SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:
quote:
Originally posted by conchmariner:
I'm even contemplating joining Glock Talk.

Ummmm......just stay where you are at. If I had a question about glocks, I would still ask it here. The maturity level here is much higher, and I'm in no way referring to age.

I'm a member there, but never post there, and to be honest I would never go there if it were not for the classifieds.

There are some immature people there, but there are also some very knowledgeable guys there as well. I've lurked there for a while so I'm figuring out who to ignore. The whole Gen 4 debate over there has actually been pretty entertaining Smile

Posts: 237 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
You will buy a Glock

Yup. Bought another one this week.

Which one did you get, and what ones do you have? Glocks are really growing on me. I'm even contemplating joining Glock Talk.
I picked up the one I always felt I was missing - a 9mm, so I got a G19.
I already have a 20, 22, 32, and 37. I'll probably get a .45 ACP next.

The 19 was my first Glock. I've also got a 22 which I got a great deal on (LEO trade in). I was a bit apprehensive about that one at first given the internet lore about Glocks only being good in 9 mm, but I find I shoot the 22 better than the 19. The 10 mm Glocks intrigue me, but I'm not sure I need to add another caliber. I almost regret buying a .357 Sig barrel for my 229 for that reason.

Posts: 237 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 19 was my first Glock. I've also got a 22 which I got a great deal on (LEO trade in). I was a bit apprehensive about that one at first given the internet lore about Glocks only being good in 9 mm, but I find I shoot the 22 better than the 19. The 10 mm Glocks intrigue me, but I'm not sure I need to add another caliber. I almost regret buying a .357 Sig barrel for my 229 for that reason.

Wow, once I bought a .357sig barrel for my P229, I never ran 40cal thru it again. Wink

Do any of you that own a own a G20 or G21, have any interest in making it a .50cal?

Wanted to post this in case y'all have never seen it.
Being that the kit runs $600 and the 50 GI ammo runs $35 to $45 for a box of 20, you would really have to have extra $$$ around.
I've never seen or handled this kit, I just wanted to share this info with the fellow Glockiods.

Guncrafter .50 cal Glock Kit

New Line of 50 GI CHP Ammunition

ATG 20rds - 50 GI Guncrafter 300gr Jacketed Flat Point Ammo

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I'm meeting a friend later this week to go shooting. He is bringing his Glock 20. He carries it as a mountain gun loaded with Buffalo Bore 220 grain hard cast ammo. I have to admit 16 rounds of hard cast ammo at 703 footpounds of energy is not a bad way to go in the mountains. Interestingly enough, hard cast ammo is OK in Glock barrels according to Double Tap (I e-mailed them as a precaution before we go shooting). The problem with lead is when it is soft not the hard cast alloy. This may cause me to break down and buy a G-20.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Para strikes again! As of 10 minutes ago, I am now the proud owner of a Gen 2 G17 in almost new condition. A range trip will have to wait until Thursday, unfortunately.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I own a Glock! A 2nd gen 17, and a cigar box full of mags! There's no way in hell I'll name it after a woman, so I call him "Otto". I routinely torture the poor thing by not cleaning him, running him like a rented mule, and firing the dreaded +P+ loads out of him! I sweat on him, toss him in puddles, in mud, sand, and I'm still looking fie an out house to bury him in with a lake nearby to wash him off. Problem is there's never an out house and a lake in vicinity of each other!
Know what? The damn thing refuses to die!!@.@ And I'll probably get another, a G30SF...maybe!
Then again I notice that S&W M&P, maybe I'll trade him off for one of them! But neither will ever replace my first love the SIG P226!Wink Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 23 and a 33 and on top of them shooting great at least I know they are dishwasher safe.

Posts: 17 | Location: Bellevue, WA | Registered: July 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
Para strikes again! As of 10 minutes ago, I am now the proud owner of a Gen 2 G17 in almost new condition.

GEN 2 My favorite Glock version Congrats!

Thanks! It was a bailiff's gun originally. Carried everyday in court (with the holster wear to prove it), but only shot a couple of times. My friend bought it from the bailiff and never shot it himself. I seriously doubt if more than a couple of boxes have been shot through it in its lifetime. The barrel looks almost brand new.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Vetting a g26 with nickel boron slide as we speak. 470 new it'd gen 3.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got to run a couple hundred rounds through my Gen 4 G19 today. All I can say is Big Grin

My new favorite range and CCW.

I noticed it has a spring marked: 0 4 1

Apparently another update. I'm still mixed on the finish. Looks more gray than black. There is a lot more friction there than on my Gen 4 G17. I can rack the slide with my pointer finger and my thumb on this one at the front of the slide, not the serrations. I can't get enough grip on my G17 to do that, my fingers slide. If the finish will hold up as well as the old I will love it.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well after 127 pages in this post I still have no intention of owning one!

“The more corrupt the State, the more numerous are its laws”
– Tacitus

Posts: 563 | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Switching my EDC over to a Glock 19 gen3. Darn you, Glock.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloaderguy:

The entire membership has been notified, and we are all terribly dismayed. If you should ever change your mind, and decide to grace Glock owners everywhere with your beneficence by agreeing to allow Glock into your Holy presence...We will be eternally grateful.

Wink

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it took about 118 or so pages before I broke down and bought the G19.

I've sold 2 Sigs since then.. Eek

The Glock is working out very well for me.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:

The entire membership has been notified, and we are all terribly dismayed. If you should ever change your mind, and decide to grace Glock owners everywhere with your beneficence by agreeing to allow Glock into your Holy presence...We will be eternally grateful.

Wink
Yeah, as soon as he posts in this thread that he bought a Glock, the forum will send out an alert to me via email and an auto-bot will initiate a program to order and send to him FTD's finest arrangement of flowers, along with a lovely box of assorted candies.

The suspense is killing me.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
4th gen G19 on layaway. Damn this thread! Big Grin

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Damn this thread! Big Grin
Yeah, I'm Carnac...errr....Parmac the Magnificent.

Funk & Wagnall's front porch, babe...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:

Wink
Yeah, as soon as he posts in this thread that he bought a Glock, the forum will send out an alert to me via email and an auto-bot will initiate a program to order and send to him FTD's finest arrangement of flowers, along with a lovely box of assorted candies.

The suspense is killing me.

Never gonna happen! I'll take my P225 over one anyday.

– Tacitus

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nevertheless, the mechanisms are in place for "The Event".

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Nevertheless, the mechanisms are in place for "The Event".

Thanks. Flowers of your choice. Candies I prefer choclate covered caramel. Just want to get that on the record.

– Tacitus