SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
I bought another Glock Saturday. It was only $50.00!!! Big Grin

You going to share with us how you pulled that off?

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
No, I will most likely NOT buy a Glock......unless it was at a price that I could not walk away from.

I was given a G-19 (3rd generation) for nothing. Nice gun that I can shoot well but I'm just not in love with it.

Sorry to disappoint but, nice gun....it's just not for me.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
^^I don't know of another gun that elicits such comments.

quote:
No, I will most likely NOT buy a Glock......unless...

Big Grin

Posts: 107600 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Venomous72
posted Hide Post
Bought a Gen 4 G21 a while ago. Already want a 19. This is gonna be a problem....

--------------------------------
List O Zombie Killers:
SGL21-61
Smith & Wesson M&P15
HK45
Springfield Armory Loaded 1911
GP-100
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1200
Browning Buckmark .22 (FTW!!)

Posts: 881 | Location: Utah | Registered: September 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I love the "I'm never gonna buy a GLOCK... I bought one and shoot it well and it's a great gun...but I'm never gonna buy one.." comments. They are cracking me up!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I love the "I'm never gonna buy a GLOCK... I bought one and shoot it well and it's a great gun...but I'm never gonna buy one.." comments. They are cracking me up!

If you're referring to me, tis true.

Like I said, if the price is not right (close to being free), I will not buy. I had this G-19 given to me for free 5 years ago.....and I have yet to acquire another. Been buying guns since 1991 and this free Glock is the only one I have.

Glad I make you "crack up".....keep laughing my friend.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Frankly I don't care if there are others who won't buy a Glock; hell, it's just more for the rest of us. Smile

Looked at the Gen4 G21 today; sorely tempted to buy it right then and there, but with two pistols already on the way it'll have to wait. Felt great in hand and for a stock factory trigger it wasn't bad at all. It's officially on the list. Still, if I find that I DO want this puppy sooner than later, I just may have to kiss my seldom-used XDm45 goodbye to make room.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeTX
posted Hide Post
Can't stand the ergonomics and the sponge trigger.
But they're nothing but reliable.

My guns are not illegal. Just undocumented.

Posts: 244 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
I'm currently on chapter 5. This book makes some good reading material, and is real informative on the history of the pistol. Especailly for those who don't care for the weapon.
I'm now confused though, between getting a G19 or G23 .... Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewP228:
You guys should really check out a new book that came out called Glock: The Rise of America's Gun, I'm reading it right now. The author wasn't a gun guy, but he did go to the trouble to actually buy a Glock and learn how to shoot from a retired NY State Police firearms instructor or something. It's fairly neutral (politically), it just covers the history of the gun and its development.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sargespd
posted Hide Post
I wasn't a fan of the G17 when they first hit the streets, just didn't like the feel. Fast forward to today, my G19 is my second favorite pistol, closely following my G26 that I carry everyday. If I had the money and could afford one or more of the high end custom 1911', I would get a few, but I'm pretty sure I would still be carrying that G26 more often than not.

I shave with Occam's razor

Posts: 3654 | Location: Springdale (Cincinnati) Ohio USA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*sigh* I bought a Glock yesterday. Gen 4 Glock 22 police trade in, night sights, 3 mags. I'd be shocked if it had ever been fired. No idea why a police department would send back a brand new gun. Anyway $500 was just too cheap to pass up. Now I need reloading dies, holsters, I am so screwed.

Posts: 124 | Location: Montana | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zimman20
posted Hide Post
Bought my new Gen4 G23 today at the gun show. Been wanting one for awhile, seller made me an offer I couldn't refuse. This is my 2nd, my other is a G22. What's to hate? Big Grin

--------------------------------------------------------------
zman

P229 SAS
Sig 1911 STX

Posts: 936 | Location: Stanley, NC | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's to hate, it's just not a very inspiring pistol. But by buying it I can compete in the local GSSF matches and it'll make a decent limited-10 gun.

Posts: 124 | Location: Montana | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
Just checked the safe. Still no Glunk in there.

Wink

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flyinfast
posted Hide Post
Well I have a Glock again. A G33. I looked, asked, researched and it is the best of most of what I wanted.
It is the first gun I have bought that was 100% substance over beauty. This is a tool. Nothing more or less.
It's in the round I love and fairly accurate out to 50 feet.Very accurate inside 20 feet. It's small enough(Barely).It's not that comfortable in my hand and the looks are not my aesthetic. However it's in a small enough package I can have it with me as a BUG or a comfortable CCW.
All that and it has AK47 reliability. That's were it really won me over. There were smaller and prettier, but reliability were questionable from those that had others that were in the running.

May The Road Rise With You.

Posts: 9791 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: October 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Glock 17 Gen 4 today. Big Grin

If this trend continues may have more Glocks than Sigs pretty soon. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of velvetshnitz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I picked up a Glock 17 Gen 4 today. Big Grin

If this trend continues may have more Glocks than Sigs pretty soon. Wink

blasphemy..... Someone start the fire, we've got another one to roast!@ Smile Ahhhhhh, but there is nothing wrong withe gun from the fatherland's ugly southern neighbor.

Dave

-SIG-Sauer P226R 9mm
-SIG-Sauer P226 9mm
-HK P2000sk V3 9mm
-HK P30 V3 9mm
-Glock 19
-Glock 20 Gen 4
-S&W 686 3 inch
-S&W M&P9
-BCM 14.5 carbine
-Arsenal SLR 107Cr

Posts: 1156 | Location: Monroe, WA | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a Life Long Anti Glocker for years...then I got one for my wife..G19...she immediately was proficient with it...I broke down and got me a Model 30, took it out of the box and directly to the range, and I was able to Scare the center of the target right out of the box...I now have three, and would like more, just don't need more is all....but what does need have to do with this anyway?

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Oh everyone needs a Glock, it's just that many don't realize it yet...
*stirs the pot*
Big Grin

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jose830
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.
It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Go ahead say it,"I TOLD YOU"...just picked up my first GLOCK about 10 minutes ago, here is the first picture snapped it as soon as I opened it...I guess you have to own one to see that it is a beautiful hand gun...

Posts: 274 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post