SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock....
And what do you know, I just did. Smile
quote:
....and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.
That remains to be seen, but God I hope not. That would be.....creepy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm getting closer... I picked up four Glock magazines last night. Big Grin

They're for my brother's G23, but the G-lust is getting stronger.

Hey, here's a thought: maybe when my brother pays up on what he owes me, I'll have enough for a G27! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have wanted a Glock 19 for years now. I've resisted. It's been hard.

Posts: 3532 | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conspirator of Mopery
Picture of dbldwn11
posted Hide Post
I gave in to the Glock bug long ago. I own plenty of Sigs, a few HK's a Beretta and a couple Smiths, but for basic functionality, nothing beats the Glock IMO. It's the Ford pickup of handguns.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: March 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beefangusbeef:
I have wanted a Glock 19 for years now. I've resisted. It's been hard.

Took my G19 to the range earlier tonight. Pure Bliss...as if you needed any more encouragement. Smile

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting a Glock 19 for sometime and finally bought a nice G19 Gen 3 frame with NBIX coating. I had a Glcok 23 40 in the late 90's but did not like it. I took the 19 to the range yesterday to break it in with Federal 115 FMJ and Winchester 147 Gr JHP ammo. First shot was a FTF but no problems for the next 150 rds. I was in the black at 33ft but it does not shoot as tightly as my German sigs which all group within 2' at this distance. I need to get use to the Glock trigger and I'm not fond of the Glock rear outlined sight. I love the Sig's contrast post/dot the best. The Glock just needs some treaking but I do like it much better than the 23 so it is a keeper.

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
I currently only have 4 (17,21,26 and a 30/36 hybrid)... but more are going to happen.

I'm not a hoarder so I have sold some and now have three Gen4s (17, 21, 26). I really love the 4th Generation. The little tweaks make a big difference for me.

Waiting on a G34G4. Really want one.... badly.

Simply put, there is no other handgun I would prefer in my hands during a gunfight.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildflush:
I have been wanting a Glock 19 for sometime and finally bought a nice G19 Gen 3 frame with NBIX coating. I had a Glcok 23 40 in the late 90's but did not like it. I took the 19 to the range yesterday to break it in with Federal 115 FMJ and Winchester 147 Gr JHP ammo. First shot was a FTF but no problems for the next 150 rds. I was in the black at 33ft but it does not shoot as tightly as my German sigs which all group within 2' at this distance. I need to get use to the Glock trigger and I'm not fond of the Glock rear outlined sight. I love the Sig's contrast post/dot the best. The Glock just needs some treaking but I do like it much better than the 23 so it is a keeper.

I think you mean 2". Grouping within 2' would send some of 'em off the target.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I think I will be buying another one very soon.

Posts: 2233 | Registered: January 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If someone gave me a Glock I wouldn't take it. Never liked them. I rather have/use a Sig,Colt or even a Beretta.

Posts: 58 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21Bravo:
If someone gave me a Glock I wouldn't take it.
he he. Of course you wouldn't. Razz

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
quote:
If someone gave me a Glock I wouldn't take it. Never liked them. I rather have/use a Sig,Colt or even a Beretta.

If someone gives you a Glock, you can pass that puppy on to me. I will happily take it.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
I'll pay for shipping if anybody wants to give me a Glock.

Posts: 10026 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Bidding a G21 SF RTF. It is was made up for a Sheriff's Office in NC. Hope to win it!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swain0351:
quote:

If someone gives you a Glock, you can pass that puppy on to me. I will happily take it.
I tell you guys, we are in the presence of greatness. Imagine the strength of character involved when someone wants to give you an item worth several hundred dollars, and you turn it down on principle. No strings attached. You don't have to do anything in exchange. We're just going to give you an item you could turn around and sell, and then do whatever you wish with the cash, but nay! Nay, I say!! They shan't! They won't! They cannot compromise their hatred for the Glorp, not even to turn it to their advantage!

I mean, that's...uhh...that's...something, isn't it? Razz

posted Hide Post
Call me weak of character, and lacking of any principles, but I for one would take the Glock and be very happy. I add to this I am not even a Glock fan, but I know what Glocks can and will do and that is excel in any environment, and do it in a manner that surpasses most. I will own a G19 someday just because I think everyone should, it’s like a rite of passage.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Swain0351:
quote:

I tell you guys, we are in the presence of greatness. Imagine the strength of character involved when someone wants to give you an item worth several hundred dollars, and you turn it down on principle. No strings attached. You don't have to do anything in exchange. We're just going to give you an item you could turn around and sell, and then do whatever you wish with the cash, but nay! Nay, I say!! They shan't! They won't! They cannot compromise their hatred for the Glorp, not even to turn it to their advantage!

I mean, that's...uhh...that's...something, isn't it? Razz

It is a puzzlement oh Great One. Confused

Posts: 10026 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Imagine the strength of character involved when someone wants to give you an item worth several hundred dollars, and you turn it down on principle.

Yeah, good on you 21Bravo for standing up for your beliefs. No one's gonna be able to take that away from you, except you.

So I'm telling you you're gonna end up buying that Glock. Ain't no one gonna give you a free Glock.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
Ain't no one gonna give you a free Glock.
shit

posted Hide Post
I picked up another, a G4 G19 last friday and took it out today.

It was so boring. Fed and Fired every round perfectly, bullets hit the target. Yawn.

Exactly like how I want my carry gun to work. No fuss.

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post