SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's pretty cool that sigforum got the exclusive announcement, thank you Sig.

I have been waiting for the chance to break this out again:

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... I've never really considered a 10mm before, but that might change now.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna have to start saving now! Either that or start buying ammo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mekaus,

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
Great. What next, H&K is going to start listening to their civilian market?
No seriously, now I will have to get one, hope it isn't too far out.

Jordanr

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
A stainless P220R in 10mm would be nice.

One from Bruce would be nicer, though. Smile

Thank you, but I have met the engineer on this project, we have discussed the challenges involved, and I am CERTAIN that this new P220 10mm SIG will be a great, great pistol. They can do things the right way to handle this cartridge straight off, and I'm confident they are doing it right.

I gladly throw my heartfelt endorsement and reputation behind this project. Even if I never do another conversion myself, it's for the greater good. This has been very, very flattering and gratifying for us. We are all in.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
That is Fantastic news! Big Grin

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Hell yes I want one Razz

Posts: 5598 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Hell yes I want one Razz

I do too!

I'll carry the monstrous thing on duty if my Undersheriff MBOYD lets me, I swear I will. That's only because Chuck Norris won't fit in my holster.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ezra
posted Hide Post
Kudo's to SIG Sauer for listening. And yes, I'm in.

Ez

“To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee”

- Herman Melville -

Posts: 5655 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: September 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sincere congratulations, Para, on your insider role in this and being first in the industry to make the announcement. Good juju, obviously

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra:
Kudo's to SIG Sauer for listening. And yes, I'm in.

Ez

That's the thing, Ezra!

They ARE listening. The folks we are privileged to work with get it. We all have friends there, and they want us happy.

This is a great, new day. Believe it, there is so much more coming.

We all owe LDD a huge debt for his forethought and efforts in forging new relationships and opportunities with our friends at SIG, and for them to be so incredibly gracious and receptive.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
This may be premature and all, but did they give you any idea what kind of capacity the magazines would have? 8, 9, or 10?

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
That's exciting news!

I can't help but think that without Bruce and Para, Sig never would have done it.

Thank you.

It's only because "they" (whoever "they" were) said it COULD NOT BE DONE.

I was just lucky enough to be here to try and get it on the track, thanks to Para and y'all.

What's coming goes the full course.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Oh man! Big news indeed. I'ma haf'ta git in on this.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Does Walmart stock 10mm?

Not that I've seen around here. And I look for it everywhere I go. More than 22LR.

Good thing I have a spare Dillon Quick Change Kit.

What, we're talking about .22lr conversions already??!

J/K. What an astounding effort. Just for the record, who was the first to guess this?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
  • P220 Stainless Elite 10mm, standard length slide and barrel, traditional DA/SA trigger
  • P220 Match Elite 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, traditional DA/SA trigger

• I will buy both. Happily. Very happily.

Oh, and if they come out with matching P227/10 models, then I'll buy those as well.

I never thought anything could get me to turn away from my beloved P226-SSE-357, but this very well may be what makes it a safe queen.

This is just too fracking awesome.

Thank you Bruce.
    Thank you Para.
    Thank you Sig.

Sorry kittens, your days are numbered.

ps. How the Heck am I going to get to sleep tonight?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Behold my
    Radiance!
    Picture of Grayguns
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by DanH:
    This may be premature and all, but did they give you any idea what kind of capacity the magazines would have? 8, 9, or 10?

I'll get back to you on this. I won't guess and we haven't discussed magazines in the context of capacity. We did go over our experiences with mag release configurations and feed lips, that sort of thing.

If anyone can dope out how to make a perfect 10mm mag, it's these engineers at SIG!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
    Grayguns Inc.

I swear I had
    something for this
    posted Hide Post
    Here's hoping. I'll really need a good reason not to get a S&W 1006 next year.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Behold my
    Radiance!
    Picture of Grayguns
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 46and2:
    Oh wow.

Cool and very unexpected.

And the SAO long slide sounds fantastic.

Now, if they'll make an MPX in 10mm I will love them forever...

Jeff, I TOLD you so!

Big Grin

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
    Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
    Radiance!
    Picture of Grayguns
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by DanH:
    Here's hoping. I'll really need a good reason not to get a S&W 1006 next year.

"1006"?

Never heard of it.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
    Grayguns Inc.