SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I also like the gray, and could see a G17 some day if they don't dry up

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm headed out to the LGS on my lunch break to see/handle a gray G19. I have a strong feeling this will be my first gen 4, and seventh Glock. Damn things multiply, I swear.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
To be honest, now that I'm seeing actual in-hand shots of the gray Glocks, I'm not as big a fan. Looks a bit too blueish/purpleish for my taste.

Still, it's nice to have options.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still have not been able to bring myself to do it, I did pick up a Canik tp9sa though..

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
My little "Bad Boys" Glock 42 wearing some new Trijicon HD's, smoothed out with some CCR CPII and carried in my OHC IWB. I did it. I done f****ng bought a Glock.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I had my Gen 3 G19 trigger undercut and still didn't care for it.
Traded it for a WG P226.
I just can't do the finger grooves on a Gen 3/4 G19.

Gen 2 for my G19... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my G26 gen3 this morning. Serial prefix "ZAP" Cool

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I recently picked up a Glock 19 Gen 2. The 19s with finger grooves always worked for me but there's something about this older Glock that I like quite a bit.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
quote:

I recently picked up a Glock 19 Gen 2. The 19s with finger grooves always worked for me but there's something about this older Glock that I like quite a bit.

First, nice shooting with that 19. Is it hard finding mags for it??
Also, where did you get those grips for the 43.
Nice collection, me boy. Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
nice shooting with that 19. Is it hard finding mags for it??

Que? Confused

The Gen 2 Glocks use the same style mags as the newer Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glock...

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Que? Confused

They sure do, even the 30 rounders Big Grin
The adhesive grips on the 42 & 43 are Galloway Precision.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Que? Confused

Being new to Glocks, only a 42 and 43 right now, I did not know about the mag interchangeability. Now I do.
I have seen ads that refer to "Gen 4 Mags Only" and just assumed that it was across the board.
Thanks for the info, be well

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Being new to Glocks, only a 42 and 43 right now, I did not know about the mag interchangeability. Now I do.
I have seen ads that refer to "Gen 4 Mags Only" and just assumed that it was across the board.
Thanks for the info, be well

A Gen 4 mag only means the mag has a cut out in case one swaps the mag release to left handed..

And just in case you didn't know, a G26 can use a G19 and G17 mag.
A G19 can use a G17 mag.
This applies to sub-compact, compact, and full sized Glocks of the same caliber 9mm/357sig/40cal..
Maybe also the G21 45ACP and G20 10mm.
I've owned a couple G21s, but never a G20..

As well you can run 357sig in a 40cal Glock with the appropriate barrel swap, and vise versa.
I run a G31 barrrel in my G22, and have a G27 barrel for my G33 and can use the stock mags with either caliber..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There are differences between the various generations of Glock magazines, but they're all backwards- and forwards-compatible. You can use one of the very early Gen 1 mags in a Gen 4 gun, and a brand new Gen 4 mag in an early Gen 1 gun.

Gen 1 and early Gen 2 Glock mags weren't designed to drop free, and only had minimal metal in them. Later Gen 2 and Gen 3 mags were designed to drop free, and have a metal liner and a different shape to the feed lips. Gen 4 mags are nearly identical to Gen 3 mags, but have an additional magazine catch cutout, since the magazine release on Gen 4 Glocks is reversible for lefty use.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
KHolm, that G42 looks pretty sweet in two tone with the CPII. I've been toying with the idea of it, but haven't really seen any pics of a G42 in CPII. That does it. I gotta do it now. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
quote:

Hey, I feel ya.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
This applies to sub-compact, compact, and full sized Glocks of the same caliber 9mm/357sig/40cal..
Maybe also the G21 45ACP and G20 10mm.

The G21 and G20 can't share mags since they're different calibers, but a compact Glock 30 in .45 ACP can use the full-sized Glock 21 .45 ACP magazine, as can the compact Glock 29 10mm with full-sized Glock 20 10mm mags.

The G36 .45 ACP can't use any of the other mags, since it's a single stack .45 ACP, while the G30 and G21 are double stack .45 ACPs.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are differences between the various generations of Glock magazines, but they're all backwards- and forwards-compatible. You can use one of the very early Gen 1 mags in a Gen 4 gun, and a brand new Gen 4 mag in an early Gen 1 gun.

Gen 1 and early Gen 2 Glock mags weren't designed to drop free, and only had minimal metal in them. Later Gen 2 and Gen 3 mags were designed to drop free, and have a metal liner and a different shape to the feed lips. Gen 4 mags are nearly identical to Gen 3 mags, but have an additional magazine catch cutout, since the magazine release on Gen 4 Glocks is reversible for lefty use.

if I get a Gen 2 19, I can then use the Gen 4 Mags with it??

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Correct. Or Gen 1 mags, or Gen 2 mags, or Gen 3 mags.

Any generation of G19 mag will work in any generation of G19 handgun.

posted Hide Post
Hence the wonderful compatibility of the Glorp. Dig it? Cool Actually, when I purchase a gen4 G26, it will come with two mags that I'll probably never use.

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Correct. Or Gen 1 mags, or Gen 2 mags, or Gen 3 mags.

Any generation of G19 mag will work in any generation of G19 handgun.

With the only exception being if you've got a gen 4 and have switched the mag release over to the right side of the pistol (which is a feature new to the Gen 4), in which case you must use a Gen 4 mag since it has the mag catch cutout on both sides.