SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I am trying to resist buying another G20SF. Gallery of Guns just received a new shipment.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
You know, I always dismissed Glocks, never considered them.

I am thoroughly satisfied with my G21 SF RTF2.

I'm looking at the compacts too.
Can't decide either a G19

Or stick with .45 and get the 36 or 30sf

A 10mm 29 would be a possibility too!

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another one? But I already have two. Though I do find myself with an odd longing for some G19 lovin'...

Posts: 236 | Registered: October 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chez323
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock and much like my first wife it was a loveless union. LoL with that said it's up for sale and I won't be buying another. Nice functioning gun, accurate and reliable (unlike first wife) but just not for me.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Tim McChesney
USAF Retired
SHR 970 (30-06)

Posts: 385 | Location: NW PA | Registered: September 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220ST:
We only charge $15.00 more for an EXO pistol (model with standard sights) than we do the standard black Gen 3 pistols. That's a HECK of a good deal for a nice paint job that's applied to the slide and barrel on the EXO pistols.

The price for the EXO pistols with the I-Dot night sights is the same price as the standard black Gen 3 pistol with night sights.

Good to see there are some options on the trigger pulls out there. We didn't mess with the connectors, but that bump on the trigger bar? Ugh! Here

Now that is what I call one hell of a deal!

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gun_Beast:
I'm allowed to post where I want.
That is so very untrue.

I just love a happy ending...And I still think Glocks are great...I found my old G30sf that I sold to a store and had them pull it out so I could hold it again, still on the shelf after a year...Thought seriously about buying it back, but they jacked up the price so much I could buy a new one cheaper...*Sigh*...Such a terrific gun...

Cool

I bought my G30sf back... Cool...I couldn't stop thinking about it so I bought it back. They wanted to sell it, so I got a steep discount from the tag price. I opened it up and all it needs is some oil (a little dried up from sitting), the anti-seize and TW25B is just like I left it. The Trijicon nite sights are still blazing.

So I have my favorite gun back, and finally have a .45 again all at once. It is a good day...

I know it's crass to quote myself...But it's an update...

So, I cleaned and lubed my new old G30sf...It hadn't been touched or shot. I felt like I'd found Sleeping Glock Beauty. Put 100 rounds through it at the Range today, and it was as sweet as it was when I sold it to the store. I got the original Glock Box, and every single thing was still in the box like when I bought it. I'll give it another clean and lube this weekend...And put it back on the roster as the Winter Carry Primary.

I don't care if I lost a little money on the deal...Everyone thinks I'm nuts. I called Georgia to verify my warranty (Still covered like I never sold it), and the Glock guy said I was crazy...We both got a good laugh out of it. But I think it must be a sign if a beauty like this doesn't get snatched up in a year, that it was just meant to be...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CMH Sig
posted Hide Post
The Glock 30SF is my next purchase. This thread is getting costly for me, I've already bought two Glocks in the last few months.

Posts: 235 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mjr
posted Hide Post
I went to the range today with a young lady, me with my G26 and her with the G17 she bought several years ago but had never fired. She was burglarized last week, but they didn't get her Glock or her lap top, and suddenly she feels the need to learn to shoot. I went through the basics with her, of safety, sight alignment, and trigger pull, and she did pretty well in live fire. At the very least, she's no longer afraid of her own gun. And she enjoyed shooting. All in all, a satisfying way to spend a Saturday.

Posts: 821 | Location: Triad NC | Registered: November 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I took my New G19 EXO to the range today.
Also took my new Dan Wesson, Sig P239, and EMP.
We ran about 300 rounds thru the G19.

I must say the Glock held its own as far as accuracy and reliablity.
The gun is surprisingly accurate.
The grip angle I've bitched about for several years was not an issue at all.
After a few mags, I didn't notice it and the gun began to feel good in my hand.

I bought the G19 for an HD and SHTF pistol.
I feel it is going to fit that need perfectly.

On a side note, my DAK P239 was my daughter's favorite.
Now the DW Guardian is on the top of her list.

Will I sell the P239 SAS, my last remaining Sig?
We shall see... Cool

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I owned no Glocks when this thread started. The other day I was hammering some rapid fire accurately with my G20sf. Absolutely drilling holes with my G19. Got a ways to go to get proficient with my G26.

If you don't at least give Glock an objective look, you are not serious about the defensive purpose of owning a handgun.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am very seriously considering getting a Gen 3 G22 .40 S&W. Handled one today and it fits really well in my big mitts - rock solid.......groan.....so many guns, so little cash..

Posts: 277 | Location: Malta, Europe | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cliveb:
Am very seriously considering getting a Gen 3 G22 .40 S&W. Handled one today and it fits really well in my big mitts - rock solid.......groan.....so many guns, so little cash..

Buy used. Seriously. They are freakin' steal.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
So I bought a G17 just to shoot gssf and placed 17th out of 115 in the civilian class. Now I am considering a G26 or maybe a g23.

I put Talon Grips on my glocks and now don't want to shoot without them. They provide some grip.

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
quote:

Buy used. Seriously. They are freakin' steal.

I wish - no used guns available here - we have only been in the game for a few years and the second hand market is still very weak. Looks like it will be bread and water for the next few months - gotta save up somehow.

Posts: 277 | Location: Malta, Europe | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
As guns go, Glocks are cheap thrills. Think how much a 1911 addiction could cost.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arrrg.... They got me. I bought my first Glock a g30sf. Tomorrow it goes the range.

Posts: 68 | Location: North of Atlanta but not far enough | Registered: October 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Can...you...DIG IT?!!"

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Can...you...DIG IT?!!"

One of my favorite scenes from "The Warriors". But I digress.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
WE CAN DIG IT!

Going to sell a H&K to buy a Glock 32 RTF now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copperhead45:
Arrrg.... They got me. I bought my first Glock a g30sf. Tomorrow it goes the range.

Congratulations. I have one also...And it's my favorite gun. I have Trijicon Night Sights on mine and it just took it's place next to my CZ75D Compact in the "Will Not Sell" safe.

It shoots like a dream...Hope you enjoy it.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post