SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very, very cool. The SAO version has my attention for sure.

I wonder if down the line, a 10mm P227 might happen.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Crimson
posted Hide Post
I think the only thing that could make this cooler would be for Sig to partner up with one of their distributors and someone like, say, Top Gun Supply to sell a large, initial run of pistols to SIGforum members.

"Why is self-control, autonomy, such a threat to authority? Because the person who controls himself, who is his own master, has no need for an authority to be his master. This, then, renders authority unemployed. What is he to do if he cannot control others? To be sure, he could mind his own business. But this is a fatuous answer, for those who are satisfied to mind their own business do not aspire to become authorities."

Posts: 1728 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cpt. Solo
posted Hide Post
just in case this is somehow a karma, I'm in!

Posts: 1530 | Location: Hyperspace | Registered: April 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted a 10mm and I don't own a P220. Way to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

• P220 SAO 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, single action only trigger

• Wow! I'll be on this like stink on .......a Boulder hippie.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never Go
    Full Retard
    Picture of MitchbSC
    posted Hide Post
    "10mm ... think of the kittens"

I guess we got some good karma off the cat pictures thread in WYD. Cool

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    It's remarkable, if you consider that it has been 30 years or more since SIG-Sauer offered the P220 in a new caliber.

BTW, SIG-Sauer is developing 10mm ammunition for their new blasters.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Crimson:
    I think the only thing that could make this cooler would be for Sig to partner up with one of their distributors and someone like, say, Top Gun Supply to sell a large, initial run of pistols to SIGforum members.

That would be a great idea, particularly if they would all be very low serial numbers...I claim #3!

What time frame are you thinking that these will be available, 6-9 months?

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
    Picture of OneWheelDrive
    posted Hide Post
    This won't be the first time I start buying ammunition for a caliber I don't yet own.

================================================
    Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
    Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum:
    It's remarkable, if you consider that it has been 30 years or more since SIG-Sauer offered the P220 in a new caliber.

BTW, SIG-Sauer is developing 10mm ammunition for their new blasters.

It just gets better and better.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Great news! I'd love a tailess Nitron p220ST!

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    The best is yet to come and babe, won't that be fine?
    You think you've seen the sun, but you ain't seen it shine

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    This is the most welcome news in firearms that I have heard in years. Thank you for sharing such incredible news.

Posts: 148 | Location: Stuttgart, Ar. | Registered: January 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Awesome news!

Congratulations Para.
    "My sincere thanks to SIG-Sauer for allowing SIGforum to make this announcement."

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    goodheart
    Picture of sjtill
    posted Hide Post
    Hmmm...another reason to stay a Hawaii resident instead of moving back to CA.

I had the honor of shooting one of Bruce's very early 10 mm P220's--it was a memorable experience.
    Great news, Para!

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mcs1564
    posted Hide Post
    So much for consolidating down to just 9mm and .45...

Great news. Glad to see Sig making an investment in the 220.

------------
    SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of 82airborne
    posted Hide Post
    Way too cool.

Posts: 862 | Location: Zion | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Loves His Wife
    Picture of BRL
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by OneWheelDrive:
    This won't be the first time I start buying ammunition for a caliber I don't yet own.

My thoughts exactly. I'll slowly and less painlessly be stocking up on ammo.

I'm torn between the Stainless Elite and the Stainless SAO. I dig my Carry SAO but this would be an entirely different animal. It will certainly scratch the itch I've had for a stainless full size P220.

If they take long enough, maybe I'll be able to save enough for both Smile

I think this will be time for a special edition P220 10mm holster.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Web Clavin Extraordinaire
    Picture of Oat_Action_Man
    posted Hide Post
    Oh...maglob!

There is only one 10mm that has ever really interested me to this point...now there are two. And i will have this one, a 5" 220 SAO.

Oat

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Probably on a trip
    Picture of furlough
    posted Hide Post
    Welp, time to add a new caliber to the lineup.

Awesome news Para, and congrats on being the one to break it!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
    Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post