm over that now. I have a Glock itch ... Big Grin
quote:

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leejack
posted Hide Post
I've been reading through this thread since I joined the forum, you just can't buy entertainment like this. Smile

Posts: 302 | Location: The Alamo! | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vsp39o2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatGonzo:
Crap. I said I would never own another one. But I just bought one. A Glock 32 Blue Label with 3 mags for $375?!? How could I resist?!? I'm only human!!!!! Oh...the shame.
Gonzo

Welcome to the bath house...Please use a towel on the benches... Razz

And the flipflops are strongly recommended.

------------------------------
The pool's in,
but the patio ain't dry.

Posts: 1814 | Location: greater metro Tar Bay | Registered: March 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to admit, it did take me 13 years to buy another Glock. I had a G23 in the late 80's and hated it (sold it for a Sig P220). I now have a Gen 3 G19 NIBX and like it. I actually bought some pre-ban mags that I had a year before I bought the gun! I figured by having the mags I needed to eventually buy the gun! Smile

It does not shoot as tight as my Sigs but that has more to do with the trigger and sights.

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
That statement is so true. I had the M&P 9c, and it was a wonderful shooting pistol. Great for carry, and at the range. But, I'm over that now. I have a Glock itch ... Big Grin
quote:

I did not like GLOCKS.
I did not like them, they felt like blocks.
I did not like them with a glass of TANG.
I did not like them, though they always went bang.
I did not like a GLOCK, though as a tool, they simply rock!

I bought 4 XDs in various sizes and calibers trying to skirt around the 'GLOCK issue'.
I now have 3 GLOCKs and only 2 XDs left. And one of those is supposedly sold to a friend of mine.

Posts: 6305 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I don't remember if i have ever commented in this thread or not, but i've always been fairly anti-glock for one reason or another. i have shot two different glocks only on two different occasions and didn't feel like they were anything i needed to run out and buy...

But as i now have 3 different p229s and see no immediate need for another gun as i now have a EDC piece and a couple i just love to shoot... I'm seeing a possible future need for a 'truck gun' i can keep in the car; it would be my toss-it-in-the-shit gun. and while i usually simply find humor in this long-winded and repetitious thread, i'm now going to join the masses and say that i, too - a fellow glock hater, may consider a glock for the beat-it-to-hell, i-don't-care-if-it's-an-ugly-son-of-a-bitch gun i may need.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aces an Eights
Picture of SC_Mike
posted Hide Post
I started out not liking them at all. For years even.

Then I wanted a reliable, light weight, fairly hi cap weapon that it wouldn't matter if is showed holster wear, or even rust on the outside of the slide.

Now I have one on my hip and one in the truck that share magazines/calibers/holsters.

______________________________V_____________________________

Pugnabo liber maneat.

Posts: 11378 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post