SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Awesome! A long slide with an RMR would be "bitch'n" Cool

Posts: 565 | Location: Gun Town, USA  | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BWTAC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's remarkable, if you consider that it has been 30 years or more since SIG-Sauer offered the P220 in a new caliber.

BTW, SIG-Sauer is developing 10mm ammunition for their new blasters.

This just keeps getting better and better. When / where will the Sig 10mm ammo be available?

Posts: 1872 | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't have a time frame for the release of the ammunition, but I imagine it would occur with the release of the pistols.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
Great News!! That's gonna be one bad ass pistol..

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Congrats para, bruce, and SigSauer.

Been a while since I bought a new gun. But this would be hard to pass up.

Nice to hear some good news for a change. Maybe we are on a roll.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Ho-lee shit. Well, there goes my Delta Elite Smile

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8797 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MagnumMike
posted Hide Post
The only question for me, 5" DA/SA or SAO?!?!? I AM STOKED! I hope this run is just the beginning for the P220 10mm cuz I'd like to have a full size down the road too.

Now I'll have a use for all the 10mm ammo I been trying to decide what to do with, LOL.

Top Gun Supply, get a pre-order going! I want to get on that list!

quote:
Originally posted by Tower Rat:
Awesome! A long slide with an RMR would be "bitch'n" Cool
Absolutely! Hopefully that will be a reality by the time these are out. That would make the perfect hunting pistol!!

mike
------------------------------
NRA Life Member
& SIGaholic

Posts: 459 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
That is awesome. Very cool of SIG to give you this honor Para. Congrats.

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
My sincere thanks to SIG-Sauer for allowing SIGforum to make this announcement.

That really is nothing short of amazing. Thanks to SIG Sauer, and thanks, especially, to SIGforum—once again.

I think it's very fitting. Smile Who was the first to own a Sig chambered in 10mm? Wink

quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Does Walmart stock 10mm?

Not that I've seen around here. And I look for it everywhere I go. More than 22LR.

Para's gun will be historic!

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Sooo.... it comes with shellfish? Big Grin

Somebody dig up that stickman figure of the caliber comparisons!!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some recent Sig offerings have been troublesome when first released. Can we expect this to be fairly trouble free, as it is an already proven platform?

Are the only differences going to be mags and recoil springs?

I'd really like to get on this early.

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Excellent news and I'm glad I read it here first!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MagnumMike
posted Hide Post
This post needs to be sticky'd.

If I didn't mention it earlier, I'M STOKED! Big Grin

mike
------------------------------
NRA Life Member
& SIGaholic

Posts: 459 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zingo:
Some recent Sig offerings have been troublesome when first released. Can we expect this to be fairly trouble free, as it is an already proven platform?

Are the only differences going to be mags and recoil springs?

I'd really like to get on this early.

I'm confident the 10mm P220 will run like a champ from the first shot, just like my other P220s.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagnumMike:
This post needs to be sticky'd.

If I didn't mention it earlier, I'M STOKED! Big Grin

I KNOW! I haven't been this excited about a new pistol since forever. I was kinda stoked about the P320 but a new P220 in 10mm.

OH MY GAWD!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, SIG-Sauer is developing 10mm ammunition for their new blasters.

Now to see if they'll do a run with SigForum headstamps!

And if the pistol is available in 10mm it's likely we could see a .40 conversion barrel as well.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the fact that SIG is telling us it's going to be a while is an indication that they are proceeding carefully. Certainly, Bruce's experience with building smooth functioning P220s in 10x25mm means that a wealth of information is available to SIG's design team. I'll defer to Bruce on what he might be able to comment on right now in that respect.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
220 in 10mm with a 5" barrel would make a very nice woods gun.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!! I've eyeballed 10mm for years, but none felt like a Sig.
quote:
quote:
I think the fact that SIG is telling us it's going to be a while is an indication that they are proceeding carefully. Certainly, Bruce's experience with building smooth functioning P220s in 10x25mm means that a wealth of information is available to SIG's design team. I'll defer to Bruce on what he might be able to comment on right now in that respect.

Am I correct in inferring that Sig hired GGI as consultants on this project?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post