SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Hello Kitty!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Am I correct in inferring that Sig hired GGI as consultants on this project?
Sorry, I don't know if that's the case.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow! Eek I can't believe it's actually happening! I am sooooooooo getting one!!!!! Now do I go with DA/SA or SAO? Or both? Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The news has spread to other forums and there is a lot of excitement. Great to hear about it here first though. Congrats to Bruce and Para on what is sure to be a big hit. Sig May not be able to make them fast enough.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Sooo.... it comes with shellfish? Big Grin

Somebody dig up that stickman figure of the caliber comparisons!!

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
That screaming sound you heard was not me, but my wallet. Just when I thought the only thing on my current "must have" list was the MPX, you go and spring this on us! The good news is I don't already have a P220. So I can now fill that hole as well.

Adding another to this collection will be well worth it.

This isn't April 1st is it?

dwp10mm

Posts: 618 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MagnumMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by MagnumMike:
This post needs to be sticky'd.

If I didn't mention it earlier, I'M STOKED! Big Grin

I KNOW! I haven't been this excited about a new pistol since forever. I was kinda stoked about the P320 but a new P220 in 10mm.

OH MY GAWD!!
Me too, bought and sold a 9mm P320 already in anticipation of the 45acp coming out. This announcement had totally overshadowed that. I'll still get a P320 in 45 but gimme that 10mm!

mike
------------------------------
NRA Life Member
& SIGaholic

Posts: 459 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
This post needs to be sticky'd.

If I didn't mention it earlier, I'M STOKED! Big Grin

I KNOW! I haven't been this excited about a new pistol since forever. I was kinda stoked about the P320 but a new P220 in 10mm.

OH MY GAWD!!
Me too, bought and sold a 9mm P320 already in anticipation of the 45acp coming out. This announcement had totally overshadowed that. I'll still get a P320 in 45 but gimme that 10mm!

P320 is on the back burner now, gotta save up for a new P220 10mm and all the accouterments. Cool

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post
What great news! What's going on at SIG? After having everything I wanted for quite a while, SIG announces at four firearms that immediately go on my short list.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
I, for one, am going to have to pass. If I have a negligent discharge and graze my little toe - I'll lose a leg and an arm....'cuz, you know, 10mm.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1367 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Now just to decide which one to get. Which one do you all want? I am thinking about the SAO.

Posts: 3220 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Does this mean no more kitties need to die when 10mm and SIG are brought up on the forum? Not that I like cats but...

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that Sig calling Para to announce the news is as big a deal as the weapon itself.

Says a lot about the man. Way to go Para, way to go.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Awesome! A 10mm P220 with a .22 LR conversion and I'd have two calibers I can't find ammo for.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the GREAT NEWS Para! You've just help me decide which SIG/SAUER will be my next!
I'm happy that they gave you first shot at breaking the news. Thanks for a superb and classy website.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
220 in 10mm with a 5" barrel would make a very nice woods gun.

Yeah, it would. I've been thinking about getting a Glock 20 for that very purpose (and still might, depending on the weight and $$ differences), but... I really like Sigs more.

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great news! I'd be interested in the 5" SAO model. But I won't be in the first wave of buyers unless the gun is being built in Germany. I'm sorry to say I have no faith in US made Sig products. The quality control just isn't there.

Posts: 114 | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Ready to order up some 10mm. Better get it now or it will be like trying to find .380 after the LCP came out.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Holy...!!! Sig is making great progress these days, giving the customers (and SigForum!) what they want. Great progress indeed.

Now let's talk about that 2022 in .22 and .45...

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm in!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post