SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 563
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swamp cat:
Yes, I did.

Just bought the wife a G26 for off duty,(her service pistol is a G17). Been thinking about a used G17 for the kids to learn on. They have grown up with Sigs, but, Sigs aren't the only gun out there. I feel they should be well rounded, learn various systems, ya never know what you'll have to pick up. When they start buying their own, they can pick their favorite, based on shooting different platforms, instead of someone else's opinion.

I have until this point resisted the urge to compare my P245 to the G30, to see which is really smaller, maybe next month...Christmas is coming!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What a great husband and father.. Big Grin

Posts: 4376 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 226 Tacops in .40 and if it ever spits out anything related to or sounding like a bad hammer jammer, its going in for service.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by ds1962:
I don't know about Glocks, but If you owned a SIG 226 Tach Ops..40, you won't ask for anything else. Big, strong, powerful, masculine, keeps spittin those rounds off like a string of firecrackers going off.It resounds with I'm a Bad Hammer Jammer. Sorry if I'm partial. Cool
Uh huh. Tach Ops. Masculine spittin' going off.

Got it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoshooter:
Now who on earth went and put a Glock thread on a Sig forum??

Me?
I have a bunch o' Sigs.

Oh, and this little guy.
I shoot him as good or better than my Sigs but I'll deny that in public.
Wink

That's a nice looking piece. I didn't much care for Glock aesthetics initially, but having seen the G26 in action, that will be the Glock I get.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3344 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoshooter:
Now who on earth went and put a Glock thread on a Sig forum??

Me?
I have a bunch o' Sigs.

Oh, and this little guy.
I shoot him as good or better than my Sigs but I'll deny that in public.
Wink

great pic of that 26! What floorplate is that...and does it really give a benefit over the flat stock floorplate?

Posts: 3551 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
It's a GAP floorplate by Concealable Control. I really like them. They don't add any length or contribute to printing but they do give you more control over the draw- the point extension gives some purchase for your finger to "hook" into. Also you can lock it between your fingers during the grip, giving a bit of stability.

They're not too expensive to try out.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, and yes they are the GAP floorplates. I find them a huge improvement over the stock floorplate. I have them on most of my mags.
I lock it between my pinky and ring finger as AH.74 posted above. The G26 is my favorite (and only) Glock.

-------------------------

Sigs: more than a few

Posts: 1605 | Location: Philly | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Removed
posted Hide Post
I am beginning that the thread should be renamed You will buy Glocks. I am looking at a Gen 4 Glock 22 or 23 right now. I also am trying to figure out if I want to get a Glock 34 before I get a Glock 17L.

I am loving the Glock.

Posts: 388 | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toorop:
I am beginning that the thread should be renamed You will buy Glocks. I am looking at a Gen 4 Glock 22 or 23 right now. I also am trying to figure out if I want to get a Glock 34 before I get a Glock 17L.

I am loving the Glock.

Just bought (during the erudite Page 146 era) my first Glock (Gen4 G34). Shoot it better than my Sigs (draw/fire drills). Haven't done any distance work with it yet, but a gun writer friend has with a T&E gun at 25 yards. He and his assistant got 2 1/2" groups off a bench/bags.

G34/G35 legal for IDPA, long slides are not - too big for the box. Nice balance too. With the Glock low bore axis and the longer slide my G34 (115 gr factory) recoil feels like a .355 caliber .22 LR!

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This thread will be enshrined in the anals annals of history! Razz

Posts: 107774 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
quote:
This thread will be enshrined in the anals annals of history! Razz

I would have expected that slip from Sig Freud....

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Para, sometimes I worry about you...... LOL.

I just bought Glock #4 last weekend. 32 in .357Sig with night sights. Also have 2 23's and a 30SF.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alert - this is thread digression! However, somewhat related to the annals theme. Old joke:

Johnie is late for school. Teacher demands an explanation. Johnie says that he and his dog were walking to school and the dog was hit in the ass by a car. JOHNIE screeches the teacher! You should have used the word "rectum"! Johnie replies "Wrecked him - hell, it damn near killed him".

Told you it was old.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Darnit. Now that I've read this whole thread, I want to take a closer look at the Glock 27. I hate my brother's 23, and wonder why I'm even considering a 27.

Peer pressure? :P

God bless America.

Posts: 13530 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of waco
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Darnit. Now that I've read this whole thread, I want to take a closer look at the Glock 27. I hate my brother's 23, and wonder why I'm even considering a 27.

Peer pressure? :P

The 27 is a great little blaster! I have all the 40 cal Glocks and love 'em all. In April, I only had 4 Glocks now I seem to have around 20. I love that the frames are the same and the holsters work between them. Its a nice change from Sig and all their darn frames.

Cheers,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 837 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marcuswendt
posted Hide Post
Other than my desire for a 10MM, I STILL have not had any serious temptation to go Glock.

Posts: 3770 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
That's desire enough. Get the SF -- you'll love it. Or at least I do. I shouldn't tell others what they might like.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIGforum.com    Main Page    SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock

I have owned a G19, G34, and G24 and sold them all. I have seen people shoot great with Glocks but they are not for me. I shoot way better with Sigs and I like their looks and feel too. I tried to like Glocks.
I shoot the XD(m) much better if I had to go polymer.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
I have owned a G19, G34, and G24 and sold them all.
Well, you certainly took a while to come to that conclusion, didn't you? Wink

quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Para, sometimes I worry about you...... LOL.
I'm a funny sumbitch, ain't I? Razz

Posts: 107774 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
I fell to the evil empire of the glocks but have come back to sig after a range visit.

One thing tthat is different is my outlook on glocks. I know a g26 is in my future an my wife wants s g19. They just work and with practice, anybody can shoot them well.

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mrtuna:
I have owned a G19, G34, and G24 and sold them all.
Well, you certainly took a while to come to that conclusion, didn't you? Wink

It's a love hate relationship. I may need one Glock in the stable to take on my boat. Who cares if it gets wet and dirty lol.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post