SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
Just purchased two new Glocks. I previously owned a gen 3 Glock 17 with OD frame. I had to sell it a few years back to fund another project. Well I came across Glocks Discount program and figured I'd check it out. So I took the plunge and bought a Glock 19, 26 at $398.20 each. Now I can't wait to get in some range time.

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even my camera is ashamed of what I have done!

Posts: 2177 | Location: Henderson, KY | Registered: April 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Para, when I first saw this thread I said no way! Well, you win! Maybe...

I've read some of your comments on the gen 4 17 and it's given me some hesitation. Would it be a mistake to get one with the problems they seem to have?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rcowan
posted Hide Post
I did once. Didn't like it traded it off for a Sig.

RC

Posts: 201 | Registered: October 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheBikerLife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rln_21:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
quote:
Originally posted by Rln_21:

This has been true till recently, we saw a couple recent production SP2022 in .40/.357 models that were prematurely worn out and after much inspection Bruce found what appears to be a serious design flaw in the American made .40/.357 Sig Pros regarding barrel lock-up. I would seriously recommend not buying any of the new American ones till it gets fixed...

How does something like this happen? They must either

a. do not know how to read instructions from Germany
b. thought they knew better than the Germans
c. don't care
e. all of the above

I've seen the guns in question and they are a train wreck looking for tracks.

Ouch!! Is the assumed design flaw for ANY recent Exter SP2022 or just the .40/.357 models ?? -- Thanks

I'll see if I can get Bruce to post a description of his findings fairly soon. I'm not sure if he was able to get a recent production 9mm to compare...

Additionally, it would really beneficial to know if Bruce thinks he can come up with a fix for customers w/ US-made SP2022's.

Thanks for helping us!

Posts: 517 | Location: Lexington, SC | Registered: November 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ram229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
While I haven't bought a new Glock in a decade, I lucked out yesterday and won an Advantage Arms 17/22 Conversion kit at a charity shoot/raffle that I can use on my 3rd Generation G22! While I don't have the option to carry a striker fired pistol in my CCW rotation, the idea that I could practice with .22 LR ammo has always carried a certain appeal. The new kit, combined with a previously purchased longslide (Bo-Mar sight equipped) upper has made my G22 a very versatile system.

Too much rain today to take it for a test ride, but can any fellow member tell me what I can expect?

I have heard mixed reviews of these. I look forward to hearing how it does. I am thinking about one for my 19.

Posts: 1188 | Location: CT | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I resisted a cherry 3rd Gen G19 yesterday at a local pawn/gun shop. $439 and it was in really good shape.
Nothing like last minute dental work, Christmas, and a kitchen renovation to deplete my gun money Mad

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9715 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
I think I'm gonna like this gun It carry's very well and also this gun fits well in a lot of my holsters that are for My 239 Sig which is a plus..

Yes Sir:

This is a Glock that I said that I will never buy or any Glock for that matter..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MT357Magnum,

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MT357Magnum:
I think I'm gonna like this gun It carry's very well and also this gun fits well in a lot of my holsters that are for My 239 Sig which is a plus..

Yes Sir:

This is a Glock that I said that I will never buy or any Glock for that matter..

Thats a great looking pistol you got there!

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
I've been a dyed in the whool 226 9mm owner for about as long as I could buy my own handgun. I sucessfully navigated around the siren song of the Glock with all the usual subjective reasons (ugly, plastic, etc.), but this year I had the last objection eliminated, with factory threaded barrels for the 17, 19, and 21 being made available to mere mortals. I now have a 19, which I believe is probably the ultimate 9mm. The 19 is compact enought to CCW, large enough to shoot all day comfortably, perfectly suitable for suppressor use, and there's all that other incidental crap like utterly reliable, durable, rust-proof, etc. Yes, I'm awash in a sea of Glock kool-aid now. "Oh no! I scratched my Glock!". So?

I've actually been eyeing my non-rail 226 as posssible trade fodder for another 19, or a 34.

Have I lost it?

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
Thanks Decon & Mike..
I'm a big Sig fan I love them & once I started buying Sigs I put My G/29 10mm away in the safe & stopped carrying it as often, My Glock 29 was a great gun & reliable not to large or heavy but a little chucky & top heavy, Ammo was getting kinda a pricey & I really loved carrying My P/239 all the time. I really don't have anything bad to say about the Glocks, I didn't like the trigger at first only that it seemed like a toy, Honestly Glock is a very good pistol & I just have to get use to them a little more, What made Me buy this G/27 is the size & the quality of Glocks & I traded in my larger 29..

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for dishonorable behavior/failure to honor a contract
posted Hide Post
got another today...

Only a little ashamed of myself Smile

Posts: 185 | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheBikerLife
posted Hide Post
Roy@Grayguns

Were you able to find out anything from Bruce regarding flaws in the US SP2022's?

Posts: 517 | Location: Lexington, SC | Registered: November 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGrigg86:
got another today...

Only a little ashamed of myself Smile

Nice looking Glock, I was looking at the gen 4 19 & 23 I liked them but I still wanted to get a smaller pistol & for some reason I liked the looks of the Gen 3's better & I liked the looks of the 2-tone G/27 that I purchased for some reason the looks & size caught my eye..

Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock 19 Gen 4 this last week. I have 180 flawless rounds through it already. I love carrying such a light gun. I bought a horsehide Crossbreed holster for it and it conceals under a T shirt. Sorry P226, your going to see more safe time...

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBikerLife:
Roy@Grayguns

Were you able to find out anything from Bruce regarding flaws in the US SP2022's?

Interested to hear as well.......

Posts: 6311 | Location: Orlando, Florida, U.S. | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to speak for them, but I think they're waiting to hear back from SIG prior to posting anything publicly about it. I know at least one of the guns, a 9mm, was sent back.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheBikerLife
posted Hide Post
Understood and thanks for the update. I've heard of several folks ordering SP2022's and getting triple serial German-mades instead of US-made, so I'm wondering if Sig has slowed or stopped Exeter produced SP2022's.

I was planning on purchasing an SP2022 in the spring, which is why I'm keenly interested in all this.

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Tried to get my hands on Glock number 4 a few weeks back. The Department of Corrections here in ND dumped the Glock 23C for Glock 19 Gen4. The one and only Glock LE dealer got all of the G23C on trade. The price was $325!!! Buy the time I heard they had them all where sold. Maybe I will get lucky and find one at the January gun show.

Now I want a Glock 21 SF. Would like a RTF but the one I found on GB was over $1,000. Should have bought one when some dealers had them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Para,

I have three Glocks (19, 22, and 30), so I know that which you speak.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2080 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post