SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Sarge:
MHolland,

Keep the P30 and save up for a Glock 19 and then you will have two great pistols. There are great deals out there on used Glock 19s. Bottom line is you will miss the P30 and that is a pistol that is hard to replace money wise. Much easier to come up with money for a Glock. Bill

Good point, and what I am coming to realize. But damn, that trigger and reset...and size...I love it!

Posts: 3317 | Location: SC Lowcountry | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob220st
posted Hide Post
parabellum,I have resisted the "dark side" and now own a SigPro 2022...AND I LOVE IT!!!!!! Cool
Bob Big Grin

Posts: 1766 | Location: Independence,Ky. | Registered: September 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the thread. Only own two Sigs, but I've got seven Glocks (19, 19, 21SF, 22, 23, 27, 30SF). Would like to have more of both.

None of them have names though (other than "mine.")

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rhuet67:
Had one Glock 17. We were giving it to my dad for Christmas. On Christmas morning, I was showing him how easy it was to disassemble and pulled the slide off. When I went to put the slide back on, the guide rod had shifted slightly and I ended up shearing the back of the guide rod off. The spring exploded inside the pistol and locked the slide tight on the frame.

Never got to shoot the POS. We used the store credit to buy a Browning High Power. I have shot friend's Glock and can't imagine getting a fever for a Glock.

SIGs, HKs, and Browning HPs thank you.

I knew if I lived long enough, I'd meet the one person in the world who could break a Glock!
Cool

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Had one Glock 17. We were giving it to my dad for Christmas. On Christmas morning, I was showing him how easy it was to disassemble and pulled the slide off. When I went to put the slide back on, the guide rod had shifted slightly and I ended up shearing the back of the guide rod off. The spring exploded inside the pistol and locked the slide tight on the frame.

Never got to shoot the POS. We used the store credit to buy a Browning High Power. I have shot friend's Glock and can't imagine getting a fever for a Glock.

I knew if I lived long enough, I'd meet the one person in the world who could break a Glock!
Cool

To be fair, I now change all plastic guide rods with metal. My two brothers-in-law have Glocks and they got metal guide rods from me for Christmas a few years ago.

========================
226 9mm Nickel
226 40/357
239 9mm
225 9mm (P6)
P2022 Pro 9m
220 9MM European
220 45ACP
P2022 40SW
P2022 40SW (yeah, two)
P228 9mm
P2340 40SW

Posts: 16 | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
{Gasp!!} De eebul Herr Glock done killified Christmas!!

Hahahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:

Cool

My favorite expression for someone like rhuet67 is he could f-up an anvil. Wink

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
But the spring exploded and stuff!! He's still not over the trauma of it all.

I mean, Dad and Christmas, it's like Mom and Apple pie- you just don't screw with it. Mad

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, if you did, it's because you went out of your way to do it. You and this thread are only two days apart in age on this board. It's been around as long as you have, more than two years. And now, suddenly, you decide to post in it.
And it's not as if there were already 126 pages of posts that would allow you to gauge the tone of the thread before posting, right?

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Yup. Bought another one this week.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, if you did, it's because you went out of your way to do it. You and this thread are only two days apart in age on this board. It's been around as long as you have, more than two years. And now, suddenly, you decide to post in it.
And it's not as if there were already 126 pages of posts that would allow you to gauge the tone of the thread before posting, right?

I first saw this thread today.

I certainly didn't take the time to read 125 pages.

I have deleted my offensive posts.

========================
226 9mm Nickel
226 40/357
239 9mm
225 9mm (P6)
P2022 Pro 9m
220 9MM European
220 45ACP
P2022 40SW
P2022 40SW (yeah, two)
P228 9mm
P2340 40SW

Posts: 16 | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not a big deal. No one's upset about anything.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, I farted in the Glock church.

Cool

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by papaac:

With a Q-tip!

Picking up my 2nd Gen 4 glock Monday. A 19. Big Grin

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a confession to make.....
Today I tried out the Glock 35 on the range (belongs to a mate) and decided to purchase it from him - I shot as well with it as I do with my P226 - and it was the first time i'd used a Glock.
Consider me as having moved over to the dark side.... Big Grin

Posts: 277 | Location: Malta, Europe | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:
quote:

With a Q-tip!

I like the Gen4 G19. I know some people have had issues, but mine has been 100%.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:
quote:

With a Q-tip!

I like the Gen4 G19. I know some people have had issues, but mine has been 100%.

Keeping my fingers crossed. My Gen 4 G17 has been flawless for just over a 1000 rounds. Bought a LC9 to supplement carry to the G17, but just can't warm up to it. So I had my LGS get me a Gen 4 G19. Plan on warming it up Tuesday.

I know and believe there have been a few problems with the Gen 4's, but I would like to know what percentage of problems versus production numbers. I know of a few problems that the local PD's had with the Gen 3's. But hell-o, it's a mass produced item like any other. There are going to be issues from time to time. To me Glock is one of the cheapest pistols made that I would trust my life with. It's a bargain. I can forgive a random production hiccup with a $500 gun. I have seen hiccups with $3000 pistols. That was somewhat less forgiveable.

The Gen 4 brought me back to Glock. I hate the way a Gen 3 feels. I was even considering at one point buying a Gen 2 and trying it, or buying a Gen 3 and having a grip reduction. I saw Summit Gunbroker had very good looking police trade-ins for $375. You could add the grip reduction and still not be out a whole lot.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Which one did you get, and what ones do you have? Glocks are really growing on me. I'm even contemplating joining Glock Talk.

Posts: 237 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conchmariner:
I'm even contemplating joining Glock Talk.

Ummmm......just stay where you are at. If I had a question about glocks, I would still ask it here. The maturity level here is much higher, and I'm in no way referring to age.

I'm a member there, but never post there, and to be honest I would never go there if it were not for the classifieds.

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conchmariner:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Which one did you get, and what ones do you have? Glocks are really growing on me. I'm even contemplating joining Glock Talk.
I picked up the one I always felt I was missing - a 9mm, so I got a G19.
I already have a 20, 22, 32, and 37. I'll probably get a .45 ACP next.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post